Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Bachelor Gulch Beaver Creek, CO [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 11, 2014, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: GMoneyCO
Hotel Website: Ritz Carlton Bachelor Gulch Beaver Creek

Parking Fee:

$60 USD

Resort Fee

The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch assesses a resort fee per room, per night. A daily resort fee of USD $35 during summer season and USD $55 during winter season will be added to the room rate

Amenities and services encompassed in our resort fee include:

Winter Resort Fee

Wired and wireless high-speed Internet access in guest rooms and public areas
Local and toll-free phone calls
Use of the state-of-the-art Fitness Center, group fitness classes, swimming pool and whirlpools
Access to The Bachelor Gulch Spa sauna, steam rooms and wet therapies
Game Room featuring coin-free arcade games, ping pong, foosball and more
Ski-in/ski-out valet services and overnight equipment storage
Shuttle Transportation services to and from Beaver Creek Village with transfer service available to Arrowhead Village
Point-to-point transportation to and from Avon (subject to driver availability)
Snowshoe equipment
Evening marshmallows at the Fire Pit
Half-day in Ritz Kids (ages 5- 12) with 24 hour advance reservations (Based on availability, excludes Kids Night Out and Ski Nanny).
In-room Refreshment Bar, replenished daily
Family nature activities provided by Hotel Naturalist

Summer Resort Fee

Wired and wireless high-speed Internet access in guest rooms and public areas
Local and toll-free phone calls
Use of the state-of-the-art Fitness Center, group fitness classes, swimming pool and whirlpools
Access to The Bachelor Gulch Spa sauna, steam rooms and wet therapies
Game Room featuring coin-free arcade games, ping pong, foosball and more
Shuttle Transportation services to and from Beaver Creek Village with transfer service available to Arrowhead Village
Point-to-point transportation to and from Avon (subject to driver availability)
Preferred tee times at Red Sky Ranch Golf Club
18-hole Bachelor Gulch Disc Golf Course
On-site recreation, including bocce ball, badminton, horseshoes and more
Evening marshmallows at the Fire Pit
Half-day in Ritz Kids (ages 5- 12) with 24 hour advance reservations (Based on availability, excludes Kids Night Out).
In-room Refreshment Bar, replenished daily
Family nature activities provided by Hotel Naturalist

Club Lounge (separate room category): The Club Lounge at The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch is an inviting, well-appointed space accessible only to our Club Level guests. This oasis is often referred to as a hotel within a hotel, where a dedicated and resourceful concierge attends to individual needs. With exclusive amenities, continuous culinary offerings throughout the day (breakfast, light lunch, aprčs ski, evening hors d' oeuvres, beverages and sweets) and access to a computer station.

Platinum and Above Benefits: Virtually none outside of a rare change at a room upgrade.
Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Bachelor Gulch Beaver Creek, CO [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2021, 11:57 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Originally Posted by GlobalServiced
It sounds high, but all of the taxes here would be State of Colorado (2.9%), Eagle County (1.5%), Bachelor Gulch Metro District (5.0%), and Bachelor Gulch Village Civic Assessment (5.0%) which can be passed down to consumer within Bachelor Gulch. It’s possible that these numbers get you close, but I’m sorry for the surprise on your bill.
And what makes it more confusing is that the 5% Civic Assessment (not a tax, but a fee) is subject to sales tax. I agree that the total is close, but the presentation as a lump sum is technically incorrect (based on the Bachelor Gulch Village Civic Assessment "how to" link): https://bachelorgulchvillage.com/wp-...ed-11.1.17.pdf
Old Dec 10, 2021, 12:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC, Global Entry, CLEAR
Originally Posted by dgreen12
And what makes it more confusing is that the 5% Civic Assessment (not a tax, but a fee) is subject to sales tax. I agree that the total is close, but the presentation as a lump sum is technically incorrect (based on the Bachelor Gulch Village Civic Assessment "how to" link): https://bachelorgulchvillage.com/wp-...ed-11.1.17.pdf
That’s a better translation, no question. 16% is steep, especially if you’re actually staying on property and having the resort fee on top of that.
Old Dec 10, 2021, 12:12 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by dgreen12
The “civic assessment” fee is subject to sales tax because the money is being charged for and on behalf of a corporation at the discretion of the corporation?
Old Dec 10, 2021, 12:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Originally Posted by GUWonder
The “civic assessment” fee is subject to sales tax because the money is being charged for and on behalf of a corporation at the discretion of the corporation?
I'm a tax CPA and am going to re-phrase that as "a mandatory fee is being added to an otherwise sales-taxable purchase" which makes the whole transaction (including the mandatory fee) subject to sales tax.

