FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: remymartin
http://auction.starwoodhotels.com/
Print Wikipost

SPG Moments [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2018, 2:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Somebody booked the entire SPG Luxury Suite at Wrigley (12 tickets) for 63,500 Starpoints.

Please tell me a Flyertalker got that.
cmx and bhrubin like this.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 2:53 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
When the SPG Moments package includes accommodation, do you get the nights credit? I searched the thread and there was only one exchange where someone confirmed that is the case, but user did not receive credit and was told to submit a credit request.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 2:17 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by RafKa
When the SPG Moments package includes accommodation, do you get the nights credit? I searched the thread and there was only one exchange where someone confirmed that is the case, but user did not receive credit and was told to submit a credit request.
Answering my own question above, I contacted the Moments team and was told that because "the nights are gifted to you, you do not get the stay credit", which is disappointing (and slightly inconsistent, considering the Plat 50 FN award is also "gifted" but counts).

Last edited by RafKa; Apr 16, 2018 at 11:51 am Reason: typo
Old Apr 11, 2018, 11:24 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

They seem to discount some of the O2 tickets if still available right before. Managed to snag 2 tickets to Harry Styles in Box Suite for 5,000 points. Not bad!
Old May 18, 2018, 10:32 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Just picked up two nights at the Grande Bretagne at a 21,000 point discount (29,000), plus airport transfers and $300 of "dining in the sky" experience thrown in. Can't beat that really. The hotel is sold out on the dates so I can't get an exact equivalent value, but I reckon that's about 5c/ pt not including any room upgrades or other Platinum treatment.
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old May 18, 2018, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Just picked up two nights at the Grande Bretagne at a 21,000 point discount (29,000), plus airport transfers and $300 of "dining in the sky" experience thrown in. Can't beat that really. The hotel is sold out on the dates so I can't get an exact equivalent value, but I reckon that's about 5c/ pt not including any room upgrades or other Platinum treatment.
Please do let us know if you receive night/stay credit for this. Although I suspect that come August that won't matter as the SPG Moments might not continue in its current form...
Old May 18, 2018, 6:13 pm

I couldn't find the Marriott Moments flyertalk thread. Was it just me not being able to find it, or is there really not one created?
Old Jun 2, 2018, 6:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond. SPG Plat. Marriott Plat.
How’s the TD suite vs the MSG suite for concerts? Anyone been? I’ve only done the MSG
Old Jun 4, 2018, 3:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
A few quick comments on the Dinner in the Sky in Athens last weekend.

The event itself was incredibly memorable. Once annually, the usual Dinner in the Sky crew stand down, and the Executive Chef of the restaurants at the Grande Bretagne and the King George (the phenomenal Tudor Hall) and his team actually cook a full meal while 50m up in the sky. The team really went overboard, including bringing Grande Bretagne fine crockery and glassware and of course fine wines. As an experience, dining up in the air exceeded my expectations as an event in of itself. Athens is one very attractive city from the perspective of the top of a slowly rotating crane during sunset.

The two nights at the Grande Bretagne were lovely, and it remains my favourite European Starwood hotel. The rooftop pool was open, and was full of the usual American tourists overnighting before flying to Santorini (and hence a trip home to claim they've seen Greece). On my night off, I went for dinner at the Tudor Hall and had a fantastic meal as usual.

Also included in the package were a return E-Class ride from the airport and the latest edition of the Luxury Collection book, sent to the room along with some macaroons and a message from the GM.

Where there were negatives to the experience, it's that Starwood hasn't really integrated included hotel stays with the Starwood programme. It seems odd that on a weekend where I'm in Athens on Starwood's invitation staying at a Starwood hotel and attending a Starwood dinner with Starwood senior staffers based on a Starwood programme - I don't get any Starwood night credit. Beyond that, I'm usually greeted at the Grande Bretagne with a "welcome back" and a check in with my regular butler upstairs. This time I got "Have you ever been to Athens before?" and a Starwood key envelope suggesting that I join SPG for points. I'd also never seen the inside of the Grande Bretagne base rooms before and would rather not again. I was also charged for Internet, though I assume if I mentioned this to my Ambassador he'd have it removed. On the positive side, my incidentals surprisingly posted as Starwood points. Overall, I'd like to see Starwood look again at the experience for Moments events where hotels are included. Perhaps something to do as part of the integration?

