FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ritz-Carlton Bachelor Gulch Beaver Creek, CO [Master Thread]
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:15 pm
GMoneyCO

Programs: UA 1K | Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) | National Exec Elite | Global Entry | HH Silver
I just completed a 3 night stay at the property and was very underwhelmed this year. A group of friends and I have made skip trips to the Bachelor Gulch Ritz for the past several years and while the service in past years has been inconsistent at times, this year's service was downright poor in many areas. We checked in on Friday morning and out midday Monday, avoiding peak check-in/out periods.

Here are a few of the things we ran into this year:
-- Our bags took far too long to reach our rooms, 30+ minutes. We had to call and ask where they were before they were brought up
-- At times the staff were rude and unhelpful. We requested a late check out on Monday to get some skiing in before we left and were told "No". We later found out the hotel wasn't near full occupancy on Monday night and our rooms weren't needed.
-- The hot tubs were not working correctly multiple days in a row (broken jets).
-- We could not get sheets for the pullout sofa in the room. We called the desk multiple times and were told "the elevator is broken, we can't bring them up to you".
-- Amenities in the grotto were broken as well (lose rails on the stairs in/out of the hot & cool pools, broken speaker in the steam room, hot water issues in one of the showers, etc.)
--The hotel car service was problematic. We made a reservation early in the day to be taken into Edwards (~10 min drive from the hotel) for dinner and we got a call late in the afternoon after the car had been scheduled that it was 'too far' for the driver. After bringing up the situation to the concierge, they were surprised we were told this as it's well within the radius the car services.

In talking with other guests in the hot tubs, they mentioned they had similar challenges.

We brought up these challenges and others as they were encountered with hotel management and they did their best to correct them and make amends (comped drinks and parking) but these issues should not come up in the first place at an established hotel and one of Ritz caliber. I'm not sure if this is a management issue, if there are a lot of new employees, or if something else is triggering the inconsistent service,

I want to like the Bachelor Gulch Ritz with all it has to offer but the inconsistent service the past couple of years has me looking at other options in the Beaver Creek and Vail area for our ski trips until things get back to what I remember form the early years of visiting the Ritz.