Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Méridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2011, 7:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist

With the Le Meridien Koh Samui opening in just a few days, I'm looking forward to hearing about everyone's experience with the property. I've booked five nights there as part of my honeymoon in 6/2012 and I want to make sure it was a good choice or find something else. Thanks!
Old Sep 28, 2011, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Congratulations! Another source to check for reviews as folks start staying there is Tripadvisor.com

If by some chance the reviews make you decide not to stay there, there is no shortage of other great hotels in Thailand. Within Starwood, for instance, Le Meridien Khao Lak is great (though perhaps less intimate than LMKS) and the soon-to-be-opened Naka Island property looks very nice.

Last edited by Thunderroad; Sep 28, 2011 at 11:42 am
Old Oct 1, 2011, 9:10 pm

Location: Washington D.C. via Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C. via Boston via New York
I just booked a 4 night stay in late November if we end up staying there I'll write up a nice review with some pictures for you and everyone else
Old Oct 3, 2011, 1:13 am
Used to be RichardKopf

Programs: SPG LTP/IHG Pl/Hilton D/Shang-Taj D/VA Plat/QFClub/Hertz Pres/Avis Pres
Originally Posted by Thunderroad
(though perhaps less intimate than LMKS)
I enjoyed inspecting LMKS a month ago, but even though it doesn't have many rooms, it didn't feel intimate, at all. Maybe my opinion will change after a stay. I've booked a villa for the first week of Jan. and will report.

Looking forward to opinions before that, especially on how well they Starwoodize the employees of an independent hotel.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Thank you so much, Mac & Richard. I really appreciate it.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This property lists all rooms as suites. Does Platinum upgrade apply to any of the room/suite types?
Old Oct 20, 2011, 10:33 am

Programs: LH SEN , UA 1K, SPG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Silver, GHA Black
Does anyone know how many rooms it has? Start thinking to go there instead of The Andaman as it less travel time from Bangkok. Any idea about Plat treatment?
Old Oct 20, 2011, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UA 100K
Does anyone know how many rooms it has? Start thinking to go there instead of The Andaman as it less travel time from Bangkok. Any idea about Plat treatment?
It only has 77 units. Rather small.

Officially, all units are considered as suites and none are eligible for Platinum upgrades. Very little information available since it was only rebranded on September 30th. I may be the first FTer to stay there next week. I hope the staffs are familiar with SPG program.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 4:21 am
Used to be RichardKopf

Programs: SPG LTP/IHG Pl/Hilton D/Shang-Taj D/VA Plat/QFClub/Hertz Pres/Avis Pres
Originally Posted by TerryK
It only has 77 units. Rather small.

Officially, all units are considered as suites and none are eligible for Platinum upgrades. Very little information available since it was only rebranded on September 30th. I may be the first FTer to stay there next week. I hope the staffs are familiar with SPG program.
Actually, a few of us FTers inspected the property in early Sep. The DOSM has since sent an email confirming the plats may be upgraded to plunge pool 'suites'.

They say it's all suite, but the Terrace, Verandah and Plunge Pool 'suites' don't really feel like suites. The pool access, pool villa and oceanfront pool villa are great. I think you can expect an upgrade to, at least, a Plunge Pool, but these rooms may feel constrained to some, due to the small pool between the bedroom and bathroom.

Great time to stay, though - Starpicks rate for sale until today for 2999+++
Old Oct 21, 2011, 11:13 am

Location: Washington D.C. via Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C. via Boston via New York
so no hope of a pool villa?
Old Oct 21, 2011, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RichardKopf
Actually, a few of us FTers inspected the property in early Sep. The DOSM has since sent an email confirming the plats may be upgraded to plunge pool 'suites'....
Looks like I was given erroneous information by SPG online chat. Will report back next week.
Old Oct 22, 2011, 6:06 am
Used to be RichardKopf

Originally Posted by TerryK
Looks like I was given erroneous information by SPG online chat. Will report back next week.
Here's an excerpt from the email regarding plat benefits. Looks like if they're not busy, you could do even better:

"We are in the process of finalizing the cash and cash + point upgrade options for room categories.

Currently, SPG Platinum Guests, based on availability will receive upgrade to Terrace Suite, Pool Access Suite or Plunge Pool Suite.
They will also receive one of our signature VIP welcome amenities on their arrival day and complimentary WiFi in the privacy of their guest room."
Old Oct 23, 2011, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by RichardKopf
Here's an excerpt from the email regarding plat benefits. Looks like if they're not busy, you could do even better:

"We are in the process of finalizing the cash and cash + point upgrade options for room categories.

Currently, SPG Platinum Guests, based on availability will receive upgrade to Terrace Suite, Pool Access Suite or Plunge Pool Suite.
They will also receive one of our signature VIP welcome amenities on their arrival day and complimentary WiFi in the privacy of their guest room."
From reading room descriptions for the dates I was looking WiFi is free for anyone booking a room? I'm still crossing my fingers for the pool villa, but I won't hold my breath
Old Oct 24, 2011, 1:06 am
Used to be RichardKopf

Originally Posted by macdonaldj2
From reading room descriptions for the dates I was looking WiFi is free for anyone booking a room? I'm still crossing my fingers for the pool villa, but I won't hold my breath
Good luck, and please let us know about the service and food outlet.
Old Nov 13, 2011, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is a great addition to Le Meridien brand.^

Platinums are be upgraded to Pool Access Suite, if available. No upgrades to villas but you can pay a supplement to upgrade at check in. They have a matrix with category assigned and villa supplements. The good news is that you can get a substantial discount from villa rates; the bad news is that no free upgrades to villas.

Pool Access Suites are very nice with direct pool access from the veranda. However, it has absolutely no privacy as many Pool Access Suites are clustered around a large pool. Some may prefer Plunge Pool Suites with its own little private pool. Plats also receive breakfasts and free evening drinks.^

Overall, a great Le Meridien resort. Service is up to usual Le Meridien standard, but it won't be confused with nearby W Retreat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.