Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Gritti Palace, Venice, Italy (Post 2013 renovation) [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 24, 2018, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhrubin
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Concierge: [email protected] om

Directions on how to reach hotel from airport, train station, or elsewhere in Venice: https://www.marriott.com/hotelwebsites/us/v/vcegl/vcegl_pdfs/How_to_arrive_The_Gritti_Palace.pdf

Closest waterbus stop to hotel: Santa Maria del Giglio pier Directions

Expert Review (posted to Luxury Forum) from Oct 2016:

https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...e-upgrade-1632
Print Wikipost

Gritti Palace, Venice, Italy (Post 2013 renovation) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2017, 1:10 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt GP Platinum
SPG Free Nights?

Trying to book rooms at Gritti for the first week of October. Is it near impossible to book rooms on points at this hotel? I can't seem to find any availability.

Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 1:18 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by fishy21
Trying to book rooms at Gritti for the first week of October. Is it near impossible to book rooms on points at this hotel? I can't seem to find any availability.

Thanks in advance.
The base room may be out of availability, hence spg.com will direct you to call to see if any slightly increased award rooms may be available. That was true for our stay last Oct.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 1:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Yes, I'd call to see what they have. It's a small hotel that is amazing in an amazing city that treats plats very nicely (breakfast is awesome) and it has been renovated...fully. Shut down for a long time so demand is even more pent up.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 1:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Plat, Marriott Plat,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat
Wonderful place! I don't recall having any issues booking about now for late September. Maybe somethings going on then, definitely call.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 3:46 pm

Thanks everyone. They indeed had rooms available if I called. Although, it was only suites.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 6:30 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Thanks everyone. They indeed had rooms available if I called. Although, it was only suites.
They may be pricey in points...but I assure you it is worth it at the Gritti! It's one of the best properties in the whole of the SPG portfolio IMO...and it's hard to know how Marriott will handle suite awards/upgrades once the 2 programs merge in 2018. If you're going in 2017...GO. And if you can only get a suite, get a suite (assuming you have the points, of course).

For reference, here is my review (posted to the Luxury Hotels forum, since that's where I think it better belongs, actually)...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...l#post27349332
Old Feb 13, 2017, 11:17 pm

Thank you!
Old Jun 3, 2017, 12:35 am

Programs: UA 1K, Delta PM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, IHG Gold
November 6th to 8th

Hotel appears completely booked for above dates in all room categories. Anyone knows why that might be?
Old Jun 4, 2017, 11:19 am

Last month of the Biennale?
Old Aug 19, 2017, 2:52 pm

Could anyone give me an overview of the differences between some of the lower end rooms:

Namely, Deluxe, Venetian, and Giglio?

Thanks
Old Aug 19, 2017, 6:06 pm

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BW0807
Could anyone give me an overview of the differences between some of the lower end rooms:

Namely, Deluxe, Venetian, and Giglio?

Thanks
I suspect it's largely the view. We stayed in a Giglio room last year and when I just looked at the website, my recollection of the room was very similar to the other two categories you mention. Note that the stated dimensions within each room type on the site vary widely, and our Giglio was probably near the low end of those.

We had a direct view of the adjoining square and if you looked out at just the right angle, the canal. The Venetian rooms mention an inner courtyard view, while the Deluxe just mentions natural light. One of the categories only features a queen bed, so another difference there.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 7:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
My Giglio room is consistent w/ the above post. Looked out over the square. Had my daughter with us so we had a rollaway bed in the room. It was not incredibly spacious w/ the rollaway, but it worked fine. Two windows looking out over the square, big bathroom, awesome plat breakfast, amazing splurges outside at the bar on the canal with overpriced club sandwiches and wine...would do it all again in a second!
bhrubin and GratefulSmile like this.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 11:04 am

Any recent reviews of Gritti Palace? I'm debating between here & Hotel Danieli. I booked two separate reservations at GP, one with C&P, and they are requesting that I move rooms during the middle of my stay.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 11:34 am
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Any recent reviews of Gritti Palace? I'm debating between here & Hotel Danieli. I booked two separate reservations at GP, one with C&P, and they are requesting that I move rooms during the middle of my stay.
I posted my review of the Gritti from our amazing leisure stay last Oct 2016 in the Luxury Hotels Forum, as we always stay in luxury level hotels for leisure. My review is here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...l#post27349332

FWIW, I am SPG Plat100 Ambassador level, and I would assume that played a part in our amazing experience and upgrade at the Gritti. Yet all elements of our stay were really sublime, and those aren't all because of my status.

If you want a true luxury experience, there are few hotels in Italy that can rival the Gritti. We actually preferred the Gritti to the even more pricey Aman Grand Canal Venice, largely because we far preferred the open air Canal-views bar and restaurant at the Gritti and because service at both properties was equally amazing. As Amanjunkies, that's saying something!

If you can handle the room move, I'd say take the stay at the Gritti. If you dont like the room move but know you'll be back, then you could consider the Danieli. The Danieli is a lovely luxury hotel in its own right, but its much larger size and St. Mark's-adjacent location make it feel a bit less luxurious and a lot more zoo-like IMO.
fishy21 likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by bhrubin
If you can handle the room move, I'd say take the stay at the Gritti. If you dont like the room move but know you'll be back, then you could consider the Danieli. The Danieli is a lovely luxury hotel in its own right, but its much larger size and St. Mark's-adjacent location make it feel a bit less luxurious and a lot more zoo-like IMO.
Thank you. I've stayed at Danielli before. It does feel zoo-like due to the location. I wanted to try Gritti Palace, but one of the first times that a hotel has told me that I need to move rooms because I have two different reservations.

I think I'll give it a try... especially with the Marriott changeover, might be worth a shot.

Thanks.
bhrubin likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.