Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Houston, TX

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Houston, TX

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2012, 8:05 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by iztok
Understand that this is bit old.

I have two choices considering my location for work.

FS Westchase

vs.

FS West Loop

Your thoughts? Both are under my corporate limit. (JW is not)
West Loop. Restaurants/Shopping is the tops in the city. And its actually walkable to all.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 1:19 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

West Loop is much older property (that has been remodeled several times).
Old Apr 4, 2012, 4:37 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Anyone know what is going on in Houston 5/2-5/4 that the rates are out of this world on marriott properties?
Old Apr 5, 2012, 1:16 pm

West Loop is right near the Galleria with all the shopping and Westchase is pretty far away from downtown. I personally stay at West Loop.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 10:54 pm

Marriott Woodlands Waterway just North of Houston is my recommendation. Might be a concert/show next door, walking distance to the Woodlands mall and shops and dining.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 10:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP, MR Plat Prem, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by apodo77
Anyone know what is going on in Houston 5/2-5/4 that the rates are out of this world on marriott properties?
Offshore Technology Conference http://www.otcnet.org/2012/index.php - biggest conference in Houston year in, year out. Good luck finding a room anywhere inside the Beltway (i.e., within 10 miles of downtown) that week.

Rental cars and flights will also be hideously expensive.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 10:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP, MR Plat Prem, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jeffadmi
Marriott Woodlands Waterway just North of Houston is my recommendation. Might be a concert/show next door, walking distance to the Woodlands mall and shops and dining.
Staying at the SpringHill about 3 or 4 miles up I-45 right now - new property, nice staff, less than half the price. Drop in quality to be sure but if you want to keep your $$$ for fun stuff ...

Also a couple of RIs (recommend Market St over Lake Front Circle) and a CY (would not recommend) within walking distance of the Mall, maybe a bit far to walk to concerts though.

Guessing you will have a car, no other way of getting up here unless you're cabbing it.
Old Jun 16, 2012, 12:21 pm

JW or Icon in Houston

We are going to a wedding in Houston. We have a category 5 certificate. We are gold. The wedding is downtown. The wedding party is at Four Seasons. Would you stay at the JW Marriott or The Hotel Icon in downtown Houston. They are both available.
Old Jun 16, 2012, 1:37 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
The JW is in a much better location with the Galleria within walking distance and a very central location if you want to head anywhere. Just about every restaurant known to mankind would be close by as well.

Not much happens in downtown in the evenings and on the weekends. Getting to downtown from the JW is not a hassle at all and if it is on a Saturday/Sunday traffic is not an issue.

If it was me I would do the JW hands down. Lived in Houston for 25+ years and all my family still lives there in case you were wondering about my knowledge of the area.
Old Jun 16, 2012, 9:43 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

If you're only there for 1 night, I'd suggest the Icon. It's not far from the FS, so you'd not have to bother getting a taxi back to the Galleria area for the JW.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 9:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards: Gold; Hyatt: Diamond
I never stayed at the icon, but the JW is definitely nice! The location is unbeatable. The JW was a cat 4 for a while, but I think just got bumped back to a 5. If your staying for only 1 night and the wedding is downtown, that would be my choice, especially if your drinking. I disagree with the no traffic, it can really build up around the galleria area and the freeways even build up too. I was in Houston a few weeks ago and 59 was backed up on saturday afternoon and the gulf freeway is a permenant disaster 7 days a week.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by 4bangn
I never stayed at the icon, but the JW is definitely nice! The location is unbeatable. The JW was a cat 4 for a while, but I think just got bumped back to a 5. If your staying for only 1 night and the wedding is downtown, that would be my choice, especially if your drinking. I disagree with the no traffic, it can really build up around the galleria area and the freeways even build up too. I was in Houston a few weeks ago and 59 was backed up on saturday afternoon and the gulf freeway is a permenant disaster 7 days a week.
Your traffic argument supports the Icon but I agree with the JW suggestions. I know it's really granular, but if you're swooping in at like 2pm and are just going to the wedding before leaving on Sunday morning, stay downtown (Icon). If you plan to explore a bit and want to be close to the Galleria, restaurants, etc..., stay at the JW. Head to head, the JW is a nicer hotel.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by billycwhatup
Your traffic argument supports the Icon but I agree with the JW suggestions. I know it's really granular, but if you're swooping in at like 2pm and are just going to the wedding before leaving on Sunday morning, stay downtown (Icon). If you plan to explore a bit and want to be close to the Galleria, restaurants, etc..., stay at the JW. Head to head, the JW is a nicer hotel.
I didn't realize this was for only one night on m post above. If so the Icon is a fine property.

If the plan is for multiple nights and explore then the JW is the better choice.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 8:51 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
As an hotel t stay n, I'd go for the Icon. It is a true boutique hotel, different, slightly off beat in design but a nice place to stay with a much more personal touch amongst the staff. I don't find the JW particularly good in comparison.

From a location perspective, the Icon is a 10 minute walk from the FS, whilst the JW is a 30 minute drive. However, as stated, there's not a lot to do in downtown Houston whilst JW is opposite the Galleria where you can shop till you drop.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 10:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
This was posted in the exec lounge sticky by pooker re: Houst Marriott west loop, and since it provides more info than is needed for the sticky, I thought it appropriate to post the info here. Many thanks go to pooker for the info.

"I was here a few weeks ago as well. This lounge has a really big machine that makes all different kinds of latte's, hot chocolate, and juices with fresh glasses that is always accessible. There is also a fridge with a big variety of drinks (mountain dew, diet pepsi, pepsi, etc).

Also if you stay on a Holiday (most lounges close a few days before the Holiday I found out) they will give you 1 free appetizer and 1 free desert off of their menu in the bar. You can have anything pretty much as long as it is not a salad or alcoholic"

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.