Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Quebec City, Quebec, Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Quebec City, Quebec, Canada

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2019, 8:09 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 50K, Accor Diamond
Just stayed at Hotel Pur and really enjoyed my stay, especially for the price (110 CAD) I paid.

The rooms are small but standard for this type of hotel. I thought the layout was a smart and genuine way to reuse an older frame of that sort. There are plenty of hotels that are shaped like this one but not so many succeeded to be reimagined.

Employees were very nice and didn’t find the service especially slow. Service is usually slower in Quebec (on purpose) and American type of service is often considered as rushed. Very slow service still exists and is not acceptable but I didn’t encounter that.

I lived 24 years and studied in Quebec City. I left 10 years ago. The area the hotel is was renovated extensively in the last 20+ years but has somewhat struggled to find its “vibe”. But still, people live there. You’ll find cafes (Nektar, St-Henri, Pekoe, etc.), restaurants and bars (L’affaire est ketchup, Café du Clocher Penché, Sales Gosses, Noctem), an art school, groceries, etc. It’s also easy to reach the more touristic area by walk or bus (metrobus).

Old Quebec has a lot of charm but it’s mostly touristic. I lovelovelovelove Chateau Frontenac but I don’t feel there’s much interesting around it in terms of “real life”. Groceries and other proximity businesses have struggles to survive in the walled city for this reason. You should still consider it but try to explore other neighbourhoods for nightlife and restaurants.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 8:09 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
I stayed at the Delta in Quebec City back in the fall. Here's my review:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30269826-post7.html

I was very disappointed in the Delta. It needed a major renovation. The food was horrible.

Maybe the moderators can merge this thread with this thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...-marriott.html).

But regarding Quebec City, my visit in the fall was the first time I had been there in years. I was a little disappointed. I came across at least a dozen empty storefronts and buildings in the old town, which surprised me. I was also surprised by the lack of any luxury hotels beyond the iconic Fairmont. Don't get me wrong. Quebec City is very nice -- quite beautiful in the summer -- but I was really surprised because I thought the old town was better preserved. I was really surprised by the modern buildings that overshadow it.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 9:49 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
I came across at least a dozen empty storefronts and buildings in the old town, which surprised me. I was also surprised by the lack of any luxury hotels beyond the iconic Fairmont.
The Auberge Saint Antoine is in the same league than the Fairmont (some people say it is even more luxurious). They are part of the FHR and Virtuoso as well I believe. But beside those two, you are right, there is no other big luxury hotels.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 7:17 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Just stayed at the Delta. I disagree that it is in need of major renovations. I've seen worst such as Marriott Providence. It's not new but the rooms went thru a soft renovation several years back. WiFi is free for all guest and fast. Lounge is standard fare.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 6:49 am

Location: 42.1% in PDX , 49.9% in PVG & 8% in the air somewhere
Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite, UA 1K, AS MVP GLD 75K, DL Pt
Just finished a 2 night, was upgraded to the Presidential Suite, a nice two level spread with three bathrooms, living room, dining rooms and narrow spiral staircase. The lounge was a bit barebones but good service, the front desk concierge Arrienna was super giving us the lay of the city and island for sightseeing and made a couple great restaurant recommendations that were spectacular.

The minus was the front street was under construction, check-in was on the third floor, a bit of odd layout, and yes the color decoration as another mentioned seemed a bit dated, but all in good condition.
The positive was the staff and location/convenience!
Old Feb 2, 2020, 8:56 am

We just stayed (end of January) for 3 nights at the Delta Quebec. We came from the Fairmont and frankly had low expectations given these reports. We asked for a signature club upgrade and thanks to PP tip of asking for a room ending in 98 (corner) we did get the much larger room. We paid 50CAD for the upgrade. We are family of 4 so the convenience and breakfast made it worthwhile even if basic food. The signature club was really close to us (as opposed to the Fairmont's Gold lounge which had a temporary room setup requiring a very long walk and elevator) so it was incredibly easy to stop by for drinks or snacks. The club is open 24 hours- mostly staffed when there is food (breakfast, snacks). It was never crowded (we did not go during peak) and staff was adequate. The weekend staff was indifferent- the weekday staff was much more lively (yes, lively is a correct word to use in contrast to the stiff weekend guy). The breakfast was very standard but again given our arrangements, we were perfectly fine. The hot food was scrambled eggs (which were not that bad), I think they had oatmeal. Not a huge selection. We did ask for fruit loops for the kids and they brought those from the main restaurant. The lounge was closed one breakfast so we went to the main restaurant which was better but not that much more - we would prefer the convenience of having it on the same floor. Staff at the restaurant was surly. Front desk staff was great. We had a great variability in staff as you can tell though nothing was earth shattering poor or good so these are just observations- it didn't impact our stay at all. We had a chance to enjoy the outdoor heated pool which gets major thumbs up and was a highlight! You go through a semi-covered plastic area to transition to the outdoor pool The water was perfect (and I am a wimp in cold) - it was great swimming next to snow! The lounge had a decent selection of drinks - we did get tea, waters, milk throughout our stay. We bought our own beer and wine - the room had a fridge that was empty so we stored it there. The room we stayed at on the signature club level was renovated so it was good. Overall, I would say it was a great value and we would stay there again without hesitation. We knew it was next to the convention center and had already stayed at the Fairmont so we frequented different restaurants and areas when we drove back from tubing etc.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 8:48 am

