Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Quebec City, Quebec, Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Quebec City, Quebec, Canada

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2004, 8:42 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
Originally Posted by golf4me
There is a Residence Inn coming to Halifax. Opening summer/fall 2004.
With AA also resuming service to Halifax, this is excellent news.
Old Apr 18, 2006, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Originally Posted by flyingstudent
On the topic of Marriot hotels in Canada ... if anyone from Marriott is reading this, I'd really really recommend opening a Courtyard or Fairfield Inn type propoerty in Kelowna BC.
Your wish is being granted. Either a Courtyard or RI is being constructed (along with a Hampton Inn twin) with construction expected to be completed end of the year.
Old Apr 18, 2006, 4:57 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Plat, VS Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by Murph
I don't know if Marriott Canada does things a little differently, but some of my best Marriot stays ever have been at Montreal and now Quebec, with another at Toronto close behind.
I agree, my best stay in recent memory was at the renaissance near YYZ.

I wish they would open a new renaissance-style property in montreal proper; I find the champlain overrated.
Old Jan 29, 2007, 6:43 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Anyone stay rececently at Courtyard in Quebec?

I'm a Platinum with Marriott and will be staying at the Courtyard next weekend for Winter Carnival. Anyone have any recent experiences here? I'm looking to see if it your run of the mill Courtyard of if there is anything special about it? Any upgrades for Platinums? Thanks ahead of time for your help...
Old Oct 1, 2008, 5:51 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
I am considering staying there, during Canadian Thanksgiving weekend.

How is it. compared to the Hilton, and other hotels? The room rate is at least $60 per night cheaper at the Hilton.

Of note, I am a Hilton Honors Gold and Marriott Rewards Gold - I just became Marriott Rewards Gold - so I do not know if I will get any benefits at this Marriott, and how they compare with the HHonors Gold benefits at the Hilton?
Old Oct 2, 2008, 7:43 am

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Platinum Lifetime, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Platinum,
My husband stays at both, but lately has preferred the Hilton over the Courtyard. As a platinum, he gets absolutely nothing from the Courtyard, and there is no lounge. Since the Hilton was refurbished earlier this year, the rooms and especially the exec lounge are really nice. It is really one of the nicest exec lounges I have been in, and the view over Quebec is gorgeous. (I am assuming you will be allowed in the lounge, but with the Hilton rule changes, who knows.)

You might trying calling the Hilton Quebec to see if they will match the rate. This Hilton has been very good at beating the Courtyard rate when they can, but my husband has to call and ask.

Two years ago I would have said Courtyard hands down, but in the past six months or maybe a year the personnel has changed and many people have adopted a very surly attitude. Too bad since it used to be one of best Courtyards Marriott had.
Old Oct 2, 2008, 11:40 am

Programs: HH Silver IHG Platinum
What Hilton rule change?
Old May 31, 2009, 12:51 am

Programs: 189 miles short of AS MVP, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Any up to date information on the Quebec Courtyard? How would it compare to the Fairmont?
Old May 31, 2009, 5:30 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Originally Posted by Duckouttahere
Any up to date information on the Quebec Courtyard? How would it compare to the Fairmont?
Apples and oranges, surely? Completely different class of hotel.
Old Jul 3, 2010, 4:18 pm

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
We are going in August

Any updates. We are using points to stay Friday and Saturday before a bike trip.
Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by hnewman
Any updates. We are using points to stay Friday and Saturday before a bike trip.
Thanks in advance.

Not the most recent update but had a stay using points there approx 1 year ago. Husband is and was Plat at the time. The property is an old bank building and we were upgraded to their executive suite which was pretty much the entire front level of the floor above the lobby(building is narrow) overlooking the entrance into the old town. It had a huge room still set up like a boardroom with long tables and sofas. Then the separate bedroom had a king bed and the bath had a separate garden tub and good sized shower. The location of the room afforded it an almost private entrance into the building and you could bypass the lobby. We weren't offered breakfast but were given unlimited access to the business center so that we could check the internet.

At times, the staff did act a bit odd but overall they were extremely helpful. The location is wonderful, close to many good restaurants and other parts of Old Town that you just want to wander around and "get lost" for awhile. During our three night stay, we never used our car and I feel we were able to cover all the highlights by foot. We would love to go back to Quebec City and would definately return to the Courtyard there. The most recent trip advisor reviews look good also!
Old Nov 4, 2010, 11:59 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Any more recent reviews of this property. I am headed there for Winter Carnival in February. I am Platinum Premier. Thanks.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 12:01 pm

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Originally Posted by dionnec123
Any more recent reviews of this property. I am headed there for Winter Carnival in February. I am Platinum Premier. Thanks.
We stayed there in August and I was PP also. Nothing special really happened, but they are very very nice. The room we got was OK and just what you would expect at a CY. Since we paid 0 $C it was a very good value.
Old May 31, 2012, 9:29 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by TvlPeach
Not the most recent update but had a stay using points there approx 1 year ago. Husband is and was Plat at the time. The property is an old bank building and we were upgraded to their executive suite which was pretty much the entire front level of the floor above the lobby(building is narrow) overlooking the entrance into the old town. It had a huge room still set up like a boardroom with long tables and sofas. Then the separate bedroom had a king bed and the bath had a separate garden tub and good sized shower. The location of the room afforded it an almost private entrance into the building and you could bypass the lobby. We weren't offered breakfast but were given unlimited access to the business center so that we could check the internet.

At times, the staff did act a bit odd but overall they were extremely helpful. The location is wonderful, close to many good restaurants and other parts of Old Town that you just want to wander around and "get lost" for awhile. During our three night stay, we never used our car and I feel we were able to cover all the highlights by foot. We would love to go back to Quebec City and would definately return to the Courtyard there. The most recent trip advisor reviews look good also!
Planning to stay here the first week in August (vacation) and wanted to see if anyone had any updated experiences. The exec suite sounds amazing. There's also a junior suite for CAD 477/night. Worth it? Any thoughts, as well as proximity to important things for a "first timer" to see would be appreciated.
Old May 31, 2012, 1:56 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Have scheduled a four night family Labor Day long weekend vacation in Quebec City 2012.

As MR Platinum and HH Diamond, have choice of Courtyard or Hilton.

Courtyard does not provide free breakfast to Platinums, Hilton does provide free breakfast to Diamonds (at all its brands).

Which would you choose?

PS I chose the Hilton--no brainer, really.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.