Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Bachelor Gulch Beaver Creek, CO [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 11, 2014, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: GMoneyCO
Hotel Website: Ritz Carlton Bachelor Gulch Beaver Creek

Parking Fee:

$60 USD

Resort Fee

The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch assesses a resort fee per room, per night. A daily resort fee of USD $35 during summer season and USD $55 during winter season will be added to the room rate

Amenities and services encompassed in our resort fee include:

Winter Resort Fee

Wired and wireless high-speed Internet access in guest rooms and public areas
Local and toll-free phone calls
Use of the state-of-the-art Fitness Center, group fitness classes, swimming pool and whirlpools
Access to The Bachelor Gulch Spa sauna, steam rooms and wet therapies
Game Room featuring coin-free arcade games, ping pong, foosball and more
Ski-in/ski-out valet services and overnight equipment storage
Shuttle Transportation services to and from Beaver Creek Village with transfer service available to Arrowhead Village
Point-to-point transportation to and from Avon (subject to driver availability)
Snowshoe equipment
Evening marshmallows at the Fire Pit
Half-day in Ritz Kids (ages 5- 12) with 24 hour advance reservations (Based on availability, excludes Kids Night Out and Ski Nanny).
In-room Refreshment Bar, replenished daily
Family nature activities provided by Hotel Naturalist

Summer Resort Fee

Wired and wireless high-speed Internet access in guest rooms and public areas
Local and toll-free phone calls
Use of the state-of-the-art Fitness Center, group fitness classes, swimming pool and whirlpools
Access to The Bachelor Gulch Spa sauna, steam rooms and wet therapies
Game Room featuring coin-free arcade games, ping pong, foosball and more
Shuttle Transportation services to and from Beaver Creek Village with transfer service available to Arrowhead Village
Point-to-point transportation to and from Avon (subject to driver availability)
Preferred tee times at Red Sky Ranch Golf Club
18-hole Bachelor Gulch Disc Golf Course
On-site recreation, including bocce ball, badminton, horseshoes and more
Evening marshmallows at the Fire Pit
Half-day in Ritz Kids (ages 5- 12) with 24 hour advance reservations (Based on availability, excludes Kids Night Out).
In-room Refreshment Bar, replenished daily
Family nature activities provided by Hotel Naturalist

Club Lounge (separate room category): The Club Lounge at The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch is an inviting, well-appointed space accessible only to our Club Level guests. This oasis is often referred to as a hotel within a hotel, where a dedicated and resourceful concierge attends to individual needs. With exclusive amenities, continuous culinary offerings throughout the day (breakfast, light lunch, après ski, evening hors d' oeuvres, beverages and sweets) and access to a computer station.

Platinum and Above Benefits: Virtually none outside of a rare change at a room upgrade.
Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Bachelor Gulch Beaver Creek, CO [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2014, 12:44 pm

Programs: 3 Month Delta Plat, UA PP 2.4mm, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Lifetime Diamond, National EE
I've stayed at the RC Bachelor Gulch, The Westin in Avon, and the Marriott at Lionshead.
One thing to note about the RC is that they cater very heavily to people with dogs. Dogs that probably have more net worth then I do, but still a dog. They have people who will take your dog on organized hikes, and the dogs were all over the hotel when my wife and I went there. What the doggie wanted the doggie got! However the property is awesome if that doesn't concern you.

I really think the Westin was the best hotel of the bunch, but the location stinks. The Marriott itself has been very crowded every time I've been there (about 6 trips now, winter and summer) but having Lionshead and the mountain right there is pretty awesome too.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 2:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by emanon256

I am curious about the "In-room Refreshment Bar, replenished daily" tuna tartar
When I called the property the gal said free honor bar. I said does that mean all booze inside, and she backtracked saying it was along the line of snacks, 2 beers & 2 sodas. Whether she was right on everything I don't know, but it gives you a bit of a clue on what might be included.

