Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Pre-2019 - Marriott-family hotels in Tokyo, Japan

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Marriott-family hotels in "xx" means all Marriott brand hotels in that city. It does not mean hotels that are family friendly, although there could be some family friendly ones on the list. But it refers to the various brands. Marriott-family hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc, & trip reports are usually in the property specific threads."
Print Wikipost

Pre-2019 - Marriott-family hotels in Tokyo, Japan

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2005, 9:47 am

Programs: UA PM (by 2MM), DL GM (by 3.5MM), Marriott Lifetime Plat
yes, you should receive 1000 points per night and one night's stay credit. If they don't post, send a copy of the receipt to marriott - that has always worked in the past.

The New Otani is one of my favorite hotels, easy to get to, nice comfortable feel. Now, I'm spoiled by the JW in Phuket and Bangkok, so no hotel seems quite as nice.

But as for being in Tokyo, I prefer the New Otani. Just got back from there last week.

Billy
Old Mar 7, 2005, 10:17 am

Programs: AA Plat, DL Gold, Marriott gold, HH gold,SPG gold
When I stayed there, I had no problem. I received 1000 marriot points per night and night credits toward elite status. The hotel is very nice. I suggest joining the new Otani club (its free and you can get there from their web site). Club memebrs get separate check-in lines and ususally get better rates.
Old Mar 7, 2005, 2:31 pm

And if you stay at a new otani club rate (NOC) then you get breakfast included (for two) which is about $55. And a pretty good buffet (three resturants to choose from), the one from the top of the tower offers great views of Tokyo, and Mt. Fuji on occasions (like last week!).

Billy
Old Mar 7, 2005, 11:16 pm

Programs: UA Premier Plat/Marriott Titanium
Thanks for all the great responses. If I join the New Otani Club and get the breakfast included room rate, Can I still request Marriott points and nightly stays be credited to my Marriott reward accont?
Old Mar 9, 2005, 10:33 am

Programs: AA Plat, DL Gold, Marriott gold, HH gold,SPG gold
Originally Posted by LisaH
Thanks for all the great responses. If I join the New Otani Club and get the breakfast included room rate, Can I still request Marriott points and nightly stays be credited to my Marriott reward accont?

YES, Thats what I do and it works fine for me! the new Otani club doesn't seem to be a club like marriott rewards. They dont seem to collect points or stays; they simply give perks (and send mail advertisements).

try this link for added information and to join:

http://www.newotani.co.jp/noc/en/

Last edited by marescot; Mar 9, 2005 at 10:38 am
Old Apr 6, 2005, 7:31 pm

Smile Marriott Toyko

I will be staying here in June - first time to Toyko. Anyone that has any info on the property please let me know (Food/Asst from the property on tours-ect/size of rooms/upgrades/pool/ect). I am a Mariott Platium - how is the c-Lounge? Also, any good ideas on the location of the property to local things to see - I will have a Japan Rail Pass.

Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 6, 2005, 7:54 pm

I know, search function down, but there is lots of information on this board already. No C-lounge, but you get breakfast (which is just OK). Rooms are small, typical of Tokyo. Really, nothing exceptional about this hotel, many prefer it to the Ren, but the Ren has a better location.

Personally, I stay at the New Otani, earn 1000 Marriott Points per night (join the New Otani Club for free breakfast - a good one at that) and earn marriott nights toward yearly goals.

I've stayed in them all (and at least a dozen other places), and like the New Otani most (there are nicer, but more expensive).

Billy
Old Apr 7, 2005, 4:48 am

Programs: UA 2P, AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
Marriott Kinshicho Tobu is in the Kinshicho section of Tokyo which is not really close to anything. It is however one of the closest Tokyo hotels to Narita airport. No concierge lounge.

I really enjoyed the dinner buffet in the restaurant. It was a pretty good deal as it was about the same price as any of the entrees from the menu and included appetizers, main courses and desserts. Both Japanese and Western food were offered. I had it several nights and enjoyed it, also I am a big man and typically when I order from the menu I am still hungry given the small portions there so buffet is the way to go.

