Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Kapalua, Maui [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ritz-Carlton Kapalua, Maui [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2017, 5:18 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
What did the hotel say when you asked them?

Cheers.
have not asked yet but will when I call in to upgrade a night or two to club
Old Feb 11, 2017, 2:18 am

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
What did the hotel say when you asked them?

Cheers.
According to the hotel, only the suites have been recently renovated. No such luck for other rooms club or non-club. I do recall from a year and half ago everything was in pretty good shape overall though.
Old Feb 11, 2017, 9:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by msp3
According to the hotel, only the suites have been recently renovated. No such luck for other rooms club or non-club. I do recall from a year and half ago everything was in pretty good shape overall though.
Thanks for reporting back. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 10:30 am

Any clue if award inventory opens up near the dates? I need to book 3 nights in June & my dates aren't available. I do see lots of availability on other dates though
Old Feb 20, 2017, 9:48 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Amex Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by msp3
Just left the Ritz Club level two days ago #2812. The rooms, facility in general are tired. They are in BAD need of a renovation. Stayed at FS Maui and Andaz and rooms and facilities are much better. Ritz club in Kapalua is not worth the price. The service is not near as good, either.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by riversair
Just left the Ritz Club level two days ago #2812. The rooms, facility in general are tired. They are in BAD need of a renovation. Stayed at FS Maui and Andaz and rooms and facilities are much better. Ritz club in Kapalua is not worth the price. The service is not near as good, either.
Not good to hear. We have our first stay coming up in June in a standard room. As a frequent visitor to Andaz Maui they have set the bar pretty high.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 2:33 pm

Good deal?

I used my 3 free night certificates from my Chase RC VISA to book a deluxe room at the RC Kapalua in late April. Called the hotel about upgrading to an Ocean View Club Room. They said that I would do it for $400 per night or 40,000 points per night. I know it ultimately depends whether it's worth it to me to upgrade at this price, but I wanted to get others thoughts on whether this is worth doing.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 3:14 pm

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
Originally Posted by kciflyer
I used my 3 free night certificates from my Chase RC VISA to book a deluxe room at the RC Kapalua in late April. Called the hotel about upgrading to an Ocean View Club Room. They said that I would do it for $400 per night or 40,000 points per night. I know it ultimately depends whether it's worth it to me to upgrade at this price, but I wanted to get others thoughts on whether this is worth doing.
I didn't use the club when there, but there are a couple good restaurants- Meriman's and Pineapple Grill that you might want to try. That would dilute your value.

There is also an ABC store next door that has good breakfast and lunch options. I'll concede that walking to an ABC store and staying in at a Ritz club are not exact substitutions.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by kciflyer
Have stayed at both partial ocean view club room and deluxe room at this property, and the club upgrade is currently $300 but I've seen it at $200 before I guess it depends on seasonality. $400 is not that far out of the ballpark. Be aware during high season (like now because it's whale watching season on Maui) you may not get an upgrade or get to check out as late as possible because of availability.

Originally Posted by highops
I didn't use the club when there, but there are a couple good restaurants- Meriman's and Pineapple Grill that you might want to try. That would dilute your value.
Merriman's is amazing, and the view from the restaurant is breathtaking.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 1:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Ritz-Carlton Gold
My wife and I are looking at booking a week here with our two children, and we're trying to decide between suites. Any opinions on whether the ocean front is significantly better than the ocean view, or whether the residential suites are better for families?
Old Apr 13, 2017, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
What are the presentation hours in the club level for snacks and drinks?
Old May 10, 2017, 12:29 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Silver, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by thephirm
My wife and I are looking at booking a week here with our two children, and we're trying to decide between suites. Any opinions on whether the ocean front is significantly better than the ocean view, or whether the residential suites are better for families?
Just completed a 6 night stay here in an ocean view suite with my wife and 3 year old son. I can't comment on the other two options you mentioned as I haven't stayed in them, but I can tell you the ocean view suite suited our needs.

Our suite had a separate living room and bedroom separated by a sound resistant door. The door itself felt pretty solid, plus the door frame actually had a rubber gasket to help block out noise. Very helpful when the kids are asleep and you can watch TV in the living room. Also, there was a common balcony spanning the length of both rooms, which was nice, each with its own door out to the balcony.

Our suite also had a full kitchen. Only thing it didn't have was an oven. But it had an induction stove, microwave, dishwasher, mini-fridge, and a complete set of cookware, utensils, plates, cups, etc. We used the kitchen a few times to make breakfast and dinner to save money. The mini-fridge didn't have any extras inside like booze or snacks. It was completely empty, so we could store our own food and snacks inside.

Location wise, our room was convenient to the pool, though a bit of walk to the lobby/common area, as the suite wing of the hotel is closer to the beach side.

The hotel is surprisingly very kid friendly. There's a playground and a 1.5 foot deep wading pool for children. Kids 5 and under eat free with each paying adult. For an upscale, luxury hotel, we saw a good amount of families with young children there.
Old May 10, 2017, 5:25 pm

Resort Fees

anyone have any luck getting the resort fee waived?
Old Jun 5, 2017, 9:35 pm

Does the hotel charge the resort fees if you use the complimentary nights from the ritz cc?

Is street parking an option? Or something else nearby?

Has anyone participated in the complimentary photo session? Any details?

thanks.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by cruisingmickey
Does the hotel charge the resort fees if you use the complimentary nights from the ritz cc?

Is street parking an option? Or something else nearby?

Has anyone participated in the complimentary photo session? Any details?

thanks.
When I stayed here there was free self parking. I'll be here in July again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.