Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Méridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Le Méridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2012, 10:58 am

Programs: LH SEN , UA 1K, SPG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Silver, GHA Black
Platinum

I am heading to the resort in 2 weeks. Any updates on how SPG Platinum members are treated (upgrade, etc).

Thanks in advance!!!
Old Sep 4, 2012, 8:08 pm

Programs: LAN, AA, SPG
Originally Posted by UA 100K
I am heading to the resort in 2 weeks. Any updates on how SPG Platinum members are treated (upgrade, etc).

Thanks in advance!!!
Unfortunately as this is a rather small property which has been in SPG less than a year it doesn't get much love here at FT but it seems like a very well run property. I'm assuming you already know that the "beach" is really more of a shallow lagoon and so won't be surprised and disappointed by that (they are doing regular shuttles to a good beach just five minutes away though).
Old Sep 5, 2012, 1:22 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite
I have been there just 2 weeks ago. I just my SNA to upgrade to a pool access suite. As far as I know, this is the standard upgrade for plats - upgrade to villas can be made by using additional cash or points. Breakfast is free for plats as well as one drink per person per day at the bar. We also received a fruit plate as well as some local sweets at the day of arriving.

Resort is really nice and Tina (the GM) is amazing. She has been around each morning at breakfast, talking to guest and giving you tips what to do, etc. We rented a scooter for the whole time to be more flexible (going to other beaches, dinner, etc.). Tina also recommended us some great hidden beaches, about 30 min away with the scooter.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 11:27 am

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Originally Posted by zemb
Resort is really nice and Tina (the GM) is amazing. She has been around each morning at breakfast, talking to guest and giving you tips what to do, etc. We rented a scooter for the whole time to be more flexible (going to other beaches, dinner, etc.). Tina also recommended us some great hidden beaches, about 30 min away with the scooter.
I totally agree on Tina.

If you are lucky, you might get a better upgrade.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 9:11 pm

Programs: LH SEN , UA 1K, SPG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Silver, GHA Black
Originally Posted by UASPG
I totally agree on Tina.

If you are lucky, you might get a better upgrade.
Does anyone has the email contacts for the GM? I have some issues with the reservation and would like to contact her directly.

thanks
Old Sep 11, 2012, 11:18 pm

I was there 2 weeks ago too and yes I got an upgrade to a Pool Access Suite. Be warned that it really is small - you basically have a room that fits a canopy+king bed, a desk and about a metre of space around the bed on both sides. You get a deck with a day bed about the same size, and a bathroom+shower which felt bigger than the room :P. I pulled the day bed mattress into the room and it fit just nicely between the wall and the king bed - they kindly made it up for me with a sheet and gave me a blanket.

So we managed to squeeze 2A+2C (young). It was actually very nice and cosy. I peeked into the Plunge Pool Suite which seems to be one tier down - the "deck" part is smaller with a shorter day bed, but it is air conditioned.

I read a lot about Tina but didn't see her during my one breakfast there. I liked the resort. Not much of a beach as they said - water is less than a metre deep even 3-400m away from shore. But actually not as bad as many of the tripadvisor reviews made it sound.

Last edited by travelswithmyself; Sep 26, 2012 at 8:06 pm
Old Nov 25, 2012, 3:00 am

Programs: QF LTS, Marriott LTP, ALL GOLD
I'm staying there next week and just had an email asking if I wanted to pay THB 3561 to upgrade to a Pool Access Suite for my stay.

I replied that hopefully as a plat member this might be offered complimentary if a room was available.
Old Feb 9, 2013, 4:03 am

Programs: KL Platinum
Le Méridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa, Thailand

I'm at the property now. Beautiful place, but I was quite disappointed by the check in process. Complete lack of platinum recognition, even if I handed out the spg card. The staff said I'm gold. And kindly explained to me the price for breakfast... After pointing out the mistake, she corrected the breakfast part, but told me no upgrade is available, and added that however the room is very nice. Not quite so, it's in fact not even a spg preferred room.
I'm quite surprised because a few days ago the platinum concierge confirmed that they sent a message to the hotel about my reservation - so somewhere there's a glitch in the system.
It's a real pity because so far the spg properties in Thailand have been wonderful, but this one has let me down.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 2:39 am

I saw several people ask about the upgraded fee. I just booked the basic room on points. I inquired about paying for an upgrade and received the following prices. I hope this helps.

THB2,374 net per night your stay will be enhanced with luxurious upgrade to Plunge Pool Suite. These suites (50sq.m.) have an internal private plunge pool with Jacuzzi, living area adjoining the bedroom with a day lounge and open air bathroom
THB3,561 net per night $122 your stay will be enhanced with luxurious upgrade to Pool Access Suite. These suites (50sq.m.) adjoin a shared pool with a limited number of suites having access to. An external living area with lounge or day beds and large. All rooms are air conditioned with a king or twin size bed and open bathroom with large rain shower and open air bathroom with a large bath tub.
THB9,496 net per night your stay will be enhanced with luxurious upgrade to Pavilion Pool Villa with the size double the suite room currently booked for, plus a private pool, external living area, and external bath tub in a pavilion villa style, not to mention luxury amenities including Nespresso coffee machine
THB18,992 net per night your stay will be enhanced to the Ocean Front Pool Villa with the limitless of ocean view, This free-standing villa feature an open air sala, air-conditioned sitting room , sumptuous double sun loungers and private ocean view facing an infinity lap pool.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 5:42 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Originally Posted by kryswithak
I saw several people ask about the upgraded fee. I just booked the basic room on points. I inquired about paying for an upgrade and received the following prices. I hope this helps.

