Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Bachelor Gulch Beaver Creek, CO [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 11, 2014, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: GMoneyCO
Hotel Website: Ritz Carlton Bachelor Gulch Beaver Creek

Parking Fee:

$60 USD

Resort Fee

The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch assesses a resort fee per room, per night. A daily resort fee of USD $35 during summer season and USD $55 during winter season will be added to the room rate

Amenities and services encompassed in our resort fee include:

Winter Resort Fee

Wired and wireless high-speed Internet access in guest rooms and public areas
Local and toll-free phone calls
Use of the state-of-the-art Fitness Center, group fitness classes, swimming pool and whirlpools
Access to The Bachelor Gulch Spa sauna, steam rooms and wet therapies
Game Room featuring coin-free arcade games, ping pong, foosball and more
Ski-in/ski-out valet services and overnight equipment storage
Shuttle Transportation services to and from Beaver Creek Village with transfer service available to Arrowhead Village
Point-to-point transportation to and from Avon (subject to driver availability)
Snowshoe equipment
Evening marshmallows at the Fire Pit
Half-day in Ritz Kids (ages 5- 12) with 24 hour advance reservations (Based on availability, excludes Kids Night Out and Ski Nanny).
In-room Refreshment Bar, replenished daily
Family nature activities provided by Hotel Naturalist

Summer Resort Fee

Wired and wireless high-speed Internet access in guest rooms and public areas
Local and toll-free phone calls
Use of the state-of-the-art Fitness Center, group fitness classes, swimming pool and whirlpools
Access to The Bachelor Gulch Spa sauna, steam rooms and wet therapies
Game Room featuring coin-free arcade games, ping pong, foosball and more
Shuttle Transportation services to and from Beaver Creek Village with transfer service available to Arrowhead Village
Point-to-point transportation to and from Avon (subject to driver availability)
Preferred tee times at Red Sky Ranch Golf Club
18-hole Bachelor Gulch Disc Golf Course
On-site recreation, including bocce ball, badminton, horseshoes and more
Evening marshmallows at the Fire Pit
Half-day in Ritz Kids (ages 5- 12) with 24 hour advance reservations (Based on availability, excludes Kids Night Out).
In-room Refreshment Bar, replenished daily
Family nature activities provided by Hotel Naturalist

Club Lounge (separate room category): The Club Lounge at The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch is an inviting, well-appointed space accessible only to our Club Level guests. This oasis is often referred to as a hotel within a hotel, where a dedicated and resourceful concierge attends to individual needs. With exclusive amenities, continuous culinary offerings throughout the day (breakfast, light lunch, après ski, evening hors d' oeuvres, beverages and sweets) and access to a computer station.

Platinum and Above Benefits: Virtually none outside of a rare change at a room upgrade.
Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Bachelor Gulch Beaver Creek, CO [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2019, 3:19 pm

For some reason on Marriott's site, this property has not moved to a category 8 yet. I'd put in a booking ASAP if you're looking here.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 3:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K | Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) | National Exec Elite | Global Entry | HH Silver
I just wrapped up a 2 night stay at the property earlier this week and similar to my review last year, I was underwhelmed again this year. Some of the problems noted last year were addressed, primarily by dropping them as amenities altogether such as the car service to/from Avon and Edwards. While I didn't have as many issues as mgchan noted in their review, the problems noted in both of our reviews are somewhat thematic (issues with the coffee maker and refrigerator in one of the two rooms we had that took two calls to get fixed). We also ran into broken jets in the hot tubs, issues with the steam room not always functioning correctly and the same broken speaker as last year. I've stayed at Ritz Carlton hotels in a handful of different countries and this one has left me scratching my head the last couple of years.

The ski in/out nature of the property is wonderful but 60,000 pts/night and ~$115/night in fees depending on if you park or not, the property just isn't worth the cost for a rewards stay IMO, next year I'm going to give the Westin in Avon a try.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by GMoneyCO
I just wrapped up a 2 night stay at the property earlier this week and similar to my review last year, I was underwhelmed again this year. Some of the problems noted last year were addressed, primarily by dropping them as amenities altogether such as the car service to/from Avon and Edwards. While I didn't have as many issues as mgchan noted in their review, the problems noted in both of our reviews are somewhat thematic (issues with the coffee maker and refrigerator in one of the two rooms we had that took two calls to get fixed). We also ran into broken jets in the hot tubs, issues with the steam room not always functioning correctly and the same broken speaker as last year. I've stayed at Ritz Carlton hotels in a handful of different countries and this one has left me scratching my head the last couple of years.

The ski in/out nature of the property is wonderful but 60,000 pts/night and ~$115/night in fees depending on if you park or not, the property just isn't worth the cost for a rewards stay IMO, next year I'm going to give the Westin in Avon a try.
Did you report this in the post stay survey and if so, how did they respond?
Old Mar 8, 2019, 4:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K | Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) | National Exec Elite | Global Entry | HH Silver
Originally Posted by phant0m
Did you report this in the post stay survey and if so, how did they respond?
I reported everything (including what I had already reported) when I checked out and the response I got from the front desk clerk was more/less "That's nice". I haven't received any kind of after-stay survey.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by GMoneyCO
I reported everything (including what I had already reported) when I checked out and the response I got from the front desk clerk was more/less "That's nice". I haven't received any kind of after-stay survey.
You should usually get an after-stay survey after a few days and Marriott management gets full visibility from those. I've gotten phone calls from GMs from complaints I've done on them.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 9:23 am

Programs: UA: MM
I wonder if adding the Beaver Creek Lodge to the Marriott portfolio will put pressure on the Ritz. We go to BC every year and I've always been tempted by the RC but I would rather stay over in the Beaver Creek Village.

