Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Platinum arrival gift [Merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum arrival gift [Merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2003, 4:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Or they need to take away the promises made if they don't expect to live up to them. Or they could expand on them and say that every guest gets $1,000 per stay. It sounds like they don't live up to their current committments, so why not really pour it on.
Old Sep 14, 2003, 4:52 pm

Location: SAN Diego (Hillcrest); formerly LEXington, KY; still like the nym
Programs: DL Platinum; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; married to Hilton Elite
Perhaps I was not clear. My minor point is that we often got a whole lot more amenities back in the bad old days before everything was "codified".

So now we not only do not get super specially treated, we don't even get what we are promissed. It was stupid to promise too much, and trying to force franchisees to follow middle management promisses just makes them evasive.

Be polite and minimally assertive. It will get you more in the long run.

Old Sep 18, 2003, 4:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Any update on this matter?
Old Sep 29, 2003, 11:52 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA MM Lifetime Gold, BA Silver
hi,
sorry for the long delay on updating this ...
i've actually been on travel from 29 aug till now 29 sept. a long haul indeed.
anyway, there has been absolutely no further response from marriott about this issue. i suppose i should write them another letter, but i'm tired of writing to marriott. i'm just simply not going to stay with them any longer.
Old Sep 29, 2003, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
I hope no one is surprised. Status quo (I had a similar experience) and that's why I haven't stepped foot in a Marriott for four months. That's about 90 hotel nights they've missed out on (so far) because of issues just like this.
Old Sep 29, 2003, 3:34 pm

Thank you, LexPassenger, for the proper perspective.

It amazes me how many people will spend untold amounts of time and effort to get their due entitlement -- the shiny apple at check-in, the uncomfortable seat in row 11 in lieu of the equally uncomfortable one in row 16, the 22' x 18' room with a view of the highway that's an upgrade from the 18' x 22' one with a view of the rail yards.

To me, my time simply isn't worth the aggravation of pursuing my guaranteed (but undelivered) bonnes choses.

As Shakespeare said, it's the fool who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.

(OK, maybe it wasn't Shakespeare, so sue me.)
Old Sep 29, 2003, 5:38 pm

I'd write the letter myself...and I would include a print out of this thread to them as well.
Old Oct 1, 2003, 9:40 am

Programs: Co Plat - Marriott Plat
I agree with printing out your reservation. I checked into the Brisbane AU Marriott a few weeks ago, not only did my reward number disapear from the reservation, but the date was changed by one day. I had printed out the confirmation e-mail from marriott.com and handed it to the front desk. They said "Oh, we must have messed up your reservation". I don't understand how they can do that unless someone goes into the reservation and makes a change. No big deal- they did have a room for me and upgarded me after I showed them my plat rewards card.

This was a reward stay booked on marriott.com.
Old Oct 4, 2003, 4:10 am

Programs: NW/Plat, Sheraton/Plat, Marriott/Plat, Emerald Exec Elite
Bravo, Wideman!!!! By jove, I think you,ve got it!
Old Jul 15, 2004, 5:13 am

What "Guaranteed Platinum Arrival Gift"?

Hi -

Read at the MRewards website that Platinum status holders get a gift/amenity upon check-in. Kinda curious what this freebie actually means? Free in-house movie? Drinks at the bar? etc etc etc. MMM ... the mind wonders, has anyone here gotten one before? Do tell. Thanks.
Old Jul 15, 2004, 5:23 am

Good Eats

It depends on what class of hotel it is. If it is a full service Marriott, you get a drink and a snack. Drink choice includes chardonay or merlot, bottle water or juice. Snack choice includes ice cream, nuts, or something else (can't remember). Sometimes this varies slightly depending on the hotel.

At the lower class properties (i.e. residence inn, courtyard, fairfield, etc.) usually it is some type of cookies waiting for you in your room and a bottle of water.
Old Jul 15, 2004, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
As a "Platinum for a Day" * at the PDX Courtyard, I received a package of Mothers chocolate chip cookies and a bottle of water.

* - I'm a Silver, but there was a Platinum Welcome Gift sheet with the above items in my room. I guess I won a prize (or checking in at 10:30PM helped).
Old Jul 15, 2004, 10:09 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, United Silver
At the full service properties you also get the choice of 500 points. I usually take the points when I'm alone. My family appreciates the treats, so when I'm with them Mrs Boltor and I split the half bottle of wine and the kids get ice cream.

Two years ago, we stayed 3 nights at the Philadelphia Marriott (downtown). They gave us the Platinum gift each of the 3 nights. We've stayed since and it hasn't happenned again.
Old Jul 15, 2004, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I stay at the same Fairfield Inn every week. 80 nights so far this year.

When I check in, I get at least the water and the Famous Amos cookies; often, there's another set waiting for me in the room.

Since I like microwave popcorn, if I ask for that they'll give it to me, too. Yesterday, I got two popcorns, the regular stuff, and they brought a microwave up to my room. They would have given me a 'fridge, too if I wanted it.

They will be upgrading the property (new owners) and they've been telling me about the jacuzzi room, suites, etc. I said that, according to the rules, I won't get a suite. They told me that it was up to the individual property. As she said: "You're here 100 nights or more a year. What'ya think we're gonna do, put you in the basement?"

It's good to be a platinum.
Old Jul 15, 2004, 12:48 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Avis Rock Star
I am dying to get back to Marriotts. Enough nights in Hiltons this year (the same one 60+) and it gets me bupkus. Only decent upgrade was Waldorf Astoria, and did get a free beer once.
Heck, used to get bottled water every night, now it's only the check in day (if it's before they make the rounds, if not, forget it).

Geez, even the CY's pack of Milanos and water seem heavenly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.