Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Méridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Le Méridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2014, 9:14 pm

Programs: IC Amb, Marriott Silver, KF Silver, MPC Silver
Originally Posted by bigjim
Thank you! planning on a few massages.
Haha, we did the same because they had this amazing deal on for 1.5hrs of pampering for some really low price, so we went back twice in a trip of 4 days. But I suspect this promotion was almost entirely due to the fact that we went in September, the most dreary and wet season.
Old Jan 18, 2014, 7:15 pm

Location: Washington D.C. via Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C. via Boston via New York
We're thinking of doing the plunge pool on points it was 14.5k per night, if we used our SNA's any change of getting upgraded to the private villas? I'm thinking not, we asked about the pool villa and it was 24k I think a night, we're running very low on points or else we would do that...
Old Feb 7, 2014, 3:13 am

Programs: VA Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by remymartin
I saw an article today which I believe was from travel+leisure which had a code to book this property for 3 nts at a pool plunge suite for 7999++ per night. I'll dig it up if anyone's interested.
Yes please, if you still have it and it's still valid .

I am keen on a plunge pool villa, hopefully code will work for that.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 3:45 am

Programs: OW Emerald SPG Platinum/Lifetime Gold
duplicate post

Last edited by postular; Feb 7, 2014 at 3:47 am Reason: duplicate
Old Feb 7, 2014, 3:46 am

Originally Posted by bigjim
I did. I'm asking for advice on if there is a particular one that is better than others and how are the other activities at the hotel or recommended ones off property.
I would just stay away from the oceanfront suites at either end (one next to the main pool and at the other end of the beach next to another property that tends to produce noise).
Old Feb 7, 2014, 3:48 am

Originally Posted by macdonaldj2
We're thinking of doing the plunge pool on points it was 14.5k per night, if we used our SNA's any change of getting upgraded to the private villas? I'm thinking not, we asked about the pool villa and it was 24k I think a night, we're running very low on points or else we would do that...
I think it's definitely worth using the extra points if you can manage it.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 4:48 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by Downunder girl
Yes please, if you still have it and it's still valid .

I am keen on a plunge pool villa, hopefully code will work for that.
Here you go

http://www.travelandleisureasia.com/...koh_samui.html
Old Feb 7, 2014, 7:09 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
Le Méridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa, Thailand

thanks for the link but I don't see this promotion on spg or any code ?
Old Feb 7, 2014, 10:52 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by cln
thanks for the link but I don't see this promotion on spg or any code ?
I see it on the offers page of the SPG hotel website link.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 6:19 am

Programs: VA Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by remymartin
Thank you

Are all their bathrooms outside/open air? Or do they also have indoor bathrooms?
Old Feb 23, 2014, 11:43 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Has anybody promo codes for discount? And I read different stories about upgrades. I'm gold, so any chance when booking a terrace and getting plundge pool?

I find the rates quite high, for the fact that Thailand should be a destination that's 'cheap'. At least from The Netherlands. I'm trying to book beginning of May, and it's still easily $ 220,- a night taxes incl.
Old Feb 23, 2014, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by kevinflyaway
Has anybody promo codes for discount? And I read different stories about upgrades. I'm gold, so any chance when booking a terrace and getting plundge pool?

I find the rates quite high, for the fact that Thailand should be a destination that's 'cheap'. At least from The Netherlands. I'm trying to book beginning of May, and it's still easily $ 220,- a night taxes incl.
try a BRG I got last week of may for 185.

If you want a 5* western hotel in the major vacation spots in Thailand then expect to past min 200. Thailand is cheap if you don't want western amenities/comfort and eat outside of the hotels.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 6:37 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
For this reason I think this forum is A+++

I just read the whole thread and now no longer want a Pool Access Suite. Thanks for the heads up ^

If you could stay at the Vana Belle for THB1500 more a night, would it really be worth the money?
Old Mar 3, 2014, 10:20 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Delta Platinum
We are on property right now. Booked room with points, SNA cleared and upgraded to oceanfront villa for 5000 baht a night. We don't plan on leaving the room, except for breakfast. Service has been impeccable. Breakfast was killer for such a relatively small property. Even though they are close to capacity, it feels almost like we have the whole property to ourselves. Not sure I would be keen on staying in any of the other rooms on property the villas are incredible.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 10:40 pm

Programs: BA GLD for LIfe, AA PLT 2 MM miler, B6 Mosaic, Star GLD; HH Diamond; Marriott PLT, IHG Plat
My wife and I spent a fabulous 5 days here in late January. The basic room (booked on points). We didn't spend a lot of time in the room, so it was fine. The service was absolutely superb. The managers and pretty much all of the staff we were in touch with were warm and some were proactively helpful. We kayaked every day, swam, went down the road for massages at $10 to $15 per person, ate at local restaurants for lunch and dinner but had the very nice buffet breakfast at the hotel for lunch. We felt relaxed and are planning to head back there with our young adult kids.

What is SNA?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.