FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ritz-Carlton Bachelor Gulch Beaver Creek, CO [Master Thread]
Old Feb 10, 2014, 8:25 pm
emanon256

Programs: Recovering after 7 years of UA 1K, Still UA Silver (Which means nothing), Marriott Lifetime Plat Pre
Ritz-Carlton Bachelor Gulch Beaver Creek, CO [Master Thread]

I'm surprised this hotel doesn't have its own thread. It's one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at in my life. Their cookies are know around the world, and their spa has the most amazing "Grotto" I have ever been in. Their service puts most other Ritz's to shame. I searched for a while and didn't find a thread, but if anyone knows of one please merge.

The reason I was looking for a thread, was because I was wondering what just happened to their summer prices. While I do go here for ski-season occasionally, and expect high prices, this hotel in the summer was a real hidden gem.

For years, they always had a summer rate of $189 for a regular room, and $219 for club level and parking was $25. My wife and I go for our anniversary every year, and once we discovered club level was only $30 more, we decided it was a no brainier. We did this for several years.

Last year the summer rate shot up, it was $289 for a regular room, and $329 for club level and they added a $30 resort fee and parking went up from $25 to $40. We decided it was still worth it, and still went to club level, as it has become a tradition. I asked and they said the higher rate and new resort fee was because of some major renovations they did. Fair enough. Even better, the place was empty in the summer, I figured it was because of the higher fee, not much to do other than hiking in the summer and I can drive up for the day if I want to hike.

Well, this summer, suddenly it's $389 for a regular room, and $589 for club level, plus a $50 resort fee and $50 parking fee. This rate hike just seems crazy too me. Unfortunately its no longer worth it to us to go, even in a non-club room.

I am curious if anyone knew why they would raise the rate so much out of the blue, and I called, it's the same rate all summer. On the phone they had no explanation for the increase.

Like I said, it's an amazing hotel, but thats ski-season rate, during the low season, and I can't justify it. I will sorely miss my tradition, but it's simply no longer worth the price.