Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Quebec City, Quebec, Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Quebec City, Quebec, Canada

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2022, 10:57 pm

We stayed 2 nights this past week. The hotel was quite busy, and was sold out the first night. Our SNA did not clear, which was not a surprise since no higher level rooms above base level were available at the 5 day mark. The rooms were fine, although the hotel was out of shampoo while we were there. Very strange.

We had no issues with the breakfast service as English speakers. The platinum+ breakfast included any main course and beverage on the menu, including the $9 smoothie my son ordered! Everything was tasty and it was a solid meal to start the day. One breakfast card was given for each morning.

Location was good for visiting Old Quebec, as it's just a ~5 minute walk to the city gates. The Marriott is a closer option, still outside the gates, but at 40K points for the Delta vs. 60K for the Marriott, we were happy to save the 20K points per night. The Hotel PUR was a further reduction at 30K points, and I was tempted by my SNA's clearing, but in the end it was outside the distance I would prefer to be from the city gates for a short visit.

Lounge is still closed, and there was no knowledge of it opening in the future.
Old Feb 1, 2023, 6:50 pm

Recently visited the Hotel Pur, Tribute Portfolio as a Titanium.

Room
The Parlor suite is double the size of a normal room. It seems they took 2 standard rooms and converted one part to the living room. In fact, you get 2 access cards to 2 room numbers and the halves are connected by the connecting room door. There's 2 full bathrooms. One has a shower only and the other has a shower/tub combo. The room was nice enough and is much more modern than the Delta. Our room was on the top floor and had an impressive unobstructed view over the neighboring Saint-Roch Church as well as the port/Vieux-Quebec in the distance.

My opinion for rooms: Marriott > Hotel Pur > Delta

Elite Recognition
We were upgraded to the 2nd highest suite. We also received a welcome amenity of some delightful macarons and canned water. Complimentary à la carte breakfast was provided at Table, the hotel restaurant. We were not given an explanation of what was included but we were not charged for 2 mains and 2 coffees. Even if not included, restaurant prices are very reasonable and the food is good enough. Hotel Pur probably has the best elite recognition of the Quebec City Marriott properties.

Hotel Pur is a great value but the tradeoff is location. The Marriott is located right at Place D'Youville where Vieux-Quebec starts. The Delta is less than a 10 minute walk through flat streets. Meanwhile, the Hotel Pur is a 15-20 minute walk and you will need to go uphill via stairs. It may be a better idea to take a short ride on the bus to Place D'Youville or to take a taxi/Uber there or to near Place Royale. The proximity to Vieux-Quebec is less important if you'll be visiting the other great sites in Quebec City such as the ice hotel, Montmorency Falls, Île d'Orléans, etc.

Parking
There is a charge of $24+tax per night for parking. The parking garage is well-maintained but tight. I would say a vehicle height of 70" is pushing it. There are 4 EV charging spots. There is direct access to the parking lot from the same hotel elevators. The Delta has a bigger lot, but also has low clearance. The Marriott uses the neighboring municipal lot at Place D'Youville. There are more spots but space between cars can be extremely tight.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 7:36 am

Programs: Starwood, AA
we stayed at PUR late December between Xmas and NYE. As a Platinum, we didn't get suite described above but we had a nice room on high floor with a nice view. Breakfast is good - the Plat (and above) benefit includes either a free buffet or ordering any one main dish + drink (coffee, etc) from ala carte menu. We were a family of 4 with two kids. Kids 4 and under are free for the buffet, and kids 4-12 are 50% off buffet. We also had dinner once at the restaurant and it was excellent food, great service and reasonably priced.
They have a pool table in the lobby and it's free to play - first come first serve. My 8yo loved it and we spent quiet a bit of time there. They also have self-serve wine machine (for pay) - you fill a card with $ at the front desk, then use it to dispense wine anytime. next to the pool table, it's very convenient.
Parking - we had a car and some evenings we were able to find parking on the street. had to pay the meter by 9am or move, but that was ok.
Overall, it's a great value, especially on points. 5 nights during peak season it was 105K points. Both Delta and Marriott were much more. Since we were going to have a car anyway, location wasn't as critical for us, but if coming with out a car, it's certainly a consideration.
Overall, on balance of things, this is our regular place to stay in Quebec City (we come once a year to visit family).
Old Jul 17, 2023, 8:19 pm

Programs: UA 50K, refugee from AC E50K, Marriott Lifetime Plat
I'm at the Delta Quebec City right now. I was last here pre-Covid so it's been a while. The room is exactly as I remember it - truly nothing special.

The lounge is closed for renovations and the lady at front desk had no idea when it would re-open. Breakfast in the main restaurant is a buffet with the usual choices. Again - nothing special but it works.

The Delta is currently being renovated; we'll see what changes that brings. But from the pics that I can see, it's just a slight refresh and not the full-on renovation that might be a better long-term solution for this property.

Last time I was in YQB (May 2023) I stayed at the Marriott just down the street. No lounge there but my stay was greatly enhanced by the personal care extended to me by the incredible James at front desk. I also got an upgrade to a slightly larger room on the 3rd floor which was nice since I ended up staying a lot in the room, tied to my laptop.

