Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Pre-2019 - Marriott-family hotels in Tokyo, Japan

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Marriott-family hotels in "xx" means all Marriott brand hotels in that city. It does not mean hotels that are family friendly, although there could be some family friendly ones on the list. But it refers to the various brands. Marriott-family hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc, & trip reports are usually in the property specific threads."
Print Wikipost

Pre-2019 - Marriott-family hotels in Tokyo, Japan

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2002, 11:13 am
Patron

Elite member benefits should be available, referring to this:

The following locations do not provide elite member benefits: Renaissance Naruto Hotel, Renaissance Okinawa Resort, Renaissance Sapporo Hotel, Renaissance Palm Garden Hotel.

But maybe it is a good idea if elite members of MR look at these threads before to decide whether to stay at the Renaissance Tokyo or not:

No elite benefits at Renaissance Tokyo?
Renaissance Tokyo: Elite benefits?
Tokyo Renaissance
Tokyo Renaissance

Old Oct 27, 2003, 6:54 pm

Renaissance Tokyo Ginza becoming a Courtyard

Can anyone give a review of this hotel? How do they treat their Platinum guests?

Thanks....
Old Oct 27, 2003, 9:33 pm

Just got back from a week there. As a Platinum, I received breakfast certificates and a coupon for a drink in the lounge bar for each day. As far as room upgrades are concerned, there is a "Renaissance" floor, but the rooms are the same size (small, but Japan standard).
I have been put on the 10th floor once out of two stays. The rooms are nicely decorated, despite the small size. Very clean, good service. The hotel is very convenient to the Higashi-Ginza subway (2 blocks) and the Ginza station (4 blocks). The Tokyo station is two stations away, and Shinjuku is about 6 stations away, both on the Ginza line.

A minor note: many of the service people (bus companies, subway, etc) refer to the hotel at the Ginza Tobu. That was the original name before Ramada bought it and made it a Renaissance. Various signs use a variety of Renaissance, Tobu, Ginza and even Ramada.

David Bricker / SYR

Old Oct 28, 2003, 4:11 pm

The best thing about this hotel is the location although the Japanese breakfast in the lower level resturant is very good. The rooms are very small by Western standards; two people will be constantly bumping into each other, and the view is nothing. If you're over 6'3" you will be hitting your head on the ceiling in the shower. If you're staying there on an award stay, or you need to be in the Ginza it's fine but for the same price, I prefer the Century Hyatt in Shinjuku
Old Oct 29, 2003, 5:41 pm

I am sure there are better hotels. This one isn't bad. As far as the comps, they handed my buddy a nice sized stack of the breakfast and drink coupons. He had enough to share with the non-platinum shlubs on the trip.

I do like the digital radio in the rooms, although the last time I was there, it seems they dispensed with the Bloomberg station.

For the alcoholics, they have a beer party on Saturdays which costs 2000 Y and comes with all you can drink booze. The bar downstairs is pricey, but very nice to hang in.

The restaurants right around there are decent too. Plenty of non Japanese around if you need a break from it.

Old Dec 3, 2003, 4:21 am

Ren Ginza Tobu suite rate typo

Casually browsing the different rates at the Renaissance Tokyo, I came across this doozy:

SUITE 65000 (JPY) per night Rate Rules
REGULAR RATE *SUITE ROOM (1 QUEN) *RATE IN JPY EXCL 15.5 PCT TAX*
INCL BEAST FOR TWO * MAX 2 PPL

Wow, a personal Godzilla for me and the mrs.

[This message has been edited by ntamayo (edited Dec 03, 2003).]

[This message has been edited by ntamayo (edited Dec 09, 2003).]
Old Dec 7, 2003, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
So, how much money is this US Dollars?

And, what kind of room is this? did you book it?
Old Dec 8, 2003, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: 2008 FT1 Fantasy Football Champion
Um, I believe he was referring to the "beast for 2" part.

(BTW - 65,000 yen = approx $600. )
Old Dec 9, 2003, 3:18 am

Yup, that was it ... even edited the post to clarify. Thx for reminding me.
Old Dec 29, 2003, 7:07 pm

MR points credit for New Otani stays

Can Marriott Rewards points be earned for stays at all New Otani hotels? The description on the Marriott website is ambiguous:

http://marriott.com/rewards/earn/earnptshotel.mi#NWOTHT

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Earn 1,000 Marriott Rewards points per night and redeem points as a guest of Hotel New Otani Tokyo, Hotel New Otani Makuhari or Hotel New Otani Hakata.</font>

Does this mean MR points can be redeemed only at those hotels, or that both accrual and redemption are limited to those 3 hotels?

Any insights/experiences appreciated.
Old Dec 30, 2003, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Deleted

[This message has been edited by socrates (edited Mar 23, 2004).]
Old Dec 30, 2003, 6:13 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">The description on the Marriott website is ambiguous.</font>
How?
Old Dec 30, 2003, 6:52 am

Thank you socrates.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by UpgradeMe:
How?</font>
Because the main hotels and partner hotels page says

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Or, earn points at these Marriott Rewards partner hotels:

Marriott Executive Apartments
Marriott ExecuStay
New Otani Hotels
</font>
and clicking on the details on the link in my previous post only mentions redemption, not accrual conditions.

For somebody not as well-versed in the subtleties of the english language as upgrade me, this could lead to some confusion.
Old Dec 30, 2003, 12:07 pm

Programs: UA PM (by 2MM), DL GM (by 3.5MM), Marriott Lifetime Plat
Also, you get only 1000 points per night stayed regarless of what you pay, and the nights you stay count toward your yearly totals.

Billy
Old Jan 16, 2004, 9:57 am

Programs: UA PM (by 2MM), DL GM (by 3.5MM), Marriott Lifetime Plat
Tokyo Kinshicho Marriott - need directions from airport

Did a search of the forum and looked at the NEX and Airport Limo service and did not find this hotel.

I've stayed at the New Otani many times, several other hotels including the Renassance Ginza.

Questions: do any of you guys know how to get from the airport to the Marriott hotel in Tokyo? Short of calling them on the phone, I can't seem to find any information.
The more detailed the reply, the better for me.

Thanks,

Billy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.