Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Phoenix/Scottsdale, AZ

Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Phoenix/Scottsdale, AZ

Old Nov 19, 2018, 7:33 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Contact Info For Phoenix Airport Marriott

Anyone have contact info for the GM or a manager at the Phoenix Airport Marriott?
Old Dec 11, 2018, 6:31 am

Programs: United, delta, AA, Alaskan, Frontier, Hilton Gold, Hyatt, Chase Sapphire
Favorite cat 4 in Phoenix/ Scottsdale area?

Have 4 nights we need to use by the end of Feb. Looking at this area to golf,hike, maybe the Grand Canyon, and get out of the Nebraska cold. Anyone have a favorite hotel? Lots to choose from. Thanks for your help.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 10:19 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Was just in Tempe for meetings and tried the Springhill Phoenix - Tempe / Airport for the first time. It was fine. Older style but maintained well. Looked like they had recently renovated the breakfast room and were serving until 10am on a weekday, which was nice when I slept in later than I should have. My meetings were in one of the office buildings nearby and there were plenty of wide sidewalks to make the trek in the sweltering heat.

Usually when I need to be in the area I stay at the Moxy Phoenix / Tempe ASU Area to feel young again. My only complaint with that property is how little parking it has. Otherwise it is great/terrible in all the ways a Moxy usually is.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 11:57 am

Westin Kierland or Phoenician Collection Resort?

Wife and I are going on a babymoon next week. originally booked for RC Amelia island, but hurricane Dorian had other plans for us. Weather report showing scattered thunderstorms all week, didnt want to risk it...so i cancelled and am looking to rebook.

The options are: The Westin Kierland or Phoenician Collection Resort....both in Scottsdale, AZ. I know they're experiencing 100+ degrees....but i would rather that versus gloomy rainy weather.
Which hotel is better? nicer? funner?......also, are either of these relatively close to a town?

I'm also open to other options, must be continental US, a beach would be nice
Old Aug 28, 2019, 12:51 pm

Never considered Westin, but me, my wife and 4 yo son stayed at the Phoenician for two nights, redeeming her Ritz certs. Specifically the Canyon Suites, which is a bit more secluded and upscale. The properties are close to one another and you can request for a ride via golf carts. We managed to stayed at the resort for 3 days without leaving. There's a lot to do there, food, games, spa, activities, etc. The service provided at the Canyon Suites was impeccable. The room we had was the largest room we've ever stayed in. One of the best stays we've ever been to.
Btw, if you are staying at the Phoenician and not Canyon Suites, find out the complimentary breakfast times for guests staying at the Canyon Suites. Go the next morning and walk in like you are staying there to enjoy the breakfast. They do not check, it's right at the lobby. It's like no other setting and presentation you've seen before.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 1:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Canyon Suites or Camelback Inn would be my choices, with Phoenician as fall back. Canyon Suites and Phoenician are part of same complex, with the Canyon Suites being more exclusive and personal. These are all convenient (by car) to plenty of restaurants and shopping. Not Westin Kierland. Not the same class.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 7:47 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by carzaddict
Wife and I are going on a babymoon next week. originally booked for RC Amelia island, but hurricane Dorian had other plans for us. Weather report showing scattered thunderstorms all week, didnt want to risk it...so i cancelled and am looking to rebook.

The options are: The Westin Kierland or Phoenician Collection Resort....both in Scottsdale, AZ. I know they're experiencing 100+ degrees....but i would rather that versus gloomy rainy weather.
Which hotel is better? nicer? funner?......also, are either of these relatively close to a town?

I'm also open to other options, must be continental US, a beach would be nice
The Phoenician is unquestionably the nicer and more luxurious property--and with better service and F&B. I posted an expert review from May while staying at the Phoenician Residences. The entire Phoenician property is impressive. Of course, the Phoenician is quite big, but the facilities are top rate. It would be a nice luxury alternative considering you were going to stay at the RC Amelia. Scottsdale isn't far, and the entire Phoenix metroplex is a 20 min drive in most cases.

The Canyon Suites certainly are nicer due to the intimacy of being a smaller hotel within the resort (and your own pool), and the Phoenician Residences are amazing. I reviewed all three properties. I hate Phoenix but I loved my time at the Phoenician Residence/Phoenician and didn't want to leave.

Other possibilities? Las Alcobas in Napa Valley. Marriott Newport Coast Villas. SLS Beverly Hills. Ritz-Carlton Bacara Santa Barbara. Ritz-Carlton Half Moon Bay. Maybe the StR Deer Valley or StR Aspen or RC Bachelor Gulch if you like the mountains (and elevation isn't an issue for pregnancy!).

Last edited by bhrubin; Aug 29, 2019 at 8:23 pm
Old Aug 29, 2019, 8:07 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by carzaddict
The options are: The Westin Kierland or Phoenician Collection Resort....both in Scottsdale, AZ.
Actually neither hotel is in Scottsdale (you'd never know that from the bonvOY website). They are both located in Phoenix which is a good thing since you will not have to pay sky high Scottsdale hotel taxes.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 8:11 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Tanic
Actually neither hotel is in Scottsdale (you'd never know that from the bonvOY website). They are both located in Phoenix which is a good thing since you will not have to pay sky high Scottsdale hotel taxes.
It's interesting how many valley properties list "Scottsdale" when they're not. Including the Camelback Inn, actually located in Paradise Valley, which is IMO much more desirable than Scottsdale.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 8:31 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
Not Westin Kierland

Weve stayed at both. Usually we stay at the Phoenician (main property, Canyon Suites or Phoenician Residences). One year we decided to try out the Westin Kierland after all the relative points discount was attractive. After 1 night into our 5 night stay we checked out. Despite a nice suite upgrade to a casita, the place was over run with people. We were struggling to even find two chairs together at the pool. It definitely had more of a party/loud/family resort vibe, not a sweet, peaceful baby moon!

We wrote to our contact at the Phoenician that we were coming back, seeking sanctuary from the madness! When we arrived, we were whisked to a casita 1 bedroom upgrade. Beautiful. Ended up extending our stay two more days.

The Phoenician is easily our favorite US resort with our family. (Or without!)
Kacee likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 9:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
+1 Phoenician and Westin Kierland aren't in the same league.

My favorite properties in Scottsdale (sort of ) are the Phoenician and Camelback. Different vibes in that the Phoenician is more modern and a 5 minute Uber ride from Old Town Scottsdale. The Camelback doesn't have as good of pools but is more relaxed old Arizona.
Kacee and bhrubin like this.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 10:38 pm

Any thoughts on the Camby as a babymoon spot? It doesn't look like the typical "resort" property, but it seems like people on FT like it
Old Nov 18, 2019, 8:54 am

I have stayed at the Camby a few times
Nothing actually wrong with it, but seems to be trying for a W vibe and trying a bit too hard. If that's your thing then the Scottsdale W is just up the road and nicer

Plus never got an Ambassador upgrade while here. Have got tons of nice upgrades at the W
Old Nov 22, 2019, 12:44 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by erics2356
Any thoughts on the Camby as a babymoon spot? It doesn't look like the typical "resort" property, but it seems like people on FT like it
I like the hotel a lot because it's location works for going downtown or to Tempe, the restaurant is good and the rooms are very nice but you have to want an urban settling upscale hotel. For a babymoon I might want something more resort-y like The Boulders or one of the JWs.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by brittex
I have stayed at the Camby a few times
Nothing actually wrong with it
They charge for parking, which has been a deal killer for me given the number of good properties in the Valley which do not.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.