Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Platinum arrival gift [Merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum arrival gift [Merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2004, 8:48 am

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Last week I asked for the $100 after not being offered the arrival gift at the Marriott Irvine. This adds to the $100 I received from both the Chicago Renaissance and some other Marriott in the northeast (I can't remember). I also got $25 at a Fairfield Inn near Philly for not being offered a gift there ($25 is their limit, not $100). Otherwise, I'm just as happy to receive the arrival gift when it is offered, be it the Sam Adam's and fruit plate, or the 500 pts.
Old Sep 11, 2004, 5:09 pm
DJ

Programs: MR-Virgin Plat Prem
Don't Let Them Off so Easily!

Ladies and Gentlemen if, by chance you weren't offered or didn't receive your Plat. arrival gift, DON'T by any means let it go aside! Demand your $100 compensation rights from the GM or office manager! Marriott Corp. make billions of $$$ off loyal members so to give back such a minute amount is inconsequential (?? spelling). Requiring or requesting your RIGHTFUL compensation is only fair moreso as a Platinum or Gold member. Never do I nor have I let this right go aside as a 6yr. consecutive Plat. fellow. I'm not a cheapie but go by the allowances Marriott has put forth in their loyalty offers and guarantees.

^
Old Sep 11, 2004, 7:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, United Silver
Just before checking out from a recent 2-day stay at a Fairfield Inn, I realized that I didn't receive my Platinum gift. Since this was the first time it had ever occurred, I wasn't quite up on the procedure or compensation. I called the Platinum hotline, explained the situation, and asked for advice. The rep on the other end confirmed that I was due $25, and she asked me if I would like her to take of it for me. I said sure!

She put me on hold for a minute. When she returned, she informed me that she contacted the hotel, and the money would be ready for me when I checked out. Sure enough there was an envelope with $25 cash waiting for me plus the gift I should have received.

I've always had great support from the hotline. Way to go! ^
Old Sep 20, 2004, 8:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: AirTran Elite, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Platinum
Platinum Arrival Gift, Courtyard Guarantee Amount?

As is typical, the Marriott website appears to provide just enough information to tell me what I already know:
We guarantee you will receive a gift on the day of arrival at any Marriott hotel, except Marriott Vacation Club International and Horizons by Marriott Vacation Club. If we fail to deliver, we'll give you a cash reimbursement. (Reimbursement varies by hotel brand.)
So how much am I supposed to get at Coutyard? I can't find it anywhere on Marriott's website. I'm in the first night of a 4 night stay and I got nothing at check in (not even a nice little elite key card). So, I'm hoping to cash in on $100, but it might be less... the website don't say. What experience have y'all had at courtyards?
Old Sep 20, 2004, 8:37 pm

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by Leftover Meatloaf
As is typical, the Marriott website appears to provide just enough information to tell me what I already know:

So how much am I supposed to get at Coutyard? I can't find it anywhere on Marriott's website. I'm in the first night of a 4 night stay and I got nothing at check in (not even a nice little elite key card). So, I'm hoping to cash in on $100, but it might be less... the website don't say. What experience have y'all had at courtyards?
$50.00
Old Sep 25, 2004, 8:59 am

Programs: Marriott LTT, United Club Life Member, UA *S
JW Marriott Las Vegas

We checked into the JW Marriott Las Vegas Resort on 9/10 about 12:30pm. Part of the checkin was selecting a Platinum Welcome Gift (cheese/fruit/wine). We went to the room, did a quick unpack, and headed for the pool. Returned to the room at 2:30pm - no welcome gift. Showered and left the room about 2:55pm. Stopped at the desk to inquire about the welcome gift. Manager came out, called Room Service (who said it was delivered at 1:55pm - not to our room it wasn't...), then hemmed-and-hawed for 5 minutes before handing over the $100. He should have been a lot more gracious about it.

The welcome gift was there when we returned that evening.

