Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Phoenix/Scottsdale, AZ

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Phoenix/Scottsdale, AZ

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2023, 4:36 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by yscleo
Thanks, now I see that small red alert box. Either it was not there before, or it was and I missed it. The Marriott reservation system should not have allowed me to book. I went ahead to cancel my booking, and got my points back.

Now trying to decide between TownPlace, or RI airport.
I would scratch the RI Airport off your list. Too far out of the way. PHX is SE of downtown Phoenix. The I10 can be a nightmare through Phoenix and you would need to backtrack in the morning. While you could continue south on I10 and connect to I17 North, that section through Phoenix up to the 101 Loop can be ugly too, especially North of the I10.

The area around the TP on I17 has seen better days. If you are looking for a Costco, there is one on 27th Ave at the intersection of I17 & the 101 Loop on the SW corner. It is easy access but requires backtracking too to the TP.

You are best to avoid the I10 to I17 corridor.

What I would suggest is the RI or SHS in Glendale. Easy access off the 101 Loop at Bell road. The 101 Loop starts from the I10 further West in Avondale so it avoids a lot of traffic traveling into downtown Phoenix or futher east. There is a Costco a few blocks away in the Arrowhead area.

There are also options in the I10/101 Loop too you may want to consider and a Costco NW of the interchange.

Either of those options will give you easy access back onto the 101 Loop which intersects I17 (Black Canyon Freeway) to take you North to Sedona & the Grand Canyon.

Incredibly beautiful areas, enjoy your trip.

James
yscleo likes this.

Last edited by Flying for Fun; Apr 1, 2023 at 7:21 pm
Old Apr 2, 2023, 5:29 am

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
I would scratch the RI Airport off your list. Too far out of the way. PHX is SE of downtown Phoenix. The I10 can be a nightmare through Phoenix and you would need to backtrack in the morning. While you could continue south on I10 and connect to I17 North, that section through Phoenix up to the 101 Loop can be ugly too, especially North of the I10.

The area around the TP on I17 has seen better days. If you are looking for a Costco, there is one on 27th Ave at the intersection of I17 & the 101 Loop on the SW corner. It is easy access but requires backtracking too to the TP.

You are best to avoid the I10 to I17 corridor.

What I would suggest is the RI or SHS in Glendale. Easy access off the 101 Loop at Bell road. The 101 Loop starts from the I10 further West in Avondale so it avoids a lot of traffic traveling into downtown Phoenix or futher east. There is a Costco a few blocks away in the Arrowhead area.

There are also options in the I10/101 Loop too you may want to consider and a Costco NW of the interchange.

Either of those options will give you easy access back onto the 101 Loop which intersects I17 (Black Canyon Freeway) to take you North to Sedona & the Grand Canyon.

Incredibly beautiful areas, enjoy your trip.

James
Thanks James. Very helpful. I've scratched RI airport. TP north seems like a good deal for point redemption in Phoenix.

We look forward to the drive, to Sedona/GC.
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old May 28, 2023, 12:38 am

Four Points by Sheraton Phoenix South Mountain
permanently closed
https://www.ahwatukee.com/news/artic...10f84b7b9.html
Old Oct 21, 2023, 9:16 am

Hi

I will be in PHX for 2 nights at the end of the month before going to the GC. I haven't visited PHX before and am just planning to wander around, see some sites and hopefully eat some great food! I don't mind taking transit to get around if it gets too hot. Sitting by the pool would be a great bonus. I want to sleep well, so am avoiding some of the noisier places near highways/airports.

I've narrowed it down to 2 places on points + cash - either the Moxy Tempe or Renaissance DT. About the same number of points for one night, but about USD50 more for the Renaissance (though it is also much closer to where I'll pick up my rental car when I check out. Yes, I realize that they are completely different brands in completely different areas of town! The prices those days at Hiltons and Marriotts are quite high which is driving part of my decision. I stayed at a Moxy in Osaka and quite enjoy the "vibe", and they seem to have a nicer pool option for just hanging out.

Any thoughts?

Edit: I decided that I was totally overthinking it and booked the Moxy. My next 3 stays in the next few weeks are all either points or points + cash, so not exactly taking advantage of the bonus points promotion . Looking forward to the trip!

Last edited by painintheuk; Oct 21, 2023 at 4:41 pm Reason: Problem solved.
Old Oct 21, 2023, 6:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Avis President's Circle
The Moxy is a nice hotel, although I’d recommend either the AC Tempe or the Westin Tempe over it in that area. The Moxy is convenient to the ASU campus but a LONG walk to the Tempe nightlight district. If you don’t mind a solid 20+ minute walk to get to most restaurants, then it’s fine.

Side note, I strongly recommend the restaurants in the new Omni that just opened earlier this year. They are all fantastic.
painintheuk likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2023, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by rflor
The Moxy is a nice hotel, although I’d recommend either the AC Tempe or the Westin Tempe over it in that area. The Moxy is convenient to the ASU campus but a LONG walk to the Tempe nightlight district. If you don’t mind a solid 20+ minute walk to get to most restaurants, then it’s fine.

Side note, I strongly recommend the restaurants in the new Omni that just opened earlier this year. They are all fantastic.
Thanks for the suggestions. 20+ minutes is fine for me. Much of my day will just be random-ish wandering. I might even take Rail one way and walk back. I definitely don't do nightlife in any case .

The Omni restaurants and bars look really interesting! Unfortunately I'm there on a Monday and Tuesday night, and it looks like some of them are closed.
Old Feb 28, 2024, 11:37 am

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
I was looking at an economical points option for a family vacation... does anyone have any insights regarding the properties clustered in Chandler? Namely Townplace, Springhill, Fairfield, Courtyard, Element. I assume these are fairly standard lower end Marriott-family properties, but are there any that are below expectations for their brands?
Old Apr 2, 2024, 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by heraclitus
I was looking at an economical points option for a family vacation... does anyone have any insights regarding the properties clustered in Chandler? Namely Townplace, Springhill, Fairfield, Courtyard, Element. I assume these are fairly standard lower end Marriott-family properties, but are there any that are below expectations for their brands?
If you’re not required to stick to Bonvoy, Legacy Golf Resort is bookable with 7500 Wyndham points per night, for a 1 bedroom unit. Spent half a week there a few months back. The property is a bit tired, but clean and pleasant enough. You can borrow stuff like tennis rackets, basketball to entertain yourself outside. Nothing walkable is nearby, but if you’re heading to Phoenix, I doubt you plan to walk a lot.
heraclitus likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.