Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Bachelor Gulch Beaver Creek, CO [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 11, 2014, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: GMoneyCO
Hotel Website: Ritz Carlton Bachelor Gulch Beaver Creek

Parking Fee:

$60 USD

Resort Fee

The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch assesses a resort fee per room, per night. A daily resort fee of USD $35 during summer season and USD $55 during winter season will be added to the room rate

Amenities and services encompassed in our resort fee include:

Winter Resort Fee

Wired and wireless high-speed Internet access in guest rooms and public areas
Local and toll-free phone calls
Use of the state-of-the-art Fitness Center, group fitness classes, swimming pool and whirlpools
Access to The Bachelor Gulch Spa sauna, steam rooms and wet therapies
Game Room featuring coin-free arcade games, ping pong, foosball and more
Ski-in/ski-out valet services and overnight equipment storage
Shuttle Transportation services to and from Beaver Creek Village with transfer service available to Arrowhead Village
Point-to-point transportation to and from Avon (subject to driver availability)
Snowshoe equipment
Evening marshmallows at the Fire Pit
Half-day in Ritz Kids (ages 5- 12) with 24 hour advance reservations (Based on availability, excludes Kids Night Out and Ski Nanny).
In-room Refreshment Bar, replenished daily
Family nature activities provided by Hotel Naturalist

Summer Resort Fee

Use of the state-of-the-art Fitness Center, group fitness classes, swimming pool and whirlpools
Shuttle Transportation services to and from Beaver Creek Village with transfer service available to Arrowhead Village
Preferred tee times at Red Sky Ranch Golf Club
18-hole Bachelor Gulch Disc Golf Course
On-site recreation, including bocce ball, badminton, horseshoes and more
Half-day in Ritz Kids (ages 5- 12) with 24 hour advance reservations (Based on availability, excludes Kids Night Out).

Club Lounge (separate room category): The Club Lounge at The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch is an inviting, well-appointed space accessible only to our Club Level guests. This oasis is often referred to as a hotel within a hotel, where a dedicated and resourceful concierge attends to individual needs. With exclusive amenities, continuous culinary offerings throughout the day (breakfast, light lunch, après ski, evening hors d' oeuvres, beverages and sweets) and access to a computer station.

Platinum and Above Benefits: Virtually none outside of a rare change at a room upgrade.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2014, 8:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Recovering after 7 years of UA 1K, Still UA Silver (Which means nothing), Marriott Lifetime Plat Pre

I'm surprised this hotel doesn't have its own thread. It's one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at in my life. Their cookies are know around the world, and their spa has the most amazing "Grotto" I have ever been in. Their service puts most other Ritz's to shame. I searched for a while and didn't find a thread, but if anyone knows of one please merge.

The reason I was looking for a thread, was because I was wondering what just happened to their summer prices. While I do go here for ski-season occasionally, and expect high prices, this hotel in the summer was a real hidden gem.

For years, they always had a summer rate of $189 for a regular room, and $219 for club level and parking was $25. My wife and I go for our anniversary every year, and once we discovered club level was only $30 more, we decided it was a no brainier. We did this for several years.

Last year the summer rate shot up, it was $289 for a regular room, and $329 for club level and they added a $30 resort fee and parking went up from $25 to $40. We decided it was still worth it, and still went to club level, as it has become a tradition. I asked and they said the higher rate and new resort fee was because of some major renovations they did. Fair enough. Even better, the place was empty in the summer, I figured it was because of the higher fee, not much to do other than hiking in the summer and I can drive up for the day if I want to hike.

Well, this summer, suddenly it's $389 for a regular room, and $589 for club level, plus a $50 resort fee and $50 parking fee. This rate hike just seems crazy too me. Unfortunately its no longer worth it to us to go, even in a non-club room.

I am curious if anyone knew why they would raise the rate so much out of the blue, and I called, it's the same rate all summer. On the phone they had no explanation for the increase.