Each state has different rules, especially on sales-taxable purchases. Many states will subject shipping charges on a sales-taxable purchase to that state's sales tax. Colorado appears to subject this mandatory local fee to sales tax.

I don't specialize in sales and use tax, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night (to quote a cultural reference for those of a certain age).
GUWonder likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 7:58 pm

Booked a 5 nighter with points to blow through my stash in February with the impending Marriott devaluation next year. Rooms are pretty much sold out now for my dates.
Intl359Widget likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 10:36 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by phant0m
Booked a 5 nighter with points to blow through my stash in February with the impending Marriott devaluation next year. Rooms are pretty much sold out now for my dates.
I love the RC Bachelor Gulch, I was able to utilize a STARS rate earlier this year for a three night stay and my family loved the property so we're excited to go back soon in January.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 11:46 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
Mixed feelings about this place. Beautiful exterior and phenomenal location, but the rooms and public spaces are showing their age. And this hotel doesn’t live up to the $800-$2,000/night prices.

Check In
Proof that upgrades ain’t happening here, even on a paid rate: They didn’t have my Titanium number on file so she added that. Thanked me for my loyalty. Then she proceeded to hand me the keys for the room they had already checked me into (before knowing I was a Titanium!). I gently asked about a better room but was declined. I didn’t push it.

Room
Assigned a low floor room that had a table and window seat. Bed was feathery soft. Something was rumbling under me when I laid down to sleep — almost like they were running the washer/dryer below my room. Noise proofing was not great either as I heard the people above me walking around and the people next door talking. Room had lots of dents/peels on the walls and floor boards. Room was equipped with a Lavazza machine, but I didn’t use it.

I was really pleased there was a high capacity humidifier in the room. Always grateful when high altitude hotels provide these (and clean them well!).

Shower pressure was great as was water temp. Shower was small, but that seems to not be uncommon in older RC hotels. I expected standard Asprey amenities, but it was some awful no name brand (Lather?) that looked like something from a Holiday Inn. ...? Hair dryer was low quality and had seen better days. Iron in the room was low quality and had also seen better days.

Dining
Meals were madness in the hotel. It was overrun and understaffed. I could rarely get a seat at lunch unless I showed up before 11:30. Buffalo chili in the bar was awesome tho! The Market didn’t open until 12 noon and even then you would be lucky to score one of the 5-7 sandwiches they had on hand (maybe more are stocked later?). We had dinner at Wyld one night and the food was delicious and the service was fantastic.

Check-Out
There was a valet tip/charge on my folio even though I didn’t park a car. They removed it.

The lady at check-out told me they are closing the property from April to July for renovations. All the rooms and public spaces are going to be “refreshed.” That’s good — this place needs it if it’s going to live up to its pricing.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by JohnnyP
Mixed feelings about this place. Beautiful exterior and phenomenal location, but the rooms and public spaces are showing their age. And this hotel doesn’t live up to the $800-$2,000/night prices.

Check In
Proof that upgrades ain’t happening here, even on a paid rate: They didn’t have my Titanium number on file so she added that. Thanked me for my loyalty. Then she proceeded to hand me the keys for the room they had already checked me into (before knowing I was a Titanium!). I gently asked about a better room but was declined. I didn’t push it.

Room
Assigned a low floor room that had a table and window seat. Bed was feathery soft. Something was rumbling under me when I laid down to sleep — almost like they were running the washer/dryer below my room. Noise proofing was not great either as I heard the people above me walking around and the people next door talking. Room had lots of dents/peels on the walls and floor boards. Room was equipped with a Lavazza machine, but I didn’t use it.

I was really pleased there was a high capacity humidifier in the room. Always grateful when high altitude hotels provide these (and clean them well!).

Shower pressure was great as was water temp. Shower was small, but that seems to not be uncommon in older RC hotels. I expected standard Asprey amenities, but it was some awful no name brand (Lather?) that looked like something from a Holiday Inn. ...? Hair dryer was low quality and had seen better days. Iron in the room was low quality and had also seen better days.

