Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Quebec City, Quebec, Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Quebec City, Quebec, Canada

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2013, 7:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
can anyone confirm EL is now open and provide any comments on offerings.........

Originally Posted by legionnaire
Concierge lounge hours are projected to be:
Mon-thu 0630-2200
Fri 0630-Noon.
Sat - closed.
Sun - 1700-2200

Wifi in the lounge. Wifi in the property lobby etc. wifi in the rooms. But teething troubles as they finish up the construction.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 3:34 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Flying Blue Gold, BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I second BKKLEE's request! Debating whether to stay here or at the Hilton. Would greatly appreciate if anyone has stayed here recently and could provide comments on the EL =)
Old Sep 9, 2013, 5:53 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, HH Diamond, MR/RC Plat, KLM Plat, AS MVPG75K, UA Gold
I stayed at this hotel the last weekend in July. This hotel CLEARLY feels like a Courtyard (read: non-full service hotel). The rooms are TINY and the air conditioning system in the hotel is one of those sensored ones that shut off in the middle of the night. I woke up in a sweat at 3am and called the front desk-while she was apologetic she stated she gets these calls all the time and that I simply need to wave my hands in front of the sensor to get it back on. UGH. The EL was closed while we were there (weekend) so we were given breakfast vouchers to use at the hotel restaurant for the buffet. The restaurant is small, crowded and really just feels cheap. The food wasn't replenished-bacon was soggy bleh. Anyways I would stay away-the Hilton is clearly the winner here.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 6:05 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Flying Blue Gold, BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Thanks for the quick response and for sharing your experience!

I figured it was a toss up since both hotels are in a similar location and I'm Marriott Plat vs. Hilton Gold, I am disappointed that the rebranding as a Marriott didn't up the quality of the hotel though. Good thing I made flexible reservations at both hotels =)
Old May 22, 2014, 7:02 am

Programs: AA GLD 1.xMM, MAR SLV, HH DMND, IHG PLT
Question Is Concerige Room worth extra $26/nt @ this hotel?

I am planning to stay here this summer with my family including kids. Stay is on Thur. and Fri. night so would need breakfast on Fri. and Sat. morning.

The Concierge Lounge reviews are pretty bad on flytertalk and on tripdvisor. Also CL is closed Saturday so do they provide breakfast certs for everyone for Saturday morning?

Is there a place down the street from the hotel to pick up croissants and call it breakfast?

It's only an extra $26 per night for the CL, is it worth it? Suggestions welcome. Thanks!

-Miles
Old May 22, 2014, 8:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by miles_navigator
I am planning to stay here this summer with my family including kids. Stay is on Thur. and Fri. night so would need breakfast on Fri. and Sat. morning.

The Concierge Lounge reviews are pretty bad on flytertalk and on tripdvisor. Also CL is closed Saturday so do they provide breakfast certs for everyone for Saturday morning?

Is there a place down the street from the hotel to pick up croissants and call it breakfast?

It's only an extra $26 per night for the CL, is it worth it? Suggestions welcome. Thanks!

-Miles
Are you referring to the Marriott Quebec City Downtown?

The most recent mention of the CL on TA said "The 7th floor (concierge level) is worth the extra charge. The breakfasts (included) were excellent and again the staff were very friendly and obliging to your needs. The bar tender was the same, friendly and eager to assist.". Looks like it might have changed from the prior reviews?

Cheers.
Old May 25, 2014, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Are you referring to the Marriott Quebec City Downtown?

The most recent mention of the CL on TA said "The 7th floor (concierge level) is worth the extra charge. The breakfasts (included) were excellent and again the staff were very friendly and obliging to your needs. The bar tender was the same, friendly and eager to assist.". Looks like it might have changed from the prior reviews?

Cheers.
Yes, the Marriott in QC (that used to be the Courtyard). The one review that caught my attention was this one from Oct 2013 on TA. It is a bit dated but being a regular Marriott person, and have some expectations of how a club lounge operates got me post the question here.

There is no club floor here, no separate check in, and no dedicated concierge, the club (or concierge, as they call it) room here was just a regular, pretty small room, albeit on a top floor, with a view of an office building. The breakfast was of such a poor quality, with so many places to have breakfast around the hotel it was a shame to pay for it. The most interestingly, the lounge was closed after breakfast, because it was a weekend, so no fridge with drinks, no lunch, no evening o'dourves. Really? If you, the management, think that club level travelers don't come here on weekends, then may be you should stop charging concierge rates for the regular rooms with no additional perks on those days? The $10 vouchers to their restaurant offered to compensate for the missing lounge is a pretty poor substitute for the club level experience.

Last edited by miles_navigator; May 25, 2014 at 8:08 pm Reason: hit "Submit" too soon.
Old May 26, 2014, 7:53 am

Yes, the Marriott in QC (that used to be the Courtyard). The one review that caught my attention was this one from Oct 2013 on TA. It is a bit dated but being a regular Marriott person, and have some expectations of how a club lounge operates got me post the question here.

There is no club floor here, no separate check in, and no dedicated concierge, the club (or concierge, as they call it) room here was just a regular, pretty small room, albeit on a top floor, with a view of an office building. The breakfast was of such a poor quality, with so many places to have breakfast around the hotel it was a shame to pay for it. The most interestingly, the lounge was closed after breakfast, because it was a weekend, so no fridge with drinks, no lunch, no evening o'dourves. Really? If you, the management, think that club level travelers don't come here on weekends, then may be you should stop charging concierge rates for the regular rooms with no additional perks on those days? The $10 vouchers to their restaurant offered to compensate for the missing lounge is a pretty poor substitute for the club level experience.
I tend to go with more recent updates & the more recent one was more positive. If you do pay extra to stay there, please do an update in this thread. Most of what you quoted could probably be said of many properties that close their lounges on the weekend. If you're getting two $10 vouchers for the restaurant, that covers $20 of the $26 extra charge.

Cheers.
Old May 28, 2014, 10:35 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Platinum

-Miles
Stayed here before it was switched to a FS, but can tell you there are multiple breakfast options within 3 mins of the hotel.
Old Jul 5, 2014, 7:05 pm

A Marriott hotel in Quebec City!

We ended up at the Hilton down the street so no update on the Executive Lounge from my visit. Sorry.
Old Jul 12, 2014, 3:39 pm

Quebec City Marriott Downtown Experience?

Hi, any recommendations or advice for this hotel.

My wife and I really want to stay in a non franchise hotel while vacationing in Quebec City (will be our first visit) but have enough points for a free stay at the Quebec City Marriott Downtown, so considering that option.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Can anyone comment on the on the Marriott Quebec City Downtown and particularly the lounge offerings? Are the breakfast and evening appetizers mediocre, good or excellent?

TIA
Old Jul 7, 2015, 6:10 pm

Programs: AC*SE100K , HH DIAMOND, MARRIOTT PLATINUM
Breakfast is average with some hot items always powdered eggs.

Evening apps usually has a nice cheese spread with crackers, one cold item (usually bruchescetta) as well as 1 or 2 hot items.

Beer and wine are availible at a charge

Service is always friendly and apps usually rotate every evening Ive stayed.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Thanks. Just realized that the Marriott doesn't have a pool!

So now looking at the Delta Quebec City instead. Any experience there?
Old Jul 8, 2015, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by margarita girl

So now looking at the Delta Quebec City instead. Any experience there?
If you don't get an input & end up staying at the Delta QC, please do a trip report in a separate thread. We don't really have any Delta reports & it will make it easier to find w/ FT search if it's a property specific thread. Thx. (Delta properties have been added to the exec lounge sticky & are accurate as of this week).

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.