Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Houston, TX

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Houston, TX

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2015, 10:31 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
I just noticed that a new construction Homewood Suites is opening in April 2016 that is located right behind the Marquis, thus only a couple blocks from the convention center, Discovery Park, and Minute Maid Park (I was wondering what that building would be). This will really hit the Residence Inn hard, especially on the convention business they rely on. I see very few people at the RI on extended stays. I am very happy to see more extended stay options downtown. Having a Hyatt House would be nice too

Note right now that Dallas St is torn up in front of the RI/SH/CY so getting in around there is tough but doable - no street parking on Dallas. Only one lane is open on Dallas St. I would think it will still be the case for a few more weeks. You can do street parking on Polk behind the property but it is metered and starts at 7am for 2 hours max except free on Sunday and from 6p-7am daily.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 11:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
Marriott-family hotels in Houston, TX

Any recent stays at the Courtyard Westchase?
Old Nov 23, 2015, 10:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
"Houston will welcome an infusion of new guest rooms next fall, according to the city's newest hotel, the Marriott Marquis Houston, which yesterday announced an opening date of Oct. 1, 2016.

Connected to the George R. Brown Convention Center via a climate-controlled skybridge, the hotel will boast 1,000 guest rooms and over 100,000 square feet of meeting space, including 52 meeting rooms, a 3,500-square-foot open-air event pavilion, a 21,729-square-foot junior ballroom, and a 39,000-square-foot ballroom -- the largest ballroom in Houston. The hotel also will sport a 5,000-square-foot spa; a 5,000-square-foot fitness center; six food-and-beverage outlets, including two specialty restaurants; and an "amenity deck" featuring an infinity pool and a 530-foot Texas-shaped lazy river."
Old Nov 23, 2015, 5:12 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

No shortage of brand choices downtown: JW, Marquis, Autograph, RI, SH and CY.

The West Loop was the first Marriott that I ever stayed in (a few months after it opened) so I'm kinda partial to it.

Old Dec 4, 2015, 11:26 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Houston’s Future Marriott Marquis Gets Its General Manager

"Scot Cotton has been named to the role. He’s been with the Marriott International Inc. (Nasdaq: MAR) family for more than 30 years and most recently was the general manager of the Houston Airport Marriott, where he oversaw the property’s recent $53 million renovation."

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/n...html?ana=yahoo
Old Jun 8, 2016, 5:27 pm
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
i have a 1-4 chit i'd like to redeem in downtown and i dunno which one? courtyard or springhill?

i am also a marriott gold, which properties have highest chances of upgrades?

does springhill have comp hot breakfast for gold?

i care most about upgrades, then decent enough free breakfast options
Old Jun 9, 2016, 11:36 am

Springhill brand has free breakfast for all guests; elite status not required. You will not get free brekkie w/ CY.

Cheers.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 3:26 am
cur

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Springhill brand has free breakfast for all guests; elite status not required. You will not get free brekkie w/ CY.

Cheers.
thanks but do they upgrade golds regularly? i'm yet to use my gold status
Old Jun 10, 2016, 4:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by cur
thanks but do they upgrade golds regularly? i'm yet to use my gold status
Unfortunately there aren't that many types of room in Springhill Suites. You might be able to get an upgrade from 1 king to 2 queens.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 6:06 am
cur

Originally Posted by nacho
Unfortunately there aren't that many types of room in Springhill Suites. You might be able to get an upgrade from 1 king to 2 queens.
LOL yeah they have suite which is large room with divider then the only other category above is a 2 room suite

again sorry for my ignorance but for future reference what type of upgrades would a courtyard do for a gold booked in a basic room? just 1 categoryup or do they go higher up to suites

and finally is this courtyard/springhill property considered a "convention center" property for the purpose of late checkout? it's on the same st as the convention center but about 5 blocks away

thanks
Old Jun 10, 2016, 10:14 am

What type of upgrades at CYs vary. Some properties have suites. Others don't. The Houston downtown/convention center one has larger guest room & a suite. Which you might get as an upgrade will depend on how full the hotel is, if there are any Plats that checked in whom presumably would get an upgrade first, etc.

Doubtful either SHS or CY are considered convention center properties, especially if they're that far way. They've got the downtown/convention center label probably more for marketing purposes.

If it's a 1-night stay & it were me, I'd go w/ the SHS.

Cheers.
Old Jun 11, 2016, 6:32 am
cur

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
What type of upgrades at CYs vary. Some properties have suites. Others don't. The Houston downtown/convention center one has larger guest room & a suite. Which you might get as an upgrade will depend on how full the hotel is, if there are any Plats that checked in whom presumably would get an upgrade first, etc.

Doubtful either SHS or CY are considered convention center properties, especially if they're that far way. They've got the downtown/convention center label probably more for marketing purposes.

If it's a 1-night stay & it were me, I'd go w/ the SHS.

Cheers.
i was trying to ask (poorly) how gold upgrades are systemwide: is it typical that if an upgraded room is available, it's yours? or is it more of a struggle and properties ignore that perk, or a highly overrated perk (like where spg golds maybe get a higher floor or corner room but most the time they don't)

using my chit for the shs, more or less to host, so a guaranteed suite is the way to go thanks
Old Jun 11, 2016, 9:52 am

"i was trying to ask (poorly) how gold upgrades are systemwide: is it typical that if an upgraded room is available, it's yours? or is it more of a struggle and properties ignore that perk, or a highly overrated perk (like where spg golds maybe get a higher floor or corner room but most the time they don't)"

It can be all three.

Cheers.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 4:45 pm

Any recent stays at the Marriott Energy Corridor? DH and I are planning an upcoming trip for 4-5 days and were looking at this property because the parking is free compared to the JW Houston.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 5:28 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards A+; Marriott Gold; HHonors DIA
I have hit most of the "prime" Marriott properties in Houston over the past couple of years traveling weekly there and needing to be in varying locations.

I have stayed several times out at the Marriott Energy Corridor. Its convenient if your focus is out in the Beltway 8 / I-10 to Katy area. Would not stay there otherwise. Sort of nondescript, in between churches and car dealerships, with the worlds biggest drainage reservoir out back. Rooms are decently updated and nice, lounge is normal size and practical, and I have never had the onsite bar / restaurant.

Its easy in and easy out. If you are comparing to JW Marriott Galleria, then maybe its in the same buck as far as lounge and room appointments, though Galleria is much more convenient to there, which you pay for. No comparison to JW Marriott downtown. That is a different category for convenience, lounge and how nice the rooms / experience are.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.