(At about 2:45pm, an engineer arrived to "fix the toilet". We didn't have a problem with our toilet. Perhaps the room with a toilet problem received our welcome gift....)
Old Sep 25, 2004, 2:23 pm

Programs: UA 2P, AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by Annandaler
(At about 2:45pm, an engineer arrived to "fix the toilet". We didn't have a problem with our toilet. Perhaps the room with a toilet problem received our welcome gift....)
Or Room Service ate your gift while in your room and tried to flush the evidence down the toilet thus causing it to be clogged...
Old Oct 1, 2004, 5:10 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Question 500 platinum arrival gift points did not post.

OK,

My 500 Platinum arrival gift points did not post to my account.
The Base plus 30% did.

I will obviously get these credited to my account.

The question is.

Is this considered "not receiving a Platinum arrival gift" and therefore subject to the $100.00 Platinum arival guarantee?

I see this as they "front desk" failed to credit my account.
This failure is the same as not bringing up ice cream if I had selected it insted of points.

Any thoughts?

I will even take a bonus buck which is win/win
Old Oct 1, 2004, 5:52 pm

You're not the first to suggest this:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...0+amenity+post
Old Oct 1, 2004, 5:58 pm

The problem I see is in the T+C . You must request compensation while a guest at the property before checkout.

Of course, the points post 1 week later.

This does not change the fact that the front desk dropped the ball.

I think compensation is due.
Old Oct 1, 2004, 6:21 pm

Programs: UA MM, Hilton-Dia
I have tried pursuing compensation for the arrival bonus points not posting. Mind you, I gave them every chance. After several emails and promises it would post, it still did not post afer a month. Having wasted time and bandwitdh pursuing this, I got exasperated and fired of a letter to the Platinum Desk and the hotel general manager.

Got an apology and a promise to send out the check. Another month goes by, the check never arrives. Another letter sent by me again. At this point, I am a little weary. All this effort for 500 points and/or $100. Not worth it. This time, more apologies and a personal assurance check is sent out. I am still waiting for it. They were, however, very nice and sincere about their apologies and I did finally get the 500 points posted plus another 500 points extra for the inconvenience. I am not holding my breath for the $100 check.

Marriott Atlanta Alpharetta.

Last edited by tide; Oct 1, 2004 at 6:22 pm Reason: Made a mistake with hotel name: I originally wrote Hilton Atlanta Alpharetta. LOL.
Old Oct 12, 2004, 8:21 pm

It just happened again.

My base and 30% bonus points posted and my 500 arrival gift points did not.

The thing is that I am staying at this hotel this week and will ask in person for the $100.00 payout in the morning.

I will post the results.
Old Oct 12, 2004, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by rebadc
It just happened again.

My base and 30% bonus points posted and my 500 arrival gift points did not.

The thing is that I am staying at this hotel this week and will ask in person for the $100.00 payout in the morning.

I will post the results.
"If a member believes that compensation is due with respect to any aspect of the Elite Benefits Guarantee, he/she must request payment of the compensation while still a guest at the hotel, prior to checking out. Failure to request such payment prior to check out will result in a complete waiver of any right to receive such compensation."

Agreed, a bit of a catch-22, but those are the rules.

I go through my stays every 6 months or so and always find one or two stays at both Marriott and SPG that have not posted the PLT amenity. It's never taken more than a quick email to the Platinum support email address.

And no, it never entered my mind to ask for "compensation"
Old Oct 13, 2004, 8:53 am

Marriott Concierge, please jump in at any time. Thanks.
Old Oct 13, 2004, 4:25 pm
Company Representative - Marriott Concierge

Originally Posted by rebadc
OK,

My 500 Platinum arrival gift points did not post to my account.
The Base plus 30% did.

I will obviously get these credited to my account.

The question is.

Is this considered "not receiving a Platinum arrival gift" and therefore subject to the $100.00 Platinum arival guarantee?
rebadc,

The Service Guarantee only applies to the arrival gift - not the 500 point option. This is why the benefit specifies that you must inform the hotel prior to check out. That way they will have the opportunity to correct the mistake or give the compensation.

If you choose the 500 points in lieu of the gift and they do not post with the stay, it is recommended to call or email Marriott Guest Services. They would be more than happy to make the necessary adjustment to your stay(s).

I hope this clears up any confusion.

Thanks!

Chris

Last edited by Marriott Concierge; Oct 14, 2004 at 3:26 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.