Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

"Taste of Gold/Platinum" promotion and Platinum challenge [Merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 27, 2016, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mediator
Taste of Gold/Platinum
You are given gold/platinum status for 90 days, and you must complete a certain number of nights/stays to retain that status for the remainder of the year plus the following year. This promotion is targeted only.

Road to Gold/Platinum (a.k.a. Gold/Platinum Challenge)
Currently, this will allow you to move up one level with a shortened stay criteria. You have 90 days to complete 6/9 stays to receive Gold/Platinum status. If you do no qualify, you are eligible to start another challenge one year and one day after the 90th day of the challenge you just did. When you sign up, the MR CSR should tell you the date you are eligible to do another challenge.

FAQ

Q: What qualifies as a stay?
A: One paid night at a Marriott-brand (including Ritz-Carlton Hotels) hotel. Cash+points rate does not qualify. SPG hotels does not qualify (as of 03/2017). Some exclusions may apply, someone please help fill this in.

Q: Can I simply book multiple, consecutive one-night stays at the same hotel?
A: No.

Q: Can I jump between multiple Marriotts in the area?
A: Yes. As long as you book at least one night at each property. Special care must be taken if the Marriott properties are next to each other. They may share the same back-office. While you may book one night at each property on consecutive nights, which should count as two stays, it may only count as one stay. A call to Marriott Rewards should split them up correctly.

Q: Can I book multiple nights at different properties for the same night to get multiple stay credits?
A: No. Regardless how many different places you book for the same night, it all counts as one stay.

Q: Can I sign up for both Gold and Platinum Challenges at the same time?
A: No. Only one challenge per year.

Q: I'm Silver, can I do the Platinum challenge?
A: No. This is only a one-level promotion. You are only eligible for the Gold challenge.

Q: Can a non-elite do the Gold Challenge
A: No. Must be Silver.

Q: I just completed my 6th/9th stay. When should I see my new status?
A: Good job! Your new status should appear after your 6th/9th stay posts to your account.

Q: Can I book a meeting to get a stay credit?
A: No. You will only receive 10 night credits, not a stay credit.
Print Wikipost

"Taste of Gold/Platinum" promotion and Platinum challenge [Merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2018, 4:15 pm

Programs: JL JGP (OWE), NH SFC (*G), Mariott Titanium
Completed the plat challenge back in April this year, and now my status is finally adjusted back to PP. Very happy to see this change before I hit my stay tomorrow
Old Aug 23, 2018, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jaycis
I was in the same boat as most of you, having completed a Platinum status challenge in July but not receiving PP after the merge.<br /><br />Well earlier today I logged in and noticed that my account status was finally adjusted to PP, so hopefully that gives the rest of you some hope.<br />I did upload a screenshot onto imgur, but unfortunately I can't link it since I'm currently under 5 posts...<br /><br />They must be doing this in batches, so I'd give it a bit more time if your status hasn't been updated yet. No more need to write to the AG
Good for you.

I completed mine the first week of July, although the challenge period is not ended until around this time in August. Just checked, still Plat Elite.

EDIT
I am using the web. On the side bar indeed the status has changed to PP but on the main screen it remains Plat Elite only.
I wonder if the blogger who forwarded a reader's letter to me detailed how bitter he was when he was offered to do a challenge when he fell below after being a Plat for 5 or 6 years, and now being told he would only be Plat elite and only good till Jan 2019, has made some difference. The link is in my post 2817 a few up on the thread if anyone is interested to check it out.

I just hope the new status STICKS. as many were given Plat with their old Gold were from their AMEX plat cards. That new Plat status stayed on their accounts for a good 2 days and now they were back to where they should have been.

Let's hope ours is the genuine update issues that have caused the delay. Until this stays in the weeks to come, I would not say it is for real just yet.

Last edited by Happy; Aug 23, 2018 at 5:22 pm
Old Aug 23, 2018, 4:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Happy
I completed mine the first week of July, although the challenge period is not ended until around this time in August.<br /><br />Just checked, still Plat Elite. I am using the web. On the side bar indeed the status has changed to PP but on the main screen it remains Plat Elite only.
I completed challenge in April 2017. Still showing as Plat on App and website.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
Same here. Completed challenge in July 2017. Still showing as Plat. Sent a twitter message to Marriott to inquire but no response.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pointsifu
Same here. Completed challenge in July 2017. Still showing as Plat. Sent a twitter message to Marriott to inquire but no response.
You mean 2018 or 2017?

Mine is completed in July 2018.

Check the SIDE BAR on the right when you log in your account on the web.

The PP is only shown on the Side Bar, but it still is Plat only on the Home screen or anywhere on the main screen. It only shows PP on the Side Bar - that seems to be more accurate based on experiences last Sunday when a supervisor corrected something for me - I did not see anywhere on the main screen but the Side Bar showed updated info.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 5:44 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
You mean 2018 or 2017?
I mean what I said. 2017. Challenged status achieved after January 31, 2017 is good through 2018.
Check the SIDE BAR on the right when you log in your account on the web.
Platinum.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 6:06 pm

I mean what I said. 2017. Challenged status achieved after January 31, 2017 is good through 2018.

Platinum.
I mean 2017, as well. Also seeing Platinum Elite in side bar and main page.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 7:25 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Marriott Titanium, KF Gold
UPDATE:
Platinum Premie on Marriott

​​​​​​Platinum on SPG
Old Aug 23, 2018, 7:31 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Is the upgrade to PP happening automatically or do we have to combine MR & SPG accounts and wait a few days for status to change?
Old Aug 23, 2018, 7:45 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Marriott Titanium, KF Gold
Originally Posted by navatwal
Is the upgrade to PP happening automatically or do we have to combine MR & SPG accounts and wait a few days for status to change?
automatic
Old Aug 23, 2018, 8:03 pm

Programs: NH Platinum; UA Silver; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist
The PP is only shown on the Side Bar, but it still is Plat only on the Home screen or anywhere on the main screen. It only shows PP on the Side Bar - that seems to be more accurate based on experiences last Sunday when a supervisor corrected something for me - I did not see anywhere on the main screen but the Side Bar showed updated info.
FWIW, my PP is showing on all screens: Overview screen, sidebar, app, etc. The color of the ring surrounding my avatar is also slightly different compared to just Platinum (I think it's a lighter shade of gray?).

Originally Posted by navatwal
Automatically. I never contacted anyone about this issue (I was originally going to sit tight and give it a few more weeks before complaining). My MR and SPG accounts are still separate. My SPG account still shows only Platinum, which is fully expected because only MR Platinum is supposed to map to PP.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 8:05 pm

Just checked my account and now I'm PP. I do wonder when the status expires though.... Jan 2020?
Old Aug 24, 2018, 12:00 am

Programs: AA LTP, UA, DL, HH, Marriott/SPG

Platinum.
same here - still showing plat- not PP. Completed plat challenge Sept 2017.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 12:39 am

Programs: Marriott TITANIUM, BWR Dia, IHG, Millemiglia Alitalia
Originally Posted by tawcan
Just checked my account and now I'm PP. I do wonder when the status expires though.... Jan 2020?
I completed Plat Challenge in May 2018 and they wrote me that status will expire in Jan 2020.
They should comply with that.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 12:49 am

Originally Posted by tawcan
Depends on when you earned it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.