Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa, Dubai [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 12, 2018, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Concierge email address: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa, Dubai [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2019, 11:05 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Originally Posted by rstidolph
Dates are there, just not showing availability yet. Other hotels in Dubai are showing availability but not at Al Maha. Starting to think that they just wait longer to be in the system.
If that’s the case, it will be a HUGE LOSS for Marriott.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 9:01 am

Programs: UA Global Services, TSA Pre✓, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
To DXB

Can anyone reccomend third party services to transfer to to Dubai they have used recenty? I'm staying at the Intercontinental Dubai Marina and they quoted me AED 500.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 9:05 am
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Originally Posted by BA_Jfan
Can anyone reccomend third party services to transfer to to Dubai they have used recenty? I'm staying at the Intercontinental Dubai Marina and they quoted me AED 500.
Groundlink worked out ok although the poor driver was sent 1.5 hours earlier than the pick up was planned and ended up waiting (at my previous Dubai hotel)
Old Nov 26, 2019, 8:46 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Was just able to do my two night award booking for next November. 1st night is 85,000. 2nd night is 100,000.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 8:04 pm

Programs: HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, Accor, CX, BA

i used https://airportstaxitransfers.com which was recommended by this thread, a careem car arrived on time and without any issue.

for Dubai > Al maha, just ask hotel to call a taxi for you
CaroFos likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 12:39 am

Programs: A3*, HH, club carlson: all gold and bonvoy plat
Originally Posted by kcl0203
i used https://airportstaxitransfers.com which was recommended by this thread, a careem car arrived on time and without any issue.

for Dubai > Al maha, just ask hotel to call a taxi for you
Thanks for sharing!

Do you know or does someone know, if the careem app works to order a car on the spot ?
Old Nov 27, 2019, 12:46 am

Programs: A3*, HH, club carlson: all gold and bonvoy plat
Originally Posted by Artemio
Thanks for sharing!

Do you know or does someone know, if the careem app works to order a car on the spot ?
I should think a bit before writing. So I just opened the app to find out that the resort is a region which is NOT available in the app.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 2:10 am

taxi is cheaper than careem in most of the case (and it accepts credit card)

There is no taxi, uber and careem service from Al maha because the resort is located in restricted area and the resort is in the middle of nowhere.
You must reserve your own transportation in advance or resort will arrange expensive 4x4 car to you.

For your information, i paid AED143 for regular taxi (from Four Seasons Dubai DIFC to Al Maha) and USD55 for private pickup (from Al Maha to Dubai airport) - June 2019.
3rdworldresident likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 2:57 am

Programs: Star Gold, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, EY Silver
I used welcomepickups.com last month between Dubai and Al Maha and service and price both fantastic.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 7:03 am

Programs: UA Global Services, TSA Pre✓, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum

Originally Posted by kcl0203
taxi is cheaper than careem in most of the case (and it accepts credit card)

There is no taxi, uber and careem service from Al maha because the resort is located in restricted area and the resort is in the middle of nowhere.
You must reserve your own transportation in advance or resort will arrange expensive 4x4 car to you.

For your information, i paid AED143 for regular taxi (from Four Seasons Dubai DIFC to Al Maha) and USD55 for private pickup (from Al Maha to Dubai airport) - June 2019.
What service did you use for that? Al Maha quoted me AED 340 to the Dubai Marina IC.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 2:41 am

What service did you use for that? Al Maha quoted me AED 340 to the Dubai Marina IC.
https://airportstaxitransfers.com/tr...-Dubai-Airport
Old Nov 29, 2019, 2:56 am
Formerly known as Stephenk19

Programs: Free Agent
Hi All,

My wife and I stayed at the Al Maha for two nights in early November. All in all we had a wonderful stay and no complaints. Out of the lodge, experiences and food - we enjoyed the food most of all - did not have one bad item during our time there.

Some pictures from our stay: https://www.thetravelingexpats.com/r...ort-spa-dubai/
Old Nov 29, 2019, 7:57 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by Steve_19
Reading your report brings back memory. Seems that they did not change the menu too much. However I did notice that the rangers (at least for the falconary activity) are the same as those I had earlier this year. Still see that it is famous with the Chinese/Asian group.
I will be going back (most probably for the last time) late Jan next year at the old rates.

Cheers!
Old Nov 29, 2019, 12:35 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Just checked in for a 2-night stay.

all in all, it’s even better than the st. regis maldives to me.

food, service, staff are truly exceptional. activities are ok. (just did wildlife drive and sundowner for today)

I found the price of extra are reasonable, not too pricey. will do the spa tomorrow.

one data point: i paid 177.50 AED for a regular taxi from W dubai - the palm to Al Maha. The road is very good and easy to drive, except after the gate of Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve. normal compact car will be fine driving here. Next time, i will do it myself.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 9:38 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Checking in in a few days. Are there any "bad" rooms I should be aware of, in case I get assigned one at check-in? Thinking something like a room that directly faces another room or the backside of a building. Also, are there any Plat room upgrades to get excited about, or are all rooms more or less the same?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.