Dining
Meals were madness in the hotel. It was overrun and understaffed. I could rarely get a seat at lunch unless I showed up before 11:30. Buffalo chili in the bar was awesome tho! The Market didn’t open until 12 noon and even then you would be lucky to score one of the 5-7 sandwiches they had on hand (maybe more are stocked later?). We had dinner at Wyld one night and the food was delicious and the service was fantastic.

Check-Out
There was a valet tip/charge on my folio even though I didn’t park a car. They removed it.

The lady at check-out told me they are closing the property from April to July for renovations. All the rooms and public spaces are going to be “refreshed.” That’s good — this place needs it if it’s going to live up to its pricing.
The Ritz is a lovely property and my family loves going there every year since we discovered this place. I did get upgraded to a Mountain View Suite as an Ambassador in February thanks to a last minute cancellation. This property is regularly full so people seem to value it for $800-2,000 and the location cannot be beat for Ski In, Ski Out.

All of the restaurants at the resort is top notch and you’d be well served to make reservations in advance because there are a lot of locals that dine there on a daily basis and guests from other hotels as well since this is the Ritz after all.

I am very excited about the renovations because the hard and soft product is excellent but the resort could use some refreshing from an interior perspective. I will say I was disappointed to not see the Asprey amenities when we visited as that is the Ritz standard and the Lather was meh…

All in All, I’m looking forward to returning next winter for 2-3 days and enjoying Beaver Creek or Vail!
Old Mar 14, 2022, 4:27 pm

Forgot to update from my stay. Something that I haven't seen mention here is that Saturday the fireside bar is like a Vegas day club. Most of the people weren't staying at the Ritz but come up from different properties to ski and day party. DJ, bottle service, champange showers, and extremely drunk people everywhere. Defintely didn't expect that as I was checking in.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by phant0m
Forgot to update from my stay. Something that I haven't seen mention here is that Saturday the fireside bar is like a Vegas day club. Most of the people weren't staying at the Ritz but come up from different properties to ski and day party. DJ, bottle service, champange showers, and extremely drunk people everywhere. Defintely didn't expect that as I was checking in.
Unfortunately that’s on par for the “Ski Apres” Crowd where everyone wants to be at the Ritz without paying the Ritz prices so they come to eat and drink and act out their lavish lifestyle fantasy for a few hours.
Old Nov 19, 2022, 9:57 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Loews Platinum
Club lounge

Anyone used the club lounge recently here? How does it compare to other Ritz properties?
Old Jan 23, 2023, 4:39 pm

Recent Stay in January 2023

This is my fourth stay at the Ritz Carlton in Bachelor Gulch (Beaver Creek) and I have yet to be disappointed. The Copper Bath tub experience at the SPA is amazing if you'd like to indulge in some pampering in between Skiing and the Sauna as well.

Marriott Bonv°y
Upgrades: None - Fully booked (App showed no available rooms)

Loyalty: Ambassador - Took the 1,000 Points at check in

Recognition: Upon returning from Skiing, there was a bag with a Beanie and a card saying "Happy Birthday" which was a nice gesture from the Concierge team at the Ritz.

Hotel / Property
Location: The Ritz is situated in the Bachelor Gulch village where one can Ski In/Ski Out or engage in a variety of summer activities such as hiking, mountain biking, and isn't too far from Avon or Vail (20 min drive).

Atmosphere: The RC is one of the most happening places in Vail/Beaver Creek as they have an outdoor bar where people stop by in between Skiing or hiking.

Service: This is one of the best full service properties in the Vail area but it can also be a bit overwhelming if you're looking for a relaxing weekend in the Mountains due to the "party scene" that the RC brings in.

Room: Booked a 1 Br. King Jr. Suite facing the Mountain
controller1 likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2023, 9:09 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Braswch
Anyone used the club lounge recently here? How does it compare to other Ritz properties?
I would also like to know the answer to this question.
Old Mar 20, 2023, 6:00 am

Jan/Feb 2023 stay:

Arrival Process:

Excellent! Uber is now allowed to operate at EGE so we took a UberXL (had to wait a bit for one to become available) for about $90 from EGE. Bellman brought our bags to the room and took my skis and boots to the valet. Was given an overview of the club lounge at check-in. I asked and was given a list of inclusions in the resort fee as well.

