Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Platinum arrival gift [Merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum arrival gift [Merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2004, 2:33 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
[QUOTE=BigLar] I said that, according to the rules, I won't get a suite.
QUOTE]

The rules don't say you won't get a suite. The rules simply say that you are not entitled to a suite as part of the rules of the program. There is a real difference between those two concepts as many of us plats have found. Since the new rules went into effect, I've received more suite upgrades than under the old rules when I was, arguably, entitled to an available suite.
Old Jul 15, 2004, 5:12 pm

The treats invariably are delivered by room service after I've retired, so I now take the extra points.
Old Jul 15, 2004, 10:18 pm
glg

I've recently been getting a small pack of Milano cookies (4) and a bottle of water.

Oh yeah. At a CY.
Old Aug 4, 2004, 10:32 am

Programs: OnePass
Gift on Rewards Stays?

Does anyone know if you get the arrival gift on Rewards stays in the US? I thought you did but a co-worker of mine said he did not have an arrival gift on his Rewards stay when he made Plat.
Old Aug 4, 2004, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by SpottyDog
Does anyone know if you get the arrival gift on Rewards stays in the US? I thought you did but a co-worker of mine said he did not have an arrival gift on his Rewards stay when he made Plat.
Reward stays receive the same PLT treatment.
Old Aug 4, 2004, 10:52 am
glg

I had a one night award stay weekend before last and was given an arrival gift.
Old Aug 4, 2004, 5:04 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum;Delta 2MM;Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite;Hertz 5*
I was at a Chicago Marriott last week and ordered up items off the Plat gift card. It arriver in 45 min after I made a call asking where it was after 30 min. The manager called me and said I was due $100 because it arriver more that 30 min of ordering it. I said that was unnecessary and asked why it was late. I was told that a new person on their first day took the order and transposed my room number and it went to the wrong room. Call be stupid but I rejected the money as I felt sorry for the new person. I still think it was the right thing to do.We all make mistakes.
Old Aug 4, 2004, 6:49 pm

I take the points and pass up the room service delivery. Too many deliveries came after lights out.
Old Sep 9, 2004, 5:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Hi there. Am at AMS Marriott & didn't get the platinum gift. I'm here for a week (at 395E/night!) Should I give them another chance to deliver it or just ask for the $100?

Sharon

PS - They bollocked up my first day here (yest); will write about that in a bit, but have to run to convention center. Cheers. Will check this when I get back.
Old Sep 9, 2004, 5:57 am

Actually I am 100% for recieving the PLT gift card. I am not 100% for actually recieving the points.

I have been 10% for recieving the food and drink options.

Dan
Old Sep 9, 2004, 6:52 am

How about a location that proffers a double Platinum gift?

Checked into the Curacao Resort back in early August and was given a card to fill out that had insructions to make one choice from each of two columns.

First column had the usual wine-soft drink/food combinations choices and ice cream along with the 500 point option.

Second column included ice cream, fruit, juices, liquers, other snack combinations.

Chose the 500 points from "column A" and Curacao liquers (which turned out to be three 2 ounce samplers in three colors.

We were also automatically upgraded to an ocean front (from an ocean view) room.

PS - The stay prior to that one was at the LaGuardia Marriott - gift offered (500 points chosen) but no room upgrade (they apeared to be packed and it was only one night, so no big deal.)

Just last week checked into the Farmington Marriott Hartford for three nights. Was told that we had been pre-booked into a Concierge Room and were asked to make the gift choice. Since we were hungry we chose soft drinks and cheese. Wiithin `15 minutes of arriving at our room, Room Service delivered 3 Pepsi Colas, chilled Boursin cheese and crackers (which we devoured ravenously).
Old Sep 9, 2004, 7:01 am

Programs: Ex Marriot Platinum, CO Gold
Are they supposed to offer you a platinum gift at a residence inn?
Old Sep 9, 2004, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by eduboys
Are they supposed to offer you a platinum gift at a residence inn?
Yes, but you do not have a choice as to what you get.
It normally will be placed in the suite prior to check-in as it is bad form to hand it across the desk a C/I.
Usually cookies and water or something of that nature.
Old Sep 9, 2004, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by rahmanbar
How about a location that proffers a double Platinum gift?

Checked into the Curacao Resort back in early August and was given a card to fill out that had insructions to make one choice from each of two columns.

First column had the usual wine-soft drink/food combinations choices and ice cream along with the 500 point option.

Second column included ice cream, fruit, juices, liquers, other snack combinations.

Chose the 500 points from "column A" and Curacao liquers (which turned out to be three 2 ounce samplers in three colors.

We were also automatically upgraded to an ocean front (from an ocean view) room.
I've also had much better luck at Carribean Marriotts on award stays - Grand Cayman I was put in a top floor, corner, ocean view and got ice cream and drinks on arrival. St. Kitts I got a 2-room suite, overlooking the pool with an ocean view and a nice basket of local fruit.
Old Sep 9, 2004, 8:38 am

Programs: Former DL Plat - 1 MM, CO Infinite Plat, MRT PLT
I got $100 from the Dallas Solana property without even asking for it. Great hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.