Cheers.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 8:58 am

Programs: Hilton GLD , IC RA, Marriott PLT, Avis FIRST
Ritz BC

The reason for the rate hike is because of the MASSIVE renovation that was just done there. If you thought it was nice before, its over the top now. Rooms, common areas, general layout, restaurants/bars - all have been made over.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: Recovering after 7 years of UA 1K, Still UA Silver (Which means nothing), Marriott Lifetime Plat Pre
Was this a second renovation? They did do a massive renovation in early 2013, which was the reason they gave me for the shoulder season and summer price hike as well as the new resort fee. They were also closed several weeks longer than usual in spring 2013. It was amazing! But its the spring 2014 rates that have shot up even more which caught me off guard.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 9:17 am

Programs: Hilton GLD , IC RA, Marriott PLT, Avis FIRST
Was this a second renovation? They did do a massive renovation in early 2013, which was the reason they gave me for the shoulder season and summer price hike as well as the new resort fee. They were also closed several weeks longer than usual in spring 2013. It was amazing! But its the spring 2014 rates that have shot up even more which caught me off guard.
I think the renovation cost them much more than expected and they are having to recoup more than expected. Also during ski season that place seems to have endless demand. We use to go every year through the Ritz vacation club in a 3 bedroom condo but the last few years have gone to Vail. Looking forward to getting back at some point this year.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 6:28 pm

Programs: RA, UA MM 1k, AA EXP, Marriott LTP, Hyatt Plat, SPG100
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Quote:

I am curious about the "In-room Refreshment Bar, replenished daily" tuna tartar

When I called the property the gal said free honor bar. I said does that mean all booze inside, and she backtracked saying it was along the line of snacks, 2 beers & 2 sodas. Whether she was right on everything I don't know, but it gives you a bit of a clue on what might be included.

Cheers.
During my stay at the first of the year, the honor bar included 2 beers, 2 sodas, local chocolate, snack mix, chips, and a power bar. It was replenished daily, no additional charge.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by kit125
During my stay at the first of the year, the honor bar included 2 beers, 2 sodas, local chocolate, snack mix, chips, and a power bar. It was replenished daily, no additional charge.
Thanks for the update!

Cheers.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 3:21 pm

Huge price jump, likely due to a combination of the renovation that they did, the world cup coming there next winter, and the fact that the Ritz Carlton Club condos next door left them this past season and a huge revenue source disappeared.

Realistically, this place has had no problems with filling their rooms during ski season for years. The economics of Beaver Creek and Bachelor Gulch are remarkable and the people coming here are largely recession proof.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 3:22 pm

Nearby Free Parking?

Is it possible to avoid the $50 per day parking charge and park on one of the side streets nearby?
Old Jul 20, 2015, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Recovering after 7 years of UA 1K, Still UA Silver (Which means nothing), Marriott Lifetime Plat Pre
Originally Posted by Roka
Is it possible to avoid the $50 per day parking charge and park on one of the side streets nearby?
There are no side streets nearby.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 3:34 pm

There are no side streets nearby.
What about Bachelor Ridge or one of the dead end streets off of that?
Old Jul 20, 2015, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Roka
What about Bachelor Ridge or one of the dead end streets off of that?
There is no parking allowed on Bachelor Ridge and the dead end streets off of it are all private driveways. There is no parking allowed on any of the nearby roads, there is a lot in Avon, but its quite a hike and I don't think it allows overnight parking.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 3:49 pm

There is no parking allowed on Bachelor Ridge and the dead end streets off of it are all private driveways. There is no parking allowed on any of the nearby roads, there is a lot in Avon, but its quite a hike and I don't think it allows overnight parking.
I guess that is why they can charge $50. Thanks.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 3:35 pm

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Looks like the summer resort fee is down to $30:
"Please Note – A daily resort fee of USD 30 during summer season and USD 50 during winter season will be added to the room rate "
Old Jul 7, 2016, 10:37 am

Looks like they have some summer activity programs if you're staying there this summer:

http://news.marriott.com/2016/07/rit...ower-programs/

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.