Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Gritti Palace, Venice, Italy (Post 2013 renovation) [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 24, 2018, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhrubin
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Concierge: [email protected] om

Directions on how to reach hotel from airport, train station, or elsewhere in Venice: https://www.marriott.com/hotelwebsites/us/v/vcegl/vcegl_pdfs/How_to_arrive_The_Gritti_Palace.pdf

Closest waterbus stop to hotel: Santa Maria del Giglio pier Directions

Expert Review (posted to Luxury Forum) from Oct 2016:

https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...e-upgrade-1632
Print Wikipost

Gritti Palace, Venice, Italy (Post 2013 renovation) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2023, 8:02 am
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by moos16
For those who have stayed here before: which restaurants at the Gritti have tables out on the terrace for meals? I'm having a difficult time determining where exactly the outdoor meal options are based on their dining page. Is the Gritti Terrace entirely separate from the Club del Doge, despite the fact that they seem to share the same website? Does the Riva Lounge serve semi-substantial food or just drinks?
I'm here now and it is a bit confusing.
  • The Club del Doge restaurant has a terrace outside. From 12:30-5:30pm they serve a casual terrace menu. At 7pm it switches and the terrace is just an extension of Club del Doge dinner.
  • The Bar Longhi also has a terrace outside. From 12pm-12am they serve a bar bites menu.
I took a picture of both menus for reference.

Softwizard and Kacee like this.
Old Apr 23, 2023, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by david22
I'm here now and it is a bit confusing.
  • The Club del Doge restaurant has a terrace outside. From 12:30-5:30pm they serve a casual terrace menu. At 7pm it switches and the terrace is just an extension of Club del Doge dinner.
  • The Bar Longhi also has a terrace outside. From 12pm-12am they serve a bar bites menu.
I took a picture of both menus for reference.

Thank you, much appreciated!
Softwizard and david22 like this.
Old Apr 23, 2023, 2:09 pm

That 38 Euro Club Sandwich better be good!
Old Apr 24, 2023, 3:56 pm

Anyone have pictures of the standard deluxe rooms. Hard to find any. And is it worth stay in just the standard?
Old Apr 24, 2023, 7:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Originally Posted by view
It is. Mostly bc of the view on the deck on the grand canal.
view likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2023, 3:28 am

Originally Posted by view
The F&B at Gritti is very marked up. When the lowest category no-view room is ~1600-1800 EUR / night, I guess 30 EUR for a spritz is just a rounding error.
Old Jun 1, 2023, 1:35 am

Reserved 2 nights here next spring for 192,000 Marriott points... is this considered a solid redemption these days? Rooms are supposedly going for 1470 euro a night so the cpp looks good, but it's still burning a ton of points just for a couple nights stay
Old Jun 1, 2023, 2:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Cowtikk
Reserved 2 nights here next spring for 192,000 Marriott points... is this considered a solid redemption these days? Rooms are supposedly going for 1470 euro a night so the cpp looks good, but it's still burning a ton of points just for a couple nights stay
A "solid redemption" is in the eye of the beholder. But it's well over 1.5 cpp which is objectively a very good value.

Keep checking for a price drop and rebook when it does.
Old Jun 1, 2023, 4:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Agree w the above. And. I’d pay that for this hotel again in a heartbeat. I love love love this hotel.
Old Jun 1, 2023, 7:15 pm

It's definitely a memorable stay. Being right on the Grand Canal and being close but not directly in the most crowded area is nice.

We were in the Landmark Grand Canal View room #111, which had a little standing balcony right on the canal. I really appreciated that feature!

Old Jul 19, 2023, 10:12 pm

Is breakfast here only free to Platinum status and above or is it free to all who book? I have some points to book this hotel and am Gold but wondering if its worth the push up to Plat.
Old Jul 19, 2023, 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by BustinJeebs
Is breakfast here only free to Platinum status and above or is it free to all who book? I have some points to book this hotel and am Gold but wondering if its worth the push up to Plat.
Only free for Plat and above
Old Aug 30, 2023, 12:57 am

Just returned. Clientele is mostly rich, aloof and dressed to the nines. I don’t think another guest made eye contact or smiled the entire stay.

Breakfast, free for Platinum, was the best thing about hotel. Eating on grand canal was unforgettable. 53e pp, fwiw. Buffet was excellent, eggs forgettable.

Room, which would have cost $1400 but redeemed points, was ornate, small, and had no view. Bathroom was luxurious with head to toe marble and Acqua di Parma toiletries.

Staff was polite and formal. Location is fantastic.

I had always wanted to stay here, and glad I did. Once.
Old Yesterday, 12:59 pm

Landmark, Larger Guest room, 1 King, Grand Canal view questions

Hi -
Any experience with this room type?
Curious about:
  • locations in building
  • number of windows (just 1 in prior review)
  • balcony (or not)
  • Noise from bar/restaurant below
Also one photo on Marriott.com shows a bathtub at the foot of the bed in the main room, hoping to avoid that set up.
Thank you!

Last edited by sfcaFLYER; Yesterday at 1:36 pm
Old Yesterday, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by sfcaFLYER
Hi -
Any experience with this room type? Curious about location in building, number of windows, balcony (or not), etc. Also one photo on Marriott.com shows a bathtub at the foot of the bed in the main room, hoping to avoid that set up.
Thank you!
I stayed in that category room about a year ago (you can scroll up and see in this thread a picture). A few things I learned:
  • There are 9 Landmark Grand Canal View rooms in the hotel.
  • They are all different. Some have bathtubs, others don't, etc. The decor is different between them too.
  • Room #111 (which I stayed in) has a standing balcony. The bathtub is in the bathroom, not in the bedroom. I could post pictures if you're interested. The third picture on Marriott.com under the Landmark room page shows room #111.
  • Room #211 is above room #111 and also has a standing balcony and that is the second picture on Marriott.com you mention under the Landmark room... the one with the bathtub in the bedroom that you said you don't want.
  • The room size is listed as 29sqm/312sqft - 41sqm/441sqft. I asked about the larger one, but they said there is only one room in that range. The other 8 are all roughly around the low end (30sqm).
  • Since this was over a year ago, I believe they said only 2 of the rooms have standing balconies (but maybe it was 3?). The rest just have windows w/ view.
  • Given how desirable the Grand Canal View is, these rooms book out far in advance during busy periods.
sfcaFLYER likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.