Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa, Dubai [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 12, 2018, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Concierge email address: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa, Dubai [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2019, 9:43 am
Suspended

how was Amx FHR benefit for this hotel now? 4 pm check out for sure?

as I heard points redemption usually does not allow any let check out even for platinum. How was the FHR experience comparing to points redemption with status?
Old Apr 23, 2019, 10:53 am

Anyone know if they offer any honeymoon perks?
Old Apr 23, 2019, 12:34 pm

How frequently do you go into Dubai for the attractions versus staying at the resort property? Would like to do a few days here, but figure I'd be going downtown to the malls etc and wonder if it's worth just staying downtown.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by Dn10
How frequently do you go into Dubai for the attractions versus staying at the resort property? Would like to do a few days here, but figure I'd be going downtown to the malls etc and wonder if it's worth just staying downtown.
This property is over an hour from the main business, shopping, and leisure districts of Dubai. It would make much more sense to split your stay as you have noted, spending some time at the resort and some time in the city.

Frankly I have no idea what attracts people to this property, as it strikes me as a gilded prison, but to each their own, and I am clearly in the minority!

(Now sit back and wait for the flames to come in )
Old Apr 23, 2019, 10:29 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
As mentioned, you do not want to go downtown when staying at the resort. If you want both, then split your hotel stays between Al Maha and somewhere either downtown or at least around the city (e.g. Marina).

As to why people might like the “prison” - it’s a luxury 5* all inclusive where you have your own tented villa and private pool overlooking a nature reserve. It’s hardly the worst way to spend a day or two.
arlflyer likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 6:27 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
As to why people might like the “prison” - it’s a luxury 5* all inclusive where you have your own tented villa and private pool overlooking a nature reserve. It’s hardly the worst way to spend a day or two.
But five nights? I suppose you could get a good tan laying by the pool in the hot Dubai sun.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by itravelalot
But five nights? I suppose you could get a good tan laying by the pool in the hot Dubai sun.
That's fair. It does seem like a good 2 night hotel with another couple nights downtown / on the Palm.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 7:33 am

That's fair. It does seem like a good 2 night hotel with another couple nights downtown / on the Palm.
Highly agreed! So much to do in Dubai. And sun and pools are not in short supply anywhere, you can be assured...
Old Apr 29, 2019, 10:59 pm

What are the best rooms on the property? I was going to email the property with a request.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by rp88
What are the best rooms on the property? I was going to email the property with a request.
there are no "best" rooms, just rooms that are closer to the reception which requires a shorter walk to the dining/meeting areas for activity. every suite pretty much has the same view of the desert, not too drastically different and all of them are private where you won't hear or see your neighbor if you're in your "backyard"

the bigger suites essentially are all for family. you could ask them to put you closest to the reception, I think we were in suite 14 or something which was one of the first suites from the reception
Old May 8, 2019, 7:30 am

Thanks for posting the activity list countingmiles.
Did anyone try the desert drive?
Was it worth the extra money (270 AED)?
Old May 8, 2019, 8:59 am

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia
Originally Posted by agjil
Thanks for posting the activity list countingmiles.
Did anyone try the desert drive?
Was it worth the extra money (270 AED)?
For sure-- it was the highlight of our visit.
margarita girl likes this.
Old May 8, 2019, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by ps9a
For sure-- it was the highlight of our visit.
Great, I will have to try it then.
Thanks for the comment!
Old May 9, 2019, 10:26 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
I'd say desert drive and archery are the best two activities but ours was included. Its a short drive for 270AED
Old May 10, 2019, 8:51 am

Anyone lumped this in after 5 days in the Maldives? Wondering if it makes sense to keep the luxury secluded resort theme going, or if you'd be dying to not eat at the hotel and have some real entertainment

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.