Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Gritti Palace, Venice, Italy (Post 2013 renovation) [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 24, 2018, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhrubin
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Concierge: [email protected] om

Directions on how to reach hotel from airport, train station, or elsewhere in Venice: https://www.marriott.com/hotelwebsites/us/v/vcegl/vcegl_pdfs/How_to_arrive_The_Gritti_Palace.pdf

Closest waterbus stop to hotel: Santa Maria del Giglio pier Directions

Expert Review (posted to Luxury Forum) from Oct 2016:

https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...e-upgrade-1632
Print Wikipost

Gritti Palace, Venice, Italy (Post 2013 renovation) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2014, 2:51 pm

Programs: Delta DM 2MM, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
We'll be visiting Venice for 2 nights later this month...Is it worth using 60k points for two nights (30k/night)?
Old Apr 13, 2014, 9:38 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Originally Posted by CVG_DL
We'll be visiting Venice for 2 nights later this month...Is it worth using 60k points for two nights (30k/night)?
You will not regret to stay at this hotel. I love every seconds when I stayed there.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 11:58 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
if C/P is an option, it is a better one... I converted our reservation.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 11:18 am

Have stayed at both the Gritti and Europa and Regina. Must say I was very (understatement) surprised that our room at E&R was nicer, although this was pre-renovation. The major thing I think the E&R has over the Gritti is that the Gritti has a 'snobbish' atmosphere, while E&R has a comfortable, more customer-friendly one. I doubt seriously this has changed with the renovation...
Old Apr 14, 2014, 11:31 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by aceflyer2
Have stayed at both the Gritti and Europa and Regina. Must say I was very (understatement) surprised that our room at E&R was nicer, although this was pre-renovation. The major thing I think the E&R has over the Gritti is that the Gritti has a 'snobbish' atmosphere, while E&R has a comfortable, more customer-friendly one. I doubt seriously this has changed with the renovation...
Every person's experience is individual. When I was at the E&R, I experienced very rude treatment at the front desk. The place was heaving with people. I was at the Gritti solo. Staff couldn't have been more attentive and gracious. I enjoyed the quieter vibe. And I had a far better room at the Gritti. But these are data sets of 1, and everyone will have their own experience.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 12:19 pm

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Originally Posted by aceflyer2
Can I use my SPG points at E&R?
Old Apr 14, 2014, 12:29 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by pkerr
Can I use my SPG points at E&R?
Yes.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 12:42 pm

You're right - people many times have different experiences or perceive them differently. We've stayed at some of the most luxurious resorts/hotels in the world; high quality service does not equate with snobbishness/aloofness.

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Every person's experience is individual. When I was at the E&R, I experienced very rude treatment at the front desk. The place was heaving with people. I was at the Gritti solo. Staff couldn't have been more attentive and gracious. I enjoyed the quieter vibe. And I had a far better room at the Gritti. But these are data sets of 1, and everyone will have their own experience.

Last edited by aceflyer2; Apr 14, 2014 at 1:24 pm
Old Apr 15, 2014, 7:07 am

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Originally Posted by RZR
The water taxi was 50 or 60 euro's in nov 2013. takes 12 minutes. Drop you right off exactly in front of the hotel. No need to lug luggage around. For me it was perfect.
Is that per person or total?
Old Apr 15, 2014, 11:19 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by pkerr
Is that per person or total?
The price is good for a group of up to 5 people (e.g. - €100 total for a group of 5). Beyond that is a €10 surcharge per person (e.g. - €130 total for a group of 8).

You can pay/reserve a water taxi in advance for €100 from http://motoscafivenezia.it/eng/ if you want to go that route. If you don't pre-pay, you can possibly haggle once you get there and possibly find a fare as low as the one mentioned above by RZR (although most reports appear to be in the €80 range at best). If you purchase the advance ticket, you'll have the option to get €10 knocked off your return fare to the airport (if purchased in the same transaction).

The Gritti website lists this option as €110 for up to 4 people, but that is a little expensive compared to what the taxi company website lists (unless that is the fare rate at the airport).
Old Apr 22, 2014, 2:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jibi
The price is good for a group of up to 5 people (e.g. - €100 total for a group of 5). Beyond that is a €10 surcharge per person (e.g. - €130 total for a group of 8).

You can pay/reserve a water taxi in advance for €100 from http://motoscafivenezia.it/eng/ if you want to go that route. If you don't pre-pay, you can possibly haggle once you get there and possibly find a fare as low as the one mentioned above by RZR (although most reports appear to be in the €80 range at best). If you purchase the advance ticket, you'll have the option to get €10 knocked off your return fare to the airport (if purchased in the same transaction).

The Gritti website lists this option as €110 for up to 4 people, but that is a little expensive compared to what the taxi company website lists (unless that is the fare rate at the airport).
Haggling with the water taxis is very difficult- they are a consortium (how they are legally organized) and thus have officially fixed rates. While anything is possible- I would say the printed prices are almost always what you will get and 100% certain this is the case if you are to be issued a receipt or pay other than cash. The website lists all the prices etc- I would say this is what you will end up paying in 99.99% of cases.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 4:01 am

Programs: Delta DM 2MM, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Just returned from Venice and using the points and Suite night upgrade. We were given a Sestriere Suite which was very nice. The staff was very nice, the location is fantastic and we really enjoyed breakfast and afternoon drinks on the deck watching the activity on the canal. Platinum amenity selected provided complimentary breakfast.

In our opinion this was a great use of points/suite nights and would enjoy a return visit.
Old May 31, 2014, 2:11 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I'm here at the moment. Used an SNA and got upgraded to a Serenissima Suite (one category above usual) which is absolutely beautiful.

The concierges can come across a bit gruff sometimes, but them and all the other staff have been flawless so far. Some more thoughts later, but for now I'm loving life.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 4:52 am

Gritti Palace with kids

My first FT question! I booked a room for two adults at the Gritti but will have two small children in tow. The charge for a rollaway is a bit steep so I skipped it to save some money. The king sized bed will provide more than enough space for us. Does anyone think we will have any problems at the front desk when they see a family of four checking into a room for just two? Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 1, 2014, 7:47 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by JamesnJersey
My first FT question! I booked a room for two adults at the Gritti but will have two small children in tow. The charge for a rollaway is a bit steep so I skipped it to save some money. The king sized bed will provide more than enough space for us. Does anyone think we will have any problems at the front desk when they see a family of four checking into a room for just two? Thanks in advance!
The hotel staff are very careful about who goes into the rooms (guest security and Italian law) and so if you're going against the T&Cs then you can expect trouble.

We had the concierge almost literally jump on my friend's make-up artist when she turned up with a carry-on.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.