Like I said, it's an amazing hotel, but thats ski-season rate, during the low season, and I can't justify it. I will sorely miss my tradition, but it's simply no longer worth the price.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 10:07 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Probably just a jumping off point for negotiations. They don't need to justify the rate or honor your past loyalty, it what they can squeeze out of the market at anyone point in time. I'd check back often and see if it drops to something more reasonable or have specials. Good luck, I know a family that went over Thanksgiving (they are rich) and raved about it.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 9:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
emanon256, you might want to check out the Vail Marriott instead. I've stayed there during ski season & in the summer & early autumn & quite enjoyed the property & have gotten some nice upgrades.

Depending on when you're going this summer, you can get the Presidential Suite for $269. Summer valet parking is $21/day & summer resort fee is $15/day (both discounted from winter rates). I just plugged in Vail CO on the Marriott site with no dates (since the one I originally picked turned out to be sold out that weekend/it didn't show up on results), then when it brought up the property, clicked view rates & it brings up the month & you can see rates for the entire month. I clicked forward to summer & then picked a date & it showed all room type available. BTW - besides the Presidential they have other type of suites. Of course you could also just plug in a specific date. I thought it interesting to see the difference in room rates for the month at a glance.

USD 30 daily winter resort fee includes 2 cocktails/Internet/ski and boot storage and more. Fee USD 15 in summer months, so I'm interpreting that to mean you get 2 cocktails & free i-net since ski/boot storage isn't applicable in the summer. It does have a spa, but no 'grotto' (and no cookies).

Cheers.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Feb 11, 2014 at 9:23 am
Old Feb 11, 2014, 9:26 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA Admirals Club, Marriott PLT Premier, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
emanon256, you might want to check out the Vail Marriott instead.
+1 on Vail Marriott. Great upgrades & overall experience but disappointed to learn about the new resort fee added on. Also to add, there is free summer parking in the Loinshead Parking Structure (roughly 5 min free bus ride away/short walk)

Bummed to see the rate spike in Bachelor Gulch, was considering a stay at this property.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 9:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: Recovering after 7 years of UA 1K, Still UA Silver (Which means nothing), Marriott Lifetime Plat Pre
SkiAdcock, you are a genius, why didn't I think of that?

I went to the Vail Marriott Mountain Resort once last fall for a conference, I booked a regular room and got an amazing 1 bedroom two bathroom suite. The staff couldn't have been nicer, and the resort was impeccable. It was also right by the river walk and gondola. They didn't offer the free drinks with the off season fee then, but maybe they do now, either way, it's a good deal. How did I not think of this?

I was looking at the Westin in Avon which we have stayed at a few times, but its rate has also sky rocketed this summer.

Marriott Vail it is, but it will be hard to part with the grotto. I'll have to go back to the Ritz during ski season and use points.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 9:49 am

I have no idea if the summer resort fee includes cocktails; it's just an assumption I made. Since it's your anniversary you could mention that & see if they provide them, but as you said it's still a good deal (especially compared to RC rates). It doesn't have the grotto, but still offers a spa. Also, ssafro1's tip about free summer parking in the Lionshead Parking Structure 5 minutes away saves you $21/day, which can be used to purchase cocktails Enjoy your stay!

Cheers.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 5:02 pm

Programs: RA, UA MM 1k, AA EXP, Marriott LTP, Hyatt Plat, SPG100
Ritz-Carlton Bachelor Gulch Beaver Creek

I wholeheartedly agree with assessment of RC. Too bad indeed regarding summer pricing, but I think it's an excellent value on points in winter.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 6:20 pm

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Originally Posted by emanon256
Well, this summer, suddenly it's $389 for a regular room, and $589 for club level, plus a $50 resort fee and $50 parking fee. This rate hike just seems crazy too me. Unfortunately its no longer worth it to us to go, even in a non-club room.
Like I said, it's an amazing hotel, but thats ski-season rate, during the low season, and I can't justify it. I will sorely miss my tradition, but it's simply no longer worth the price.
If ski season rate was ever $389 I'd jump all over it…. I've never seen a normal room that cheap during ski season.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 7:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TommyC80
If ski season rate was ever $389 I'd jump all over it…. I've never seen a normal room that cheap during ski season.
Quite a few nights in December 2014 for $399 a night. Then it jumps to $599 and up in Jan/Feb 2015 as far out as I can look.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 7:38 pm