Obviously, this is not an apples to apples deal. I've stayed at the Beaver Creek Lodge prior to the conversion and its got location but wasn't particularly special. Even with the remodel, I don't think they are up to what we think of as Ritz Carlton caliber. BUT as a points option, the location is far better.

As far as I know, this puts Marriott and Hyatt as the only redemption options with ski-in-ski-out or in the village. (We are huge fans of the Hyatt Mountain Lodge but it is very hard to get a points stay there and the Park Hyatt is nice but "just" a hotel.)

FWIW
DLM
Old Dec 5, 2019, 7:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
I'm curious what the club (1) costs for paid access and (2) is like in terms of food, drink, breakfast, etc.
falcon9xr likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 7:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Can someone please provide an email address for this hotel? I need to correspond both with the concierge and the rooms manager on a few questions / requests.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 7:31 pm
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by dingo
Can someone please provide an email address for this hotel? I need to correspond both with the concierge and the rooms manager on a few questions / requests.
Hi dingo,

You can reach The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch team at this email address.
[email protected]Best regards,

Chie Ling C
Social Media Team
Marriott International
[email protected]
Old Nov 16, 2020, 4:58 pm

Programs: UA 1P, SPG
Kind of a bizarre experience here. I'm a Titanium who booked through a STARS agent from a Wednesday to Sunday during shoulder season, First week of November. Occupancy on Wed was 20%, then 40% on Thurs, then in the 60s% during the weekend. Even though they have a multitude of rooms (Valley View, Mountain Room, w/balconies and/or fireplaces) they only have one category of room that you can book which is "Guest King" and so you are at the mercy of the staff as to what room you are assigned. Why? Who the heck knows, you would think the property would want to try to extract more revenue from different room types.

At checkin, I was told I was upgraded to a club room (albeit the club was closed due to covid). It ended up just being a valley view room with neither a balcony or fireplace, basically the lowest category room at the property. I'm not exactly sure how they tried to slide that buy as an upgrade. I kept checking back with the front desk daily, saying that I'd be willing to move rooms at anytime during my stay to get in to a better room, and it was finally Friday evening (after occupancy had tripled?) that they got me in to a mountain view room with a balcony, although was hoping for a fireplace. Kind of a head scratcher.

The STARS booking came with complimentary breakfast and it was the first time after several hundred hotel stays for me that the taxes from a complimentary breakfast made its way to the folio....on purpose, not by mistake.

I've only really had one similar experience like this in terms of how I was treated, and it happened to be the St Regis Aspen.

The property itself is nice, the food was good, and if during ski season is nice that its ski in and ski out, but is really no frills if you don't have status........or, oh, even if you do have status and booked through a luxury travel program. The Resort Fee seemed pretty steep ($50) considering the spa facilities were closed, this was before ski season, so no ski valet and no snow shoeing.

I've stayed at both the near by park Hyatt, which is skin/skiout but a tad outdated, and also the Four Seasons Vail which i both wouldn't hesitate to go back to; and frankly, sometimes the overall experience is what gets you to come back, which i can't say so much for this property.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Does this property still close in April and November or is it open nonstop, year-round now?
What about onsite laundry facilties?

Last edited by SkyTeam777; Jul 5, 2021 at 9:16 am
Old Oct 12, 2021, 4:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC, Global Entry, CLEAR
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Does this property still close in April and November or is it open nonstop, year-round now?
What about onsite laundry facilties?
Yes, this property still closes in November. This April however will be a longer close as they are redoing all of the guest rooms in an attempt to "modernize" them. Really hoping that they won't lose the mountain rustic charm... Unfortunately, I can't comment on laundry facilities.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by GlobalServiced
Yes, this property still closes in November. This April however will be a longer close as they are redoing all of the guest rooms in an attempt to "modernize" them. Really hoping that they won't lose the mountain rustic charm... Unfortunately, I can't comment on laundry facilities.
This makes it sound like they close for an entire month. I don't believe that to be true...I booked a week in November, the week of T-Day.
Old Dec 9, 2021, 7:29 pm

We were staying in Vail Square but decided to come down to use the Ritz Spa and have a quick lunch of property on the last day of our trip. Our lunch included a "TAX" of almost 16%. I asked the server about it as well as the hostess when we were leaving and they both assured me it was correct. We were heading to the airport so I didn't have time inquire further. However, now that I'm home, my own research doesn't show any sales tax rates in the area being that high.

Does the Ritz lump some other tax in with the sales tax? I know some cities have other taxes in addition to sales tax, like San Francisco where they charge a homeless tax, but the restaurant bills have always displayed it on a separate line, IMO.
Old Dec 10, 2021, 8:14 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC, Global Entry, CLEAR
Originally Posted by NRoften
We were staying in Vail Square but decided to come down to use the Ritz Spa and have a quick lunch of property on the last day of our trip. Our lunch included a "TAX" of almost 16%. I asked the server about it as well as the hostess when we were leaving and they both assured me it was correct. We were heading to the airport so I didn't have time inquire further. However, now that I'm home, my own research doesn't show any sales tax rates in the area being that high.

Does the Ritz lump some other tax in with the sales tax? I know some cities have other taxes in addition to sales tax, like San Francisco where they charge a homeless tax, but the restaurant bills have always displayed it on a separate line, IMO.
It sounds high, but all of the taxes here would be State of Colorado (2.9%), Eagle County (1.5%), Bachelor Gulch Metro District (5.0%), and Bachelor Gulch Village Civic Assessment (5.0%) which can be passed down to consumer within Bachelor Gulch. It’s possible that these numbers get you close, but I’m sorry for the surprise on your bill.
NRoften likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.