Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Kapalua, Maui [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ritz-Carlton Kapalua, Maui [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2009, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Perhaps they have enough business with paid and normal award stays and don't need to discount the stays. Maui is a somewhat popular location.
Old Sep 25, 2010, 4:05 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hertz 5* Gold
Ritz Kapalua on Points - Deposit Required?

All --

I'm trying to stay a few nights at the Ritz Kapalua on points as part of my honeymoon in June. When I went to book it they wanted to charge my credit card for two nights of the 3 night stay as a deposit that would be refunded upon checkout. Has anyone ever heard of this? $1000 was not what I had in mind when booking on points. Even though I would eventually get it back, floating Marriott / Ritz $1k to earn interest on for the next 9 months isn't really something I like...

Any thoughts here would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt
Old Sep 25, 2010, 4:07 pm

Were you doing this online or over the phone?
Old Sep 25, 2010, 4:45 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hertz 5* Gold
Phone with the elite line.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 11:21 am

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Marriott Plat staying at RC Kapalua for first time

This is going to be my first time staying at a Ritz property as a Marriott Platinum. I'm in a resort view club level room.

What can I expect in terms of upgrades / welcome amenities / other amenities? I understand that I can't be upgraded to a club level room, but since I'm already in the club level would they possibly give me a bigger room or a better view?
Old Feb 5, 2011, 11:31 am

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
No, at least that was my experience the past two weeks at the RC Tyson's Corner. I, too, booked and paid for a CL room but saw online that CL junior suites were available. At check-in I politely asked if the room upgrade would apply and was told no. In fact, at first the clerk tried to pull me out of my CL room thinking it had been mistakenly applied as an upgrade by someone else!

There were no welcome amenities or other recognition of status. That being said, CL at the RC is a wonderful experience...
Old Feb 5, 2011, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

but you can book through STARS/virtuoso/FHR and attach rewards #
Old Feb 6, 2011, 2:16 pm

I can't speak to the upgrade question, but I just walked into my house from a 7 night stay at this property. PHENOMENAL.

Let me know if you have any questions about the property or surrounding activities, dining, etc.
Old Feb 6, 2011, 2:54 pm

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
Originally Posted by timarland
I can't speak to the upgrade question, but I just walked into my house from a 7 night stay at this property. PHENOMENAL.

Let me know if you have any questions about the property or surrounding activities, dining, etc.
Aloha and welcome home. Glad you enjoyed it.

I have always wanted to stay there. Am Marriott Platinum, so one of these days I will splurge and pay for Club level there.

The service I hear is just outstanding there.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 3:03 pm

Am thinking of going next year with my wife. How is the pool? The one time I visited the property it was very windy down on the beach. Can anybody comment on the wind at the pool? I imagine they have wind defelctors but I don't recall for sure.
Old May 19, 2012, 8:14 pm

Programs: US -Plat, UA-Plat, AA-Plat, Marriott - Platinum,
Hawaii - Maui - The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua

Will be spending about 10 days in Hawaii this summer, with a week on Oahu and a two night jaunt to Maui. I've heard a lot of great things about the Wailea Beach Marriott Resort, but am also very intrigued about the Ritz Kapalua resort. I couldn't find anything recent and wondering if anyone has any recent experience / advice on hotel selection. Points are not an issue.

THANKS IN ADVANCE
Old Jun 27, 2012, 3:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by PA Pilot
Will be spending about 10 days in Hawaii this summer, with a week on Oahu and a two night jaunt to Maui. I've heard a lot of great things about the Wailea Beach Marriott Resort, but am also very intrigued about the Ritz Kapalua resort. I couldn't find anything recent and wondering if anyone has any recent experience / advice on hotel selection. Points are not an issue.

THANKS IN ADVANCE
You might want to check the Luxury hotels forum to see if there are any reports on the Ritz Kapalua resort, but I think there's a thread in this forum re: the topic. Perhaps do a search to see if it comes up.

Cheers.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Jun 29, 2012 at 9:33 am
Old Jun 27, 2012, 5:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont Premier, Amex Platinum
RC is on the windy side of Maui.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 9:09 am

I'm in the same boat as you. I have read alot of so-so reviews of the Ritz. Not the hotel itself but the location. It's too windy, too cold, bad beach etc. We are spending a week at Thanksgiving in Maui. Decided to do 5 days at the Wailea and 2 days at the Ritz but am still not 100% sure I'll keep the Ritz reservations.

My post and question is listed here

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...-november.html

at the bottom are a few reviews I linked to of the Ritz.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 11:50 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards: Gold; Hyatt: Diamond
I'll be there in September on my honeymoon staying 6nights at the ritz. Post details about your stay!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.