Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Quebec City, Quebec, Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Quebec City, Quebec, Canada

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2016, 4:16 am
Suspended

Things to do in Quebec City

A lot of things, a good guide, check it out:

http://quebeccity101.com
Old Mar 28, 2016, 4:40 pm

You might like an apartment. i've used:

http://QuebecCityCondo.com
Old Mar 28, 2016, 6:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, United Silver
Recent Stay at QC Marriott

The wife and I recently had a four night stay. All of the employees were very cheerful and friendly. They couldn't have been more helpful or competent.

We got a king room with a nice view over the wall at the old city. It was smaller in size than what you'd expect in a regular American Marriott, but it did have a refrigerator, and was very clean.

The C-Lounge was "closed for the season," but they did offer us coupons for the hot breakfast buffet in their ground floor restaurant (good for 2 per day). Made-to-order breakfasts were available for an extra CAD$5 per person. They also gave us a CAD$10 coupon per day to be used at the bar, or in the restaurant.

The bar/restaurant was in the lobby area. The only separation from the main desk and walkway was by this transparent screen that hung from the ceiling and reminded me of the old bead curtains.

There is a municipal parking garage next to the hotel where we self-parked at a rate of CAD$18 per day. Valet parking was available for CAD$26 per day.

We usually don't spend much time in the hotel, so we didn't check out the bar or eat there other than breakfast. The wife used the coupon to bring dessert up to the room at the end of each day.

The rates were very reasonable at this time of year, and I considered them a bargain for what we got. I understand it can get pricy in season.

The location is great. Everything within easy walking distance if you don't mind the hills. Under the same circumstances, I would definitely go back.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 9:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the update. Did they mention time length of being closed for the season? Do you think it was due to Easter holiday?

Cheers.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 6:50 am

Programs: Marriott: Platinum Hilton: Diamond AC: 25K
In the last month I have stayed at both the Delta and Marriott to get the Mega bonus Cert cart 1-5.Had a great time at both places. The Marriott is the best if your are going to visit the city. If you are going for an event at the Videoton Center I would take the Delta the Concierge Lounge is always open and they have good choice of snacks and drinks during off times and the 5-7 is just filling enough to hit before you go to the event.

On a side note, A great plus was I spent 194$ total for the two off season nights to get a 264$ room in peak season in Los Angles
Old Mar 30, 2016, 7:08 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, United Silver
I got the sense that "the season" meant the winter, although that is an assumption on my part.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 7:53 am

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by boltor
I got the sense that "the season" meant the winter, although that is an assumption on my part.
Thanks. I'll note it in the exec lounge sticky w/ the next update. If I have time I might call the property to get more info re: "the season".

Cheers.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 9:03 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
Quebec City, QC - Delta or Marriott

Anyone stayed at both Delta and Marriott in Quebec City? I have a conference at Hilton Quebec and it's sandwich right between these two hotels. The prices are almost the same. My reviews have found the Marriott have more of a boutique feel to it with smaller rooms, while the Delta is shared with an office building.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 7:21 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Any opinions on this? We're looking for a two-night stay in September.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 9:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, IHG Spire, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz P.C., GE/NEXUS
Did 3 nights at the Delta in August 2015, standard double, clean room, friendly front desk, decent experience all around (booked on points). Good location, no trouble walking anywhere.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 8:48 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Platinum, Nexus/GE
I would also go for Delta. The Marriott used to be a Courtyard and it doesn't look like they renovated the rooms; still looks very Courtyard-ish.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 2:17 am
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
I've only stayed at the Delta. A good hotel with an ast walk to the political institutions and a wide choice of dining options on "restaurant row" behind the Parliament. Nice lounge, but food offerings are disappointing with the most restricted lounge breakfast of any Marriott lounge anywhere.

As others have remarked, the Marriott used to be a CY. It is right next to the city walls and opposite a clearing used for bands to perform during summer or special events. If that's your thing then the Marriott is ideally situated.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 8:23 am

We stayed at the Quebec Marriott for several nights in August on a rewards stay. My hubby is Plat with Marriott. No room upgrade as I think all rooms are the same. Breakfast buffet in the lobby restaurant was Plat. I think there may have been an upcharge for eggs cooked to order.

I considered the Delta but the Marriott location tempted me. We planned on spending the bulk of our trip in the old city. We were happy with our choice as a rewards stay but the hotel has its less than great elements. My feelings would be different if we paid out of pocket.

Pros
Wonderful location. It sits right on a square and at one of the gates to the old city, just a fantastic location. The neighborhood felt very safe at night.

There is a great café across the street that we visited every night on the way back to the hotel.

Energetic and young staff

Cons
Small rooms, really small

Very few rooms with a decent view

the smallest hotel elevator (one for the entire hotel) ever experienced, slow as well

No lounge - this was a disappointment as we use the lounge to escape from our room, like the extra elbow room when travelling with our son.

