Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Quebec City, Quebec, Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Quebec City, Quebec, Canada

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2012, 6:53 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Had a nice stay recently in room 101 (executive suite). Did the romance package, which came with champagne and chocolate covered strawberries (which we got every night, not just once as expected). Very competant, knowedgeable staff (including a much better concierge than I would have expected for a CY). The suite has a great view of the city and a reasonably good hot tub. Downside is that the air conditioning is on some weird motion detector, so sometimes I had to get up during the night and waive my arms to get the air to come back on. The air in the parlor portion of the suite kept cutting off if we weren't in there, so it was often hot.

The hotel has a good location for exploring by foot both the old sections of the city as well as the newer area. One day we rented a car from Hertz (near the hotel - arranged by concierge) and drove over to explore Ile d'Orleans, buy several bottles of great apple cider.

Other than the A/C issue and my key card constantly having to be reset, I was pleased with this property and the staff.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 12:42 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AAdvantage, United MP, Marriott Rewards
Thumbs up Really nice hotel with pretty lobby, different from the other Courtyards

We stayed here in July. Here's a small review:

We really enjoyed our stay in this hotel. It has a good location. We were here as tourists and never needed our car to visit the highlights Quebec has to offer. We were in a party of 6, 3 rooms. Everybody had a room on the second floor. Each room was very different. We were staying in room 201 with a nice view of place D'youville. Both other rooms were smaller and one had a very obstructed view and remained pretty dark all day without lights illuminated. I can definitely recommend room 201 though.
As already mentioned in other reviews you have the option to park your car yourself, parking is just next to the hotel, or you can use their valet parking. Last option is better if you will be using your car a lot during the stay, in case you won't need your car you can park it yourself in the car park. (price currently 17.5CAD/day)
The concierge was really helpful and pointed us to some good restaurants of which we tried one and really enjoyed it. He also gave us directions to the Cirque Du Soleil show which was playing and another free spectacle near the yacht harbour which we unfortunately couldn't attend.
Breakfast in the morning was really good and correctly priced. Service was excellent as well.
As stated in the title. When you enter this hotel you don't have the impression you enter in a Courtyard. This lobby is beautiful and distinctive.
A place we would go back to.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 2:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks kcaluwae & tarheelnj for the updated trip reports!

Cheers.
Old Apr 5, 2013, 10:03 am

Programs: Marriott LT Gold, IHG Club, Hertz Gold, Aeroplan, Avios, SkyMiles, Thrifty, AMEX
I was checking out this hotel's page on the Marriott site, and saw this notice:

NEWS UPDATE! Starting summer 2013 your Courtyard by Marriott Quebec City will become the Quebec City Marriott Downtown.
Old Apr 7, 2013, 10:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Twickenham
I was checking out this hotel's page on the Marriott site, and saw this notice:
Wonder when in the summer. If someone stays after the rebranding, please do a trip report on the exec lounge weekend situation. Thx.

Cheers.
Old Apr 7, 2013, 2:06 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Platinum Lifetime, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Platinum,
There is an article (in French), which suggests that Marriott is buying the Leows hotel. It is not in the same location as the Courtyard. The transaction is not yet official, so no confirmation according to the article.

http://lesnews.ca/business/40931-que...angera-de-nom/

Yet the Courtyard page is worded such that it would seem that they are keeping the same location, simply changing the brand.....

Same owners in any case.
Old Apr 8, 2013, 1:36 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AAdvantage, United MP, Marriott Rewards
Yes, This is the current courtyard that will be upgraded to a FS Marriott.
http://www.marriott-quebec.com/?page=home

The Loews hotel could maybe become a Renaissance. (wild guess) A bit strange to create two FS Marriotts so close to each other.
Old Apr 8, 2013, 8:07 am

Programs: Marriott LT Gold, IHG Club, Hertz Gold, Aeroplan, Avios, SkyMiles, Thrifty, AMEX
Originally Posted by kcaluwae
The Loews hotel could maybe become a Renaissance. (wild guess) A bit strange to create two FS Marriotts so close to each other.
That's what I was thinking. I actually have been sort of wondering if Marriott would go after the Loews, ever since it was put on the market. But the rebranding of the CY seems odd in this context...
Old Jul 6, 2013, 3:00 pm

Programs: Does it matter any more?
Already a full service, effective July 4th

I have an upcoming stay next week. Called and they confirmed they are now a full service property. Will report back after my stay.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 6:52 pm

Property still finishing up. The concierge lounge is not ready until next week. As a gold they gave me breakfast coupons for all days of my stay. Me + 1 guest, to a continental breakfast excluding hot items.

I am guessing it will be another couple of weeks before the property is fully ready.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 7:23 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum & LFT Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Silver, Airmiles Onyx, Aeroplan, Avis President's Club
Maybe the Loews Le Concorde, will become a Renaissance or a JW. We'll see soon...
Old Jul 10, 2013, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by NBSPGMEMBER
Maybe the Loews Le Concorde, will become a Renaissance or a JW. We'll see soon...
According to this article in French, the buyers (the same owners as the old CY / new FS) have pulled out of the sale. It's a shame, because I think renovated it would have been a very good Ren.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 8:26 am

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum & LFT Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Silver, Airmiles Onyx, Aeroplan, Avis President's Club
That's unfortunate, I could see this property (Loews Le Concorde) as a Renaissance Hotel for some reason. Maybe a Sheraton or Westin will take over...
I would like that too!

Last edited by NBSPGMEMBER; Jul 11, 2013 at 12:52 pm
Old Jul 10, 2013, 9:35 am

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
either way - great to see Marriott expanding (sort of) in this great city!
Old Jul 10, 2013, 10:10 pm

Concierge lounge hours are projected to be:
Mon-thu 0630-2200
Fri 0630-Noon.
Sat - closed.
Sun - 1700-2200

Wifi in the lounge. Wifi in the property lobby etc. wifi in the rooms. But teething troubles as they finish up the construction.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.