Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Kapalua, Maui [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ritz-Carlton Kapalua, Maui [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2012, 10:52 am

Programs: Alaska LTG, HHonors-Gld, IHG-Dia, LT MR Ti
Anyone been here lately as a Plat? Have 5 nights in Dec. it's either here on points (200k), or Marriott Wailea (140k).

I heard there's a club room at Ritz? Do we get access as Plats?

Last edited by BarryL; Sep 20, 2012 at 11:00 am
Old Sep 20, 2012, 3:27 pm

Programs: MR PP, DL PM
Originally Posted by BarryL
Anyone been here lately as a Plat? Have 5 nights in Dec. it's either here on points (200k), or Marriott Wailea (140k).

If you go with Marriott Wailea, be sure to use your Marriott Visa to get their special book 4 nights and get 3 free!
Old Sep 20, 2012, 6:42 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

No RC Club Level upgrades or access for Plats.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 7:40 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K, Marriott Platinum, Frontier, Delta, Hertz Gold, National Emerald Club

I'm in the same boat.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 8:22 pm

Am staying here 11/19 to 11/25, then four seasons wailea two nights, the waikola marriott big island 11/27 to 12/4. Am marriott plat (just wanted to try four seasons and wailea area though). Maui ritz and four seasons are virtuoso stars/preferred partner bookings. This is also my honeymoon trip and will email manager that any special consideration is appreciated. Any other tips are appreciated!

Btw, is my first time to hawaii.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 7:22 am

Wonderful hotel but no PLAT benefits

Ok- so we went last fall. They did give us a nice room - but not club access, etc. You get bonus points but that's about it. I'm Platinum Premier and they couldn't care less. That being said - service was fabulous and everyone (yep everyone) was great.

Kapalua is great area. Pineapple Grill just down the road is amazing for dinner. Go to breakfast (awesome eggs benedict and french toast) at the Plantation House at the golf course. Its busy at lunch and dinner but quiet at breakfast and views are stunning.

Depending on length of visit, you may want to split time between Kapalua area and Wailea area. Its too far to drive daily to get to the great restaurants, etc and its a different experience on that part of the island. On that side, don't really like the Marriott (although reviews have been very good). We like to stay at the Grand Wailea (Waldorf Astoria Collection/Hilton). Gorgeous and best spa EVER.

Enjoy! Aloha!
Old Sep 22, 2012, 8:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the updated trip report!

Cheers.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 6:26 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Ritz Carlton Kapalua

I'm not one to throw around terms like bankruptcy, receivership, will be on the auction block...especially since I can't find any current news on the internet...but what do you think the future holds for this property? It's been on my list (not bucket, but a list) of places I want to stay in Hawaii, and especially for free on Marriott points.

So what would happen if I made a reservation a year in advance using Marriott points, and it's sold...would my points reservation be honored by the new owners?

I also realize that most of the bad news is about the residential suites/condos...but it affects the entire property, hotel included.

Current reviews on other websites are so mixed...from fabulous place, best trip ever... to worst place, no one cares, what a dump.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 9:25 pm

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Stayed on the club level for 10 nights back in 2011. Amazing experience. The service in the club was impeccable and the staff really made the trip special for us.

I havent seen any news about an auction since mid last year?
Old Feb 6, 2013, 1:37 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
You're right, no really current news, just reviews. It just seems the reviews swing so far off from each other.

My bigger concern is what would happen if Marriot ceased to be involved - would the R-C still honor a points reservation?
Old May 21, 2013, 8:54 am
iwc

Based on the hotel page on the RC web site it appears the Banyan Tree Restaurant is no more.

It was a dining experience we truly enjoyed. We will miss it.
Old May 21, 2013, 9:38 am

You never know with new ownership, but I would be surprised if the property didn't continue as a Ritz Carlton by Marriott for the foreseeable future. There are no other Ritz properties in Hawaii, and Marriott still needs a signature resort to compete with the Grand Wailea, multiple Four Seasons, St. Regis, Fairmont, and a slew of other top tier signature hotels in the area.
Old May 22, 2013, 12:11 pm

Programs: AS MVPG MR Platinum Prem
Originally Posted by iwc
Based on the hotel page on the RC web site it appears the Banyan Tree Restaurant is no more.

It was a dining experience we truly enjoyed. We will miss it.
Was there a few years ago, which one was the Banyan Tree? I don't remember how the names match up with the locations. If it's the small place down on the beach, that's too bad it was a really nice way to end the day, though it was only open for dinner seasonally from what I remember.
Old May 23, 2013, 7:26 am
iwc

Originally Posted by hrdjeepzj
Was there a few years ago, which one was the Banyan Tree? I don't remember how the names match up with the locations. If it's the small place down on the beach, that's too bad it was a really nice way to end the day, though it was only open for dinner seasonally from what I remember.
Yup that's it.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 1:00 pm

Anyone know if award stay resort fees are waived?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.