Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa, Dubai [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 12, 2018, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Concierge email address: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa, Dubai [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2022, 4:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by Dn10
I'd definitely recommend Al Maha. Bora Bora's St Regis has had some mixed reviews here because it's getting quite old.
Would love to fit in a stay at Al Maha before the devaluation but I don't see that I'll be able to make it prior to next year April or May which isn't going to be bookable for awhile. I hope the points rates don't go completely crazy come March.
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 10:37 pm

Programs: MAR Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by joecool1885
See you're at St. Regis Maldives now after W.A. Curious to see if your opinion holds after W.A (I wasn't impressed with St Regis in comparison with 3 other Maldives resorts I've been to).

I've got a reservation at Al Maha for May, but havent booked the flights yet. After your review Im really considering keeping it and getting flights booked.

Only other place Id ever want to stay with Marriott is St. Regis Bora Bora, but I know I won't be able to get there before the deval.
Hello, I need to spend more nights at the StR to have a firm view but so far my wife and I think the WA is net-net better with its larger size of island, generous size of villa pools, speed boat transfer and marine life for snorkeling etc.

The Al Maha is just different one from those reports in the Maldives but gun to my head, I will not hesistate to choose the Al Maha amongst those three.
joecool1885 likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 1:22 am

Originally Posted by friedablass
Would love to fit in a stay at Al Maha before the devaluation but I don't see that I'll be able to make it prior to next year April or May which isn't going to be bookable for awhile. I hope the points rates don't go completely crazy come March.
It will be interesting to see! I think we can be sure it’s one of the 3% moving directly to dynamic pricing next week.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 1:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
There is still a cap of 130k in Bonvoy for 2022. Full dynamic pricing is 2023.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 2:03 am

Originally Posted by Raffles
There is still a cap of 130k in Bonvoy for 2022. Full dynamic pricing is 2023.
That would certainly make this a little less painful. Was the 130k cap included in an announcement somewhere? I only recall that 97% of their properties will continue to be priced somewhere between their off-peak and peak rates, but I don't recall seeing a 130k figure.
friedablass likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 8:40 am

I think the 130k cap was announced recently. Surprisingly, the Al Maha is only increasing to the 120k cap for the rest of 2022 instead of 130k.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 11:58 pm

Hello, I'm new here! I'm considering a stay at the Al Maha in December, and was wondering if I just stay one night, when would I get my activities? - on the day of check in, or the day of check out? Or can I split to do one afternoon activity on the day I check in, and one on the morning of check out? What are check in and check out times? Thanks so much!
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 1:44 am

Originally Posted by danc1
Hello, I'm new here! I'm considering a stay at the Al Maha in December, and was wondering if I just stay one night, when would I get my activities? - on the day of check in, or the day of check out? Or can I split to do one afternoon activity on the day I check in, and one on the morning of check out? What are check in and check out times? Thanks so much!
I believe you can choose when you wish to take your activities, and lunch (day of arrival or departure)
Old Mar 5, 2022, 2:10 am

Programs: BA Gold
we went for one night. It was timed to perfection. We arrived at midday. You can have lunch while you wait for your room. Luckily ours was ready. We did the camel ride / sundowners that evening - then dinner. the following morning we got up and did the bird of prey activity. It was worth getting up early, watching the sun rise and the balloons across the desert. Then we had a workout/swim before a gorgeous breakfast and left at 1 . Ideally you’d do min 2 nights but 24hours definitely works. Highly recommend.
Fims, friedablass and wb2020 like this.
Old Mar 6, 2022, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by CaroFos
we went for one night. It was timed to perfection. We arrived at midday. You can have lunch while you wait for your room. Luckily ours was ready. We did the camel ride / sundowners that evening - then dinner. the following morning we got up and did the bird of prey activity. It was worth getting up early, watching the sun rise and the balloons across the desert. Then we had a workout/swim before a gorgeous breakfast and left at 1 . Ideally you’d do min 2 nights but 24hours definitely works. Highly recommend.
Thank you this is so helpful!!
CaroFos and wb2020 like this.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 12:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
I would recommend 2-3 days but a single day is doable as well. My wife & I stayed here for 3 nights recently but another friend who was traveling with us only stayed for a day. We did the falcon show just before sunset, followed by the camel rides & dinner. Next day he left after breakfast.
wb2020 likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 2:01 am

Programs: British Airways Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Delta Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium, Singapore Krisflyer Gold
Thanks for the timely question and advice on 24 hour stays! We have one scheduled for next week, so long as no COVID-related surprises occur.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 8:42 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Question for folks who stayed for 5 nights (looking at doing a points redemption before devaluation) - did you get bored, or the activities and food and pool occupied you nicely?

Anyone know what is their cancellation policy on points redemption?
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 10:02 am
TBD

Programs: All The Programs
There are activities, of course, but most of the time I spent relaxing at my pool. I suppose some might find that boring after a few days....
Old Mar 10, 2022, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by kumarshah
Question for folks who stayed for 5 nights (looking at doing a points redemption before devaluation) - did you get bored, or the activities and food and pool occupied you nicely?

Anyone know what is their cancellation policy on points redemption?
I enjoyed it. Did archery in the mornings, an occasional mid-day activity, and then the sundowners camel ride and champagne at night, with a lot of relaxing at the pool during the day. If you get bored easily it might not be for you, but if you want a pretty high end relaxation experience there aren't many better places in my mind.
luvFclass likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.