RafKa and Travelosopher like this.

Last edited by EuropeanPete; Jun 4, 2018 at 3:51 pm
Old Jun 9, 2018, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by sunseeker
anybody here kind enough as to share what to expect from the

Mercedes AMG Petronas VIP hospitality?

all i know so far is that you will only have access to the racecourse on one specific day; but that is not a dealbreaker for me, since i am holding 3 day event tickets anyway...

thanks in advance, guys
karsten
Also curious. Any recent stories?
Old Jun 9, 2018, 7:38 am

Programs: SPG LTP, Hyatt Globalist, HH Gold, IHGPlat, RadGold, Marriott Plat, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
A few quick comments on the Dinner in the Sky in Athens last weekend.

The event itself was incredibly memorable. Once annually, the usual Dinner in the Sky crew stand down, and the Executive Chef of the restaurants at the Grande Bretagne and the King George (the phenomenal Tudor Hall) and his team actually cook a full meal while 50m up in the sky. The team really went overboard, including bringing Grande Bretagne fine crockery and glassware and of course fine wines. As an experience, dining up in the air exceeded my expectations as an event in of itself. Athens is one very attractive city from the perspective of the top of a slowly rotating crane during sunset.

The two nights at the Grande Bretagne were lovely, and it remains my favourite European Starwood hotel. The rooftop pool was open, and was full of the usual American tourists overnighting before flying to Santorini (and hence a trip home to claim they've seen Greece). On my night off, I went for dinner at the Tudor Hall and had a fantastic meal as usual.

Also included in the package were a return E-Class ride from the airport and the latest edition of the Luxury Collection book, sent to the room along with some macaroons and a message from the GM.

Where there were negatives to the experience, it's that Starwood hasn't really integrated included hotel stays with the Starwood programme. It seems odd that on a weekend where I'm in Athens on Starwood's invitation staying at a Starwood hotel and attending a Starwood dinner with Starwood senior staffers based on a Starwood programme - I don't get any Starwood night credit. Beyond that, I'm usually greeted at the Grande Bretagne with a "welcome back" and a check in with my regular butler upstairs. This time I got "Have you ever been to Athens before?" and a Starwood key envelope suggesting that I join SPG for points. I'd also never seen the inside of the Grande Bretagne base rooms before and would rather not again. I was also charged for Internet, though I assume if I mentioned this to my Ambassador he'd have it removed. On the positive side, my incidentals surprisingly posted as Starwood points. Overall, I'd like to see Starwood look again at the experience for Moments events where hotels are included. Perhaps something to do as part of the integration?

Soinds like an amazing experience - and I love the Grand Bretagne! But I am VERY surprised that status. isn’t acknowledged for the hotel stay part of the package and that you don’t get elite night credit for the stay itself?!?!?
Old Aug 28, 2018, 7:25 am

The new Marriott Rewards site is essentially unusable because you can't see what continent/ country/ city most of the events are in unless you click into each of them in turn. Whoever designed the site obviously never had any intention of using it themselves. These areas where Marriott is pointlessly degrading the legacy SPG experience are even more annoying than the areas which they're doing deliberately.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 8:35 pm

Programs: SPG-Plat, AA-Gold, DL-Plat
There’s an SPG moment in Atlanta that the bidding ends on Sept 13 and the event is Sept 23. Currently, no one had bid on it. What’s the likelihood someone will bid on it last minute?

in asking because I would like to book tickets and hotel, but I’m hesitant because I don’t want to Atlanta if I don’t win the bid

thanks in advance for the advice
Old Sep 1, 2018, 8:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond. SPG Plat. Marriott Plat.
Most bids are last minute. I’d expect it to go higher as it’s a golf event
Old Sep 1, 2018, 8:43 pm

Are the SPG Moment suite offers at MSG coming to an end? I don't see anything after the end of Sept???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.