Just spent a night at the Delta Quebec City. Hotel was decent enough. No upgrade, restaurant was closed as well as all the exercise facilities. Parking is much cheaper if you don't need in and out access as we paid $12 for a weekend night. Just be aware of a very strict parking height limit. If your vehicle is over about 6ft, it looks like you will scrape the ceiling on the way out. Location is very good and we preferred eating on rue Saint Jean behind the hotel over eating in the old city.

Occupancy was between 40-50% and the old city was quite busy if anyone is wondering. Overall, I would choose the Delta over the Marriott if driving as I prefer the garage over the one at Place d'Youville.
yyzflyer likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2020, 12:58 pm

Any recent feedback from the Marriott Quebec, specially the situation re. elite benefits?
Old Jun 16, 2022, 5:16 am

Has anyone stayed at Delta or PUR recently?
Old Jun 16, 2022, 7:48 am

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by guear
Has anyone stayed at Delta or PUR recently?
Stayed at the Delta this winter, I was not impressed. First the room cleaning was not finished, there was a soiled mask in the bathroom. Then the restaurant experience (for the free Platinum breakfast) was terrible. The restaurant was 25% filled but I had to wait 30 min anyway, they said because of covid but the real reason is labor shortage. Then the group which arrived right after me got their order before I was even able to place mine and finished before I got my order... At least it was completely free.
I wrote a comment to the hotel, they apology but did not offer anything... not a great stay for sure.
guear likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 2:39 pm
ed3

I stayed at the Delta last week. The lounge is currently closed and the restaurant is open for breakfast and dinner.
Hotel was clean and I was upgraded to the executive suite.
My experience in the restaurant was positive. Breakfast and bar service were both good.

I had colleagues stay at the PUR and while I don't have details, they spoke positively about their stays.
guear likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by ed3
I stayed at the Delta last week. The lounge is currently closed and the restaurant is open for breakfast and dinner.
Hotel was clean and I was upgraded to the executive suite.
My experience in the restaurant was positive. Breakfast and bar service were both good.

I had colleagues stay at the PUR and while I don't have details, they spoke positively about their stays.
For the Delta, did you mean Junior suite? I checked the website, that's the only suite they have. Since you got upgraded, I am guessing you have elite status. Did you get free breakfast? And was it a buffet?
Old Jun 18, 2022, 9:55 am
ed3

Originally Posted by guear
For the Delta, did you mean Junior suite? I checked the website, that's the only suite they have. Since you got upgraded, I am guessing you have elite status. Did you get free breakfast? And was it a buffet?
I’m Titanium / Lifetime Platinum and received breakfast vouchers. I don’t remember if there was a buffet, because we ordered off the menu.
As for the room, the front desk called it the Presidential Suite, but I thought that there was a plaque referring to it as the executive suite in the room. It was definitely not a junior suite.
It spanned two floors and had a staircase, three bathrooms and was the size of a small house.
margarita girl and guear like this.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 9:57 am
ed3

Double post
Old Jul 17, 2022, 8:51 am

Programs: AC e75K, *G, SPG/MR PPE
I’ve just wrapped up a three night stay at the Delta Quebec City. I understand it’s probably the busiest weekend of the year, but still. Breakfast service was a disaster - over 60 minutes for our order to be taken, then a wait of close to 30 minutes for the food… and the order was wrong. I had to flag down the bus person in order to get some coffee after about 30 minutes. Other tables seemed to be served faster - not sure if the fact we spoke English within the group of four was an issue, but we ordered in fluent French.

On the Friday, I skipped the hotel breakfast due to the lines. I can’t imagine how long it would have been.

No Platinum recognition, no loyalty thank you. I asked if I could switch my breakfast voucher to a boxed lunch due to the line ups, it was met with an eye roll. I understand the staffing challenges and have been travelling frequently, even to areas with sold out hotels, but this just feels like a lack of effort.

The Marriott is a block down the road, and a friend (who was at the Delta with us) had stayed there half a dozen times over the past year and said it was a significantly enhanced experience. I’ll likely take any future business there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.