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
I have no idea if the summer resort fee includes cocktails; it's just an assumption I made.
FWIW, Vail Marriott Resort summer resort fee is $15. The following is listed at the top of the reservation page for the Vail Marriott:

Please Note – USD 30 daily winter resort fee includes 2 cocktails/Internet/ski and boot storage and more. Fee USD 15 in summer months.

It would include what is noted, although one won't use the boot and ski storage.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 8:14 pm

Programs: RA, UA MM 1k, AA EXP, Marriott LTP, Hyatt Plat, SPG100
Ritz-Carlton Bachelor Gulch Beaver Creek

Just an added note, having stayed at both, they are not comparable. You will be disappointed at Vail Marriott vs RC Bachelor Gulch. But the value on points at both is great!
Old Feb 12, 2014, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by aaupgrade
FWIW, Vail Marriott Resort summer resort fee is $15. The following is listed at the top of the reservation page for the Vail Marriott:

Please Note – USD 30 daily winter resort fee includes 2 cocktails/Internet/ski and boot storage and more. Fee USD 15 in summer months.

It would include what is noted, although one won't use the boot and ski storage.
I noted that in post #3. However, the OP said no cocktails when he stayed there last autumn hence my subsequent post.

Anyway, updates re: Marriott can go in the Vail Marriott thread, which I edited in the wiki in that thread. We should probably keep this one on the RC for those who want more info on this property.

I did create a wiki showing the $50 resort fee & $50 parking fee. Need to check the website to see if it details what is included for the $50 resort fee.

Cheers.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 11:22 am
Original Poster

Need to check the website to see if it details what is included for the $50 resort fee.
I just found this:

Resort Fee

The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch assesses a $50 resort fee per room, per night. Amenities and services encompassed in our resort fee include:

Winter Resort Fee

Ski-in/ski-out valet services and overnight equipment storage
Snowshoe equipment
Half-day in Ritz Kids (ages 5- 12) with 24 hour advance reservations (Based on availability, excludes Kids Night Out and Ski Nanny).

Summer Resort Fee

Preferred tee times at Red Sky Ranch Golf Club
18-hole Bachelor Gulch Disc Golf Course
On-site recreation, including bocce ball, badminton, horseshoes and more
Half-day in Ritz Kids (ages 5- 12) with 24 hour advance reservations (Based on availability, excludes Kids Night Out).

Resort Fee is subject to tax and may change without notice.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 11:29 am

Thanks. I didn't see it, so called the hotel. Your list is more extensive than what hotel told me.

BTW - winter rates for next weekend (not Prez) go from $1,000-10,000/night

Cheers.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Yikes! If they can get it, more power too them. Just shocking and way too much for me to spend.

I am curious about the "In-room Refreshment Bar, replenished daily" I hope it's not a pay-per-use mini bar, I haven't been in a non-club room there in a few years. It would be nice to see free snacks included with the fee. I am also glad smores are free now, although they have been for quite a few years, but the first time I went there was a $40 smores kit fee.

As much as I hate the resort fee, the fact that they charge no spa entry fee makes it worth it. Though it was even nicer when they didn't have a resort fee, and still didn't charge a spa entry fee. I met a very interesting man from Finland once who talked me into trying the plunge pool, and I am now hooked!

For anyone interested, in the off season they have amazing deals at Spago. Of course, that might go away too, who knows. Last time I went it was 30% all entrees, and 50% off select wine by the bottle. The wine presentation is fabulous, I have never seen anything like it, they actually prime the wine glasses with wine. Also, the food there is some of the best I have had in my life. Their lamb chops are the best lamb chops I have ever had, and their tuna tartar is beautiful and delicious.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.