Small lobby

I would stay there again on a rewards stay but if I was paying out of pocket, I would make a different choice.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 8:38 am

I just completed a one night stay at the Delta Québec City. The stay was quite pleasant, due in large part to the friendly staff and the unsolicited suite upgrade I received, most likely due to my birth date being on file, more than my Platinum status. Although I no longer celebrate birthdays, I did appreciate the wine and cheese that was proactively delivered to my room. I felt it was a nice touch, something my late wife would have enjoyed.
The property, an early 70's Brutalist concrete design, felt much more like an apartment complex than it did a 4* hotel. It shared space with commercial offices, and occupied the 3rd to 12th floors, having been rebranded to Delta in 2003 from its previous incarnation as a Radisson. The friendly front desk associate told me it had originally been part of the small Québec based Hôtels Gouverneur chain. Public spaces were compartmentalized and underwhelming. Low ceilings and winding corridors contributed to a sense of confinement and disorder.
The room I was assigned, considered a junior suite, was actually quite large, with a separate bedroom and living area as well as a large bathroom with two entries and a small hall walk-in closet. The bedroom featured an electric fireplace, a large LCD television, a good sized desk, numerous outlets, an armoire, an arm chair with a table as well as a chaise lounge with another coffee table. The living room had a pull out sofa, an arm chair, a couple of coffee tables, another large LCD television and a couple of sideboards. Despite all the furnishings, the rooms were not cluttered, due in part, to the 45 degree walls that partly divided the two distinct spaces. The bathroom had a large vanity and a walk-in shower that used the space previously occupied by a bathtub. The view from my 8th floor windows was the same as in the 12th floor executive lounge, an unremarkable cityscape, not at all like the impressive vistas offered by the nearby Hilton.
The Delta's Signature Lounge was equally unimpressive, a relatively small space with an assortment of seating areas in addition to a long counter with bar stools set up along the picture windows. During the evening reception, a full range of wines, spirits and beer was available for additional charge, with non-alcoholic beverages available on a complimentary basis. A single chafing dish offered two types of warm mini quiches, and there was a small assortment of cheese, paté, cold cuts, salad and crackers. This was quite possibly the most meagre executive lounge offering I can recall in the past few years. I was happy to have had the wine and cheese platter. Breakfast was marginally better, with dry scrambled eggs, yogourt, cereals, oatmeal packets, cheese, sliced ham, turkey breads and pastries. Starbucks coffee was served from a large urn, whereas fresh ground coffee came from an automated Bunn machine. Happily, the quality of the croissants and pastries was excellent. For some reason, only raisin cinnamon bagels were offered in addition to the whole wheat and white bread slices. As has been my experience in the Canadian executive lounges I have visited of late, no bacon or sausages were offered.
I had bookended the Delta stay with two at the nearby Hilton. Although not assigned a suite, I did receive the same large room on both visits. The 22nd floor room featured spectacular views to the St. Lawrence River and old town, and had high ceilings with a much greater sense of space. The Executive Lounge, although not in the same league as those to which I have become accustomed in Asia and Europe, was superior to that of the Delta in almost every respect. Location wise, the Delta, Hilton and Marriott were pretty much interchangeable, being merely minutes walking distance from each other, the Plains of Abraham and the old town. I have no experience with the Marriott, formerly the Courtyard, but were I to choose between the Delta and the Hilton, the latter would be my first choice.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 7:30 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
The Delta is fine, but basic. It's a category lower for award redemptions than the Marriott so a somewhat better value.

The building is ugly. Brutalist architecture. Interior has been lightly refreshed, but it's lipstick on a pig. Hallways are dark and outdated. The interior needs to be gutted and totally redone.

The lobby isn't on street level, but on the 3rd floor. Guest rooms are fine, but don't look as good as the pictures on the website. The corner guest rooms (for example, rooms ending in 98) are bigger than the suites. Hotel has robes, but no slippers. The toiletry brand was unfamiliar to me. I'm guessing it was used by legacy Delta before Marriott bought the hotel chain, which used to be 100% Canadian-based.

The club lounge, called Club Signature, is open on weekends. Club lounge rooms are on the 11th and 12th floors and require keycard access in the elevator. If you're on the 11th, you can access the lounge through a fancy staircase that looks right out of the 1980s or maybe early 1990s. The club lounge is very, very small despite rooms on two floors having access to it.

Both the breakfast in the club lounge and the restaurant are equally disappointing. Cheap and low-quality food on the buffet. For example, instant oatmeal. It would be fine for a Courtyard, Four Points by Sheraton, or a Fairfield Inn, but not for a full-service hotel.

At night, the club lounge has one hot dish, some cold dishes (including a decent selection of cheese) and a full bar, including about a dozen spirits, three red wines and two white wines. Unfortunately, the drinks are not complimentary. For wine, prices were $9-12, which is expensive for no-name brands. I didn't see anyone have a drink in the three nights I was there. With a few changes -- 2-3 hot dishes, 1-2 complimentary wines and maybe a Quebec sparkling wine -- it would be one of the better evening offerings at a Marriott club lounge in North America.

Avoid dinner and drinks at the hotel. The lobby bar and restaurant has a pathetic dinner menu and no drink specials, not even a meager discount for elite status guests. There are much better options within walking distance.

Staff are fluently bilingual. No newspapers, except 2-3 copies in the club lounge. The gym and pool are nice, but the gym not 24/7. You also have to parade down to the lobby and take the escalator to the 2nd floor.

5-10 minutes walking distance from anywhere in old town.

In a week or two, I'll forget ever having stayed here.

Last edited by hockeyinsider; Oct 2, 2018 at 7:43 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.