Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Houston, TX

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Houston, TX

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2011, 8:07 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Out of curiosity, I just did a search for the largest church in America. Not only is it the largest, it is almost twice as large as the second largest, which is also in Houston. (Based on average weekly attendance.)
Old Oct 2, 2011, 11:37 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
Thanks for all your answers. Unfortunately I'm still undecided which one to choose Decisions, decisions... Any idea which Marriott is particulary nice to Platinums regarding weekend breakfast or free parking? Thanks in advance for your help guys, it's a tough one for me as hotels tend to be rather expensive during my trip (Marriott West Loop 249+ tax, JW 289+ tax, Residence Inn Downtown 279+ tax and so on)

As to my question regarding in-room safes, I found out that the Houston North property doesn't have them despite the remodeled rooms (and it looks like they still have the old beds) and both the JW and the Energy Corridor Marriott both got them.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 12:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Originally Posted by Muerz
Thanks for all your answers. Unfortunately I'm still undecided which one to choose Decisions, decisions... Any idea which Marriott is particulary nice to Platinums regarding weekend breakfast or free parking? Thanks in advance for your help guys, it's a tough one for me as hotels tend to be rather expensive during my trip (Marriott West Loop 249+ tax, JW 289+ tax, Residence Inn Downtown 279+ tax and so on)

As to my question regarding in-room safes, I found out that the Houston North property doesn't have them despite the remodeled rooms (and it looks like they still have the old beds) and both the JW and the Energy Corridor Marriott both got them.
JW and West Loop are both near neighborhoods where you can stash your car. Not sure about the RI. No free parking at JW.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 4:06 pm

Marriott Westchase upgraded us to a Junior Suite both times we were there.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 9:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
recently spent 5 days at the JW, and if you are going for vaca, you either need to pick that or the west loop Marriott if you dont have a car. You can walk to everything in the Galleria area as temps are now finally dropping to an acceptable level below 100!!

Now when I go back to visit Houston (now live in the windy city) I always stay at the JW for convenience.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 12:52 pm

Best Houston Area EXTENDED STAY type Marriott

Hi friends,

I am about to try the Marriott Platinum Challenge, after having spent several months at Hilton and Starwood Properties in HOUSTON, TX.

I am looking for your suggestions for a great Marriott 'extended' stay type property in HOUSTON. I prefer if the property is newer/recently renovated, friendly towards Plats (as I will have temporary Plat status) and has larger rooms so that I can setup my workspace.

My work place is located in the GREENSPOINT area of town, but I am not too keen on staying here for 2-3 weeks. I could either stay in the NW Part of town (Willow Brook) or elsewhere in the City, within a 45 min drive or so.

I have read the Houston Marriott threads, however they do not specifically identify properties that are newer and/or have extended stay type facilities.

I am also exploring the ExecuStay option but that seems impractical given that you get one night rewards credit for every three nights stayed.

Please let me know your thoughts...thanks.

wonderfultravels
Old Oct 4, 2011, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
We stayed at RI West University Place back in 2009 and it was a very nice property. It was very well maintained and clean (I mean spotless). We stayed at a one bedroom suite. There is a CY next to it. The neighbourhood is fairly ok - there are quite some scary neighbourhoods in Houston. We picked the RI because of the good reviews at TA.

The down side of RI is that you only get 5 pts per $ vs SHS.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 8:27 pm

Smile Marriott Houston North

It isn't an extended stay hotel but I just spent 3 weeks at the Marriott Houston North in the Greenspoint area Excellent hotel with big rooms that had a sofa, refrigerator and a microwave. The staff was very friendly. The hotel was just renovated and is the nicest hotel in the area. Good luck.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 8:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K-MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Avis something or other
I stayed at the RI-Sugar Land a few months ago. It was adequate. That's the best I can say.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 2:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
As a follow up: I booked the Marriott Houston North. I understand the area is not great but I got a rate of 70$ including breakfast buffet (not necessary as a Plat but a nice extra). My entire stay is gonna be cheaper than two nights at the JW or 4 nights at a Courtyard in the Galleria district with the added benefit of Lounge access and full breakfast.

Any recent input concerning this hotel?

I'm not 100% comfortable with the area but I'm only there to sleep so I don't worry too much. Renovation seems complete and many reviews on the net claim they have security in the parking lot so it seems to be not the worst bet in town. Also, I read that the area is safer than it used to be.

Thanks for your help guys!
Old Jan 2, 2012, 8:33 pm

Programs: AA EP; Bonvoy Platinum: Hilton Gold
Thumbs up Hotel ICON in Downtown Houston

If you are going to be downtown Houston I recommend Hotel ICON. Part of the Autograph Collection, this unique hotel is in a former bank. While at the check-in counter the first thing you see is the huge vault. From the great rooms to the wine bar, we were pleasantly surprised about this property.

When I was deciding which hotel to go with I did a search here to look for reviews of Hotel ICON, I did not find anything. I just wanted to add a ^ and my recommendation if you are heading to downtown Houston.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 11:28 am

Programs: DL PM UA PSilver Marriott Lifetime Plat, AMEX Platinum, Avis PC, UA MPPPlus
Originally Posted by Muerz
As a follow up: I booked the Marriott Houston North.
Any recent input concerning this hotel?
Renovation seems complete and many reviews on the net claim they have security in the parking lot...
It looked like they had added some fencing around the parking lot that would keep folks on foot from entering anywhere other than the main entrance, but I only got a quick glance as I drove past in December.

I don't remember seeing it before, although I have been staying at other Houston locations over the last two years, so it may not be that recent.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 11:50 am

Programs: LTP, PP
FWIW, I recently stayed one night at a new CY built on top of a open air shopping mall in a suburb of Houston called Pearland.

I normally hate Courtyards but was impressed and it beat a couple of crappy area FS's I've stayed at in the past...

Last edited by joshua362; Jan 3, 2012 at 7:54 pm
Old Jan 3, 2012, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by nickfromct
The Galleria area is probably best for you given what you want to do. The Energy Corridor is way out on the west side of town and downtown is more for business folks than tourists. THE JW is one of the best hotels in Houston. If you can afford to stay there, then do that. Its right across the street from the Galleria and a few blocks to I-610 which will be convenient to traveling around the city. If the JW is too expensive, there is a Courtyard on Sage which is a few blocks away from the JW but still walking distance to the Galleria. The Courtyard is nice, I stay there most of the time I'm in Houston, but nothing remarkable about it.

I agree near the galleria. Lots of shopping centers, not just the galleria and also many restuarants all within walking distance.

Galveston will be a drive (but I am sure you already knew that); since you will have the rental car you should be in good shape their.

If you want a beautiful area and some great food I would suggest Keemah. It's a short drive as well, but beautiful. If you have children, they have things to do their for children as well. Great Food, Beautiful place to enjoy watching the boats on the water and some neat little shops.

Edit:
Looks like the question was from October, 2011. So, the vacation has probably already occurred. I am going to leave my posts "as is" since the info. from this thread might be good info. for others looking in the Houston Area.

Last edited by shoreline; Jan 3, 2012 at 6:40 pm
Old Apr 3, 2012, 7:46 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
Understand that this is bit old.

I have two choices considering my location for work.

FS Westchase

vs.

FS West Loop

Your thoughts? Both are under my corporate limit. (JW is not)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.