On the whole, I think I slightly prefer the Marriott vs the Delta. Hotel PUR is an interesting choice too and if you get the Presidential Suite it makes your stay that bit nicer. But if you've got business near the old city or if you're just visiting, I think the Marriott is likely the best bet.
Old Aug 28, 2023, 11:22 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, JetBlue Mosaic, AA Platinum, National Executive Elite
I just spent two nights at the PUR hotel and am shocked FT'ers are recommending this hotel. It has window hvac units (how is central hvac not a brand standard for Tribute hotels?) and possibly the lowest water pressure/worst shower heads I've ever experienced. The ONLY redeeming feature of this hotel, imo, is that it's near some great restaurants and is a bit removed from the tourist traps. This place has the feel of a Holiday Inn hotel which got some quick renovations.

The Good

Location - As others have mentioned, it's a 15 minute walk--uphill--to get to the walled city. That's the bad news. The good news is that you could taxi/uber up there and walk back. The benefit of being outside the 'tourist zone' is there are some great restaurants, bars and parks within a few blocks of the hotel. Honestly, we thought the location was the only really good thing about this hotel.

Breakfast - I'm being a bit generous calling the Plat/Titanium breakfast 'good' but it's certainly better than what many Marriott hotels currently offer. They had a buffet, but we found it was much better to order off the menu, instead.

The Bad

Front desk staff - They were always nice, but clearly had little training. After asking one person if they had an ATM in the hotel (they don't) I asked where a nearby one is...and was told to ask someone else. When I came back with money and wanted smaller bills, I purposely went to the other front desk person. This person said she couldn't break them and we'd have to wait because only the other employee (the one who knew nothing about ATM locations) had the key to their "change lockbox". It took 10 minutes of waiting until he was done with a single check-in for this. Also, as Titanium, I was initially blocked into a connecting room (no suite upgrade). I had to request a non-connecting and only later discovered I was given a room right next to the elevators.

Housekeeping staff - I never had conditioner during my entire stay. They didn't refill it (yes, they use the refillable bottles) for the first day and still didn't on the second.

Parking - As others have said, it's tight. Not just in height but also between cars. Anything bigger than a standard SUV may not fit. It's also a bit challenging to navigate their garage because it's one-way between the two levels. I received a welcome email the day before I arrived alerting me that "Our Indigo underground parking, with limited number of spaces, cannot be guaranteed, nor reserved for our guests. The latter, when available, costs $24+tx/night with in-and-out unlimited access during your stay until 3PM on the day of departure. However, depending on occupancy, it is possible that it may be full when you arrive. Please note that the maximum height of the parking is 5’11 (180cm)"

The Awful

HVAC - We've all stayed at hotels with window hvac units and I'm sure opinions vary. I simply wasn't expecting it at a Tribute Hotel and I would've picked another hotel if I knew it had this (they cleverly hide the hvac unit behind a wooden box in the pictures). We basically had to run the a/c nonstop because without it, the outside humid air (we stayed in Aug.) seeped in. Because the bed is weirdly positioned to face the window, the air continuously blows on you and there's no way to redirect it.

Shower - This hotel is tied for the worst shower pressure I've ever experienced in all my travels. It's only slightly better than 'light rain'. What makes it even more frustrating is that the sink water pressure is great...so they're using excessive low-flow limitations on the shower head. The shower head also doesn't have multiple settings, like many of the low-flow ones.
reggiekush likes this.

Last edited by moulder3; Aug 28, 2023 at 11:34 am
Old Sep 29, 2023, 6:34 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold, United Silver, BA Bronze
Originally Posted by moulder3

The Awful

HVAC - We've all stayed at hotels with window hvac units and I'm sure opinions vary. I simply wasn't expecting it at a Tribute Hotel and I would've picked another hotel if I knew it had this (they cleverly hide the hvac unit behind a wooden box in the pictures). We basically had to run the a/c nonstop because without it, the outside humid air (we stayed in Aug.) seeped in. Because the bed is weirdly positioned to face the window, the air continuously blows on you and there's no way to redirect it.

Shower - This hotel is tied for the worst shower pressure I've ever experienced in all my travels. It's only slightly better than 'light rain'. What makes it even more frustrating is that the sink water pressure is great...so they're using excessive low-flow limitations on the shower head. The shower head also doesn't have multiple settings, like many of the low-flow ones.
This, unfortunately, is 100% accurate. There were so many good things to say about the Hotel Pur but the HVAC situation really marred my stay last week. The weather was cold enough to not need it, but the design of the rooms meant that there are no the windows to get fresh air in - and the room I was assigned on the top floor became very warm and stuffy in a couple of hours without the AC switched on. Once the AC was turned on it was one of the noisiest units I've ever experienced, so much so that I could hear my neighbor's unit turning on and off. I didn't have a single good night of sleep as a result.

The location, while decent for walking, is obviously worse than the Delta and Marriott options. In fact, you can see the Delta hotel literally at the top of the hill looking out from the hotel.

The breakfast for me was the only saving grace. You can take the buffet or order off the menu with as many extras as you like at no included charge. This is very generous and my wife and I loved the two poutine options available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.