Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Phoenix/Scottsdale, AZ

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Phoenix/Scottsdale, AZ

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2012, 8:47 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
I have stayed at JW Marriott Desert Ridge, Buttes and JW Camelback Inn.

Desert Ridge has the best pool (and pool scene) by far. It indeed has a lazy river and 4 pools overall.

Great rooms and service as well.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 12:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Think carefully about whether you want a family friendly place, meaning overrun with screaming kids, or a more sophisticated adult pool environment. Most Marriotts are closer to the former, so you might want to consider other chains near Phoenix, such as W Scottsdale or Canyon Suites (SPG) or Hyatt Gainey Ranch.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 8:56 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb LTT, HHonors Diamond, AA ExPlat, United Silver
Recent experiences at The Buttes?

Will be in Scottsdale in the Fall and am considering the Buttes as one possibility. Noticed many negatives in this thread, but nothing recent. Has the sound barrier been built to block highway noise? Any improvements in staff? Updating of property? Better treatment of elite status? Any input would be appreciated.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
What about the Marriott Suites Scottsdale old town?
Old Jan 10, 2013, 8:18 am

Programs: M&M,UA MP Silver, MR LT Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by nacho
What about the Marriott Suites Scottsdale old town?
Stayed there in summer '09 and found it nice enough: Great room layout, brekkie, nice workout room, smallish pool though. Had a 2f1 EEO resulting in a $49/night rate. Location is hard to beat if you like OT Scottsdale.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Looking to stay at one of the following, possibly on poitns, possibly cash for 5 nights over spring break-

Desert Ridge- 120K points
Starr Pass- 100K points
Ritz Dove Mountain- 160K Points

2 adults, 2 girls ages 11 and 14, interested in water slides, decent but not fine dining, a little hiking, driving from Orange County, so Phoenix would be closer, but willign to drive the extra if Tucson hotels are worth it. Not golfers.

Which would you choose?
Old Feb 13, 2013, 10:36 am
Original Member

Programs: Lifetime Platinum Marriott
Spring Training Phoenix - Hotel Recomendations

We have one night before we head over to the JW and Canyon Villas.

Want to stay near a ballpark so we can walk to game next day.
I know the one next to the Rangers Ball Park.

Any other good Marriott close to Ball Fields in Cactus League?
Old Feb 13, 2013, 10:41 am

Programs: UA PP/Marriott Platinum Elite/Hyatt Diamond/Avis Preferred/Hertz Presidential
Tempe, The Buttes, next door to Angels Training Facility or at least it was.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 12:00 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
Courtyard Old Town Scottsdale is walking distance to downtown and the Giants stadium. It's Cat 3 at the moment. Scottsdale Marriott Suites Old Town may be a bit nicer but its further from the stadium.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 12:09 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by rthib
We have one night before we head over to the JW and Canyon Villas.

Want to stay near a ballpark so we can walk to game next day.
I know the one next to the Rangers Ball Park.

Any other good Marriott close to Ball Fields in Cactus League?
Is there a team you prefer to see? There are stadiums all over the metro area and it is pretty big area. Here are the stadiums and teams:

Goodyear - Reds, Indians
Surprise - Royals, Rangers
Peoria -Padres, Mariners
Tempe - Angels
Phoenix - Brewers, Athletics
Scottsdale (2 stadiums) - Diamondbacks, Rockies, Giants
Scottsdale
Old Feb 13, 2013, 8:46 pm
Original Member

Programs: Lifetime Platinum Marriott
Originally Posted by apodo77
Is there a team you prefer to see? There are stadiums all over the metro area and it is pretty big area. Here are the stadiums and teams:

Goodyear - Reds, Indians
Surprise - Royals, Rangers
Peoria -Padres, Mariners
Tempe - Angels
Phoenix - Brewers, Athletics
Scottsdale (2 stadiums) - Diamondbacks, Rockies, Giants
Scottsdale
I have the map from cactus league site and when have been before.
To be honest it doesn't really matter, games are cheap and fun.
But instead of putting in names and trying to guess, figured folks would know good ones.

I forgot about Buttes, that sounds good.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 9:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, AA Gold
I think the Peoria complex has a couple hotels in walking distance
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:49 pm

Arizona Resorts: Camelback or Dove Mountain?

Thinking of flying to Phoenix this weekend to get away from the cold here and try and get some sun. Original plan was Miami but weather is looking not so good this weekend.

I can get gov't rates at JW Camelback or Ritz Dove Mountain. Also Starr Pass, Tempe Buttes and McDowell Mountain but those seem to be not as good.

Thinking of the Camelback as it well rated, short drive to PHX, and weather is supposed to be a bit warmer. high temps are only a couple degrees warmer but lows are almost ten degrees warmer. Since we are trying to sunbathe and it already a little cool, those few degrees seem important.

Ritz is actually a few dollars less. Mostly I am figuring since its a RC it will be nicer. Though I guess JW is 5 diamond. Still I think the pics of the RC look a little bit better.

Planning on flying in sat morning and leaving tuesday evening and not leaving the resort for much other than dinner. Guessing the mornings may be a little cold for the pool so was thinking of doing things like Tennis, hiking, and maybe the driving range.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 1:51 am

Programs: AA-LEP,United-1K Again!, USAIR-CHRMN, MW Plat Prem, SW-Gold, Hilton-Silver, Hertz-Platnium
I love Dove Mountain this time of year. Low Occupancy. Beautiful Hikes. Its a fairly new ritz, so offers a nice room.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 5:57 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Marriott Platinum Premier
I have never done Dove Mountain but frequent the JW Camelback on an annual basis. Its one of my favorite Marriott properties. Nice pool, beautiful grounds and excellent service. If you ae looking for the nightlife/restaurants of Scottsdale, JW is fantastic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.