THB2,374 net per night your stay will be enhanced with luxurious upgrade to Plunge Pool Suite. These suites (50sq.m.) have an internal private plunge pool with Jacuzzi, living area adjoining the bedroom with a day lounge and open air bathroom
THB3,561 net per night $122 your stay will be enhanced with luxurious upgrade to Pool Access Suite. These suites (50sq.m.) adjoin a shared pool with a limited number of suites having access to. An external living area with lounge or day beds and large. All rooms are air conditioned with a king or twin size bed and open bathroom with large rain shower and open air bathroom with a large bath tub.
THB9,496 net per night your stay will be enhanced with luxurious upgrade to Pavilion Pool Villa with the size double the suite room currently booked for, plus a private pool, external living area, and external bath tub in a pavilion villa style, not to mention luxury amenities including Nespresso coffee machine
THB18,992 net per night your stay will be enhanced to the Ocean Front Pool Villa with the limitless of ocean view, This free-standing villa feature an open air sala, air-conditioned sitting room , sumptuous double sun loungers and private ocean view facing an infinity lap pool.
Plat member will be upgraded to pool access suite, if available, with no cost, right?

Honestly, im not impressed by their rooms (all type of suites) at all.

Will give Vana Belle a try this april.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 7:33 am

Programs: SPG LTP, HH D
Originally Posted by RichardKopf
The one closest to the main pool will be noisy at night. Your bathroom would be on the other side of the wall from the pool showers and the band will be heard, along with any noisy diners. On the other hand, this villa has no common wall with another.

Take mosquito repellent. The outdoor bathroom is a successful bloodsuckers' haven.
Do the villas or even the Pool Access Suites have an indoor bathtub/shower in addition to the outdoor rainforest shower?
Old Mar 23, 2013, 8:19 am

Programs: SPG plat 75, HH Gold
Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident

Honestly, im not impressed by their rooms (all type of suites) at all.
Agreed. There is a distinct lack of privacy in all non-villa suites. As a LeMeridien fan it pains me to say this . . . but LMKS is not a place I would stay again.

On a positive note, I found the staff to be consistent with other LM properties - cordial and attentive.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 10:26 am

Programs: UA (1MM); SPG Plat
Came to Samui for one night. Never been to Samui, so just wanted to check out the island first. Anyhow, checked in around 10:30am, and then saw fellow plane passengers entering one by one (about four other groups from the same plane arriving from BKK). Anyhow, waited for a short while and the room was readied. Was "upgraded" to the pool access "suite". It is quite small and not private at all. You can see your neighbors and other guest happening to take pictures standing on "my" patio. I get the layout since I happened to stop by Chawan beach and looked at some of the beach bungalows. I think I would prefer a "terrace" suite. Breakfast at Latest Recipe was blah. The food offerings were comparable to ones received in a club lounge. No comparison to the two LMs in Bangkok; although the ocean view is quite nice.

Hate the numerous stairs; up to the lobby area and then down to the rooms. Why?
Old Jun 28, 2013, 7:20 pm

Smile best layout for family of 4

We have 2 primary school kids. We are platinum. When we get an upgrade at all other starwood hotels, one kid sleeps on the couch (never have had a problem at any starwood for bringing extra bedding), and one kid sleeps in the king with us. As a side note, some properties will even offer to set up a free rollaway when we check in. In reading this thread, I'm confused whether there is even a couch area that is air conditioned or inside. As we will be splitting our time at another island, and as there are other SW properties in Koh Samui, am trying to figure out whether this hotel is suited for us.

Also, can anyone share about the free boat to the other beach? How often does it run? Are there umbrellas or loungers at the other beach, or do you just bring your beach towel. Are there free kayaks, and is the trip to the other beach something easy, such that one adult and one child can fit in the kayaks? (or 2 adults and 2 kids?)
Old Jun 28, 2013, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by sfgirl3
We have 2 primary school kids. We are platinum. When we get an upgrade at all other starwood hotels, one kid sleeps on the couch (never have had a problem at any starwood for bringing extra bedding), and one kid sleeps in the king with us. As a side note, some properties will even offer to set up a free rollaway when we check in. In reading this thread, I'm confused whether there is even a couch area that is air conditioned or inside. As we will be splitting our time at another island, and as there are other SW properties in Koh Samui, am trying to figure out whether this hotel is suited for us.

In the Pool Access suite, there is a large canopy king bed occupying the centre of the room. On either side you have approx 1.25m of space - one side is the desk and the other the wall of the bathroom.

You can pull in the cushions of the daybed which is in the open air landing outside the room, and lay it in that space - it fits just nicely. They will make it up as a bed with bedsheet and pillows upon request.

This was ~ 1 year ago.

Last edited by travelswithmyself; Jun 29, 2013 at 5:04 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.