The Ren Ginza is in a much more central location.
Old Apr 7, 2005, 11:52 pm

Programs: NH-PLT/SFC, JL-JMG/JGP, SPG-PLT, HH-DIA, GP-DIA,PC/IC-P/RA,MR-GLD
I have been staying at Marriott Kinshicho Tobu 5-6 times in a year. I am a silver member, so I can not get any upgrade. The standard twin room is about 27m2, so it is bits smaller than that of Hilton Tokyo. It does not have a swimming pool, but if you ask the hotel staff, he may introduce a fitness nearby the hotel with a discout ticket or a free pass. ( I am not sure now.) The hotel is not as nice as those of Hilton, *wood or Hyatt properties, but everything is much cheaper than them, especially food of the hotel restaurants.
Old Apr 10, 2005, 9:24 pm

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Premium Pounds / Tokyo Marriott

Hello, All-

A friend and I are going to be stopping in Tokyo for four days in June on our way to Taiwan. We'll both have just graduated and are looking to keep our expenses at a minumum. However, after varied experiences travelling through Europe last year, we're looking to avoid hostels and the like. I have some Premium Pounds and we're looking to use these while we're there in order to get a decent hotel at a reasonable price.

I have a couple of questions related to that - (1) Does anyone have any experience using Premium Pounds at the Tokyo Marriott? If we got there and they wouldn't take the PPounds, the hotel would be far out of our price range. I also wouldn't want to get there and find out that they take them at a horrible rate. (2) Is the Tokyo Marriott in a good location for sight-seeing? Neither of us have been there before so we're not familiar with the location. (3) Would the Renaissance Tokyo be a better bet? It's 25% more expensive, so I'd like to stick with the Marriott if possible - but if the Renaissance is far better in terms of either location or quality, I'd be willing to consider that one.

As always, thanks for the help-
jkm024
Old Apr 11, 2005, 4:33 am

Programs: UA 2P, AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
1) I have used Bonus Bucks at the Tokyo Marriott Tobu Kinshicho and they gave me the best rate of any non-US property I used Bonus Bucks at.

2) Kinshicho is not a good area for sightseeing. The Ren Ginza is far better located.

3) I would highly recommend getting up at 5 AM and going to the fish market. Once in a lifetime experience.

4) see this thread from 5 days ago:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=419050
Old Apr 11, 2005, 6:21 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, US CP, *W Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver, HH Gold
I've used the Bonus Pounds/Bucks all over the world (including properties in Japan) and have never had a problem, although it does help to show them the cert when you check in so that they can do the conversion 'off-line' b/f they process your final bill.
Old Apr 11, 2005, 12:34 pm
Community Director Emerita

I use www.oanda.com to run the calculation of what pounds are in local currency and print this out before I go. For example, today, 100 pds are worth 20,418 yen. I know I won't get that rate, but I do expect something within 10% or so of it. If the hotel is dramatically different, I have the necessary backup to be able to query them on the rate applied.
Old Apr 11, 2005, 7:21 pm

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Thanks for the great tips ...

I'll definitely bring some sort of proof of the exchange rate in order to have something to stand on if they give a horrible rate.
Old Apr 12, 2005, 4:49 am

Programs: NH-PLT/SFC, JL-JMG/JGP, SPG-PLT, HH-DIA, GP-DIA,PC/IC-P/RA,MR-GLD
I will show you the rack rate and the internet only rate. ( sorry, only Japanese)
http://www.tobuhotel.co.jp/marriott/room/rates.htm
From the top, single, doubleA for 1 person and 2 persons, doubleB for 1 and 2, casual twin for 2, standard twin for 1 ,2 and 3,corner twin for 1,2 and 3, DX twin for 1 and 2, and a suite. The black number is for the rack rate and the red is for the internet only rate.
Do not worry about the rate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.