Room:
Used a RCR Chase Visa club level upgrade to book a Club Level King room at the standard King room rate. This was a midweek stay, so Tuesday-Saturday (4 nights). Club Level Executive Suite was available for booking day of checkin and I asked, and was granted, an upgrade. This suite was a “corner” suite with windows on two corners, was on the 8th floor (the club level) and faced the lift/slopes. Rooms were recently renovated and this suite was stunning. New furniture, carpet, beds, separate tub and (excellent) walk-in shower. Two large walk-in closets. 1.5 baths. Two balconies overlooking the ski slope, lift, and outdoor aprés ski area. Fireplace was a real gem - it is actually HOT unlike the trash gas fireplace in the PH Beaver Creek. Overall I was very impressed with the quality of the room and the location.

Club Lounge:
Club Lounge is located on the 8th floor at this property. Breakfast begins at 7am. It is very small, and almost always very uncrowded. Many times we were the only people in there. We like to take almost all our meals and spend a lot of downtime in the lounge. It was truly a relaxed environment. The food offerings were far better than what I’ve found at the only other club lounge I visit consistently at the Ritz in San Francisco. Cold and Hot dishes for lunch and evening bites included sliders, pasta, sandwiches, soups, etc. It was substantial and something was always provided for kids. Breakfast was basic but good - eggs, protein, breads, fruits, cereals. Beer is in the fridge and wine is out in the evenings, and they will make you mixed drinks and cocktails on request. The highlight was the mountain concierge making a pass through the lounge to talk with guests about the lifts and accessing different parts of the mountain. Truly helpful if you haven’t skied BC in awhile. Lounge has balconies available for warmer weather months that face the mountains on the other side of I-70.

Ski Valet
Great ski valet here located in the ski shop. They will warm your boots overnight and take everything off your hands coming in for lunch or at the end of the day.

Hot Tubs
For some reason, two of the three hot tubs were broken one of the days during my stay and were only lukewarm and not hot. So the one remaining tub was extremely full and I avoided it. I let management know about this, they didn’t even seem aware. This was rather disappointing.

Gym
Hard to get to - you have to either enter from the outdoor pool area or navigate a maze of hallways and stairs through the hotel or the spa to get to it. Good selection of equipment and I was happy getting my treadmill miles in at 8000 feet.

Aprés Ski
Holy cow, get ready for a party vibe with loud EDM music from 1pm onwards. This hotel is right at the base of the lift and the place turns into a dayclub in the afternoon. Good vibes if you’re into that scene, but you might want to ask for a room facing away from the ski lift if you want a quiet room.

Late Checkout
Asked for and was granted a 1pm checkout even though the hotel was booked to capacity on the Saturday of my departure.

General tip - make sure you get points credit for the resort fee spend. Bonvoy never automatically gives this but I’m always able to get it after sending a DM to Bonvoy Assist on Twitter. The resort fee is not a service charge or a tax, and therefore should be eligible spend for points earning.

I enjoyed this property far more than the St. Regis Aspen, PH Beaver Creek and GH Vail. It just felt much, much higher quality than the PH and the Bachelor Gulch location reigns supreme in terms of being more secluded but still easily accessible to BC village with complimentary transportation from the hotel or the BC dial a ride app.

The club lounge has excellent F&B offerings. The club here seems quite pricey when compared to standard room daily rates (like $500+ additional per night) so it represented good value to use the Ritz-Carlton Visa club upgrade awards. The suite upgrade was incredible, and probably made easier because I was there midweek and had already confirmed a club level room, so the upgrade pool to a club level suite was smaller. No doubt there were tons of Titaniums and Ambassadors there during my stay and it still worked out! Highly recommend this ski-in, ski-out property compared to others in the area!

as for skiing - I love the blue groomers accessible off the Bachelor Gulch and Arrowhead lifts and you really avoid the crowds and ski school madness you’ll find at the base lifts from BC Village. It’s pretty easy to access the upper part of the mountain from this side, as well.
FTDDD likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2023, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by bcampbell1324
Aprés Ski
Holy cow, get ready for a party vibe with loud EDM music from 1pm onwards. This hotel is right at the base of the lift and the place turns into a dayclub in the afternoon. Good vibes if you’re into that scene, but you might want to ask for a room facing away from the ski lift if you want a quiet room.
I think I'm going back President's Day weekend 2024. It'll be fun
Intl359Widget likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.