Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa, Dubai [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 12, 2018, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Concierge email address: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa, Dubai [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2019, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by mpeterson78
All of my points redemptions now have the exact same language as the above screenshot, so it's probably something happening on the back end. I don't think Al Maha would be dumb enough to play the full board/room only games anymore after the backlash they got.
Hopefully this would be the case. I have emailed the hotel to reconfirm full board. I'll keep the thread updated once I hear anything back.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 6:39 pm

I show the exact same, new language on my reservation.

I emailed the hotel as well to confirm. I have a confirmation from my ambassador from a few weeks ago stating that full board and two activities would be included, so I don’t see how they can back away from this, but it’s still worth confirming.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by Traveler56789
I show the exact same, new language on my reservation.

I emailed the hotel as well to confirm. I have a confirmation from my ambassador from a few weeks ago stating that full board and two activities would be included, so I don’t see how they can back away from this, but it’s still worth confirming.
Hotel responded and confirmed that my reservation still includes 3 meals and 2 activities per day.
Tonyliulu likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 6:22 am

Programs: CX SL, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton HHonors Diamond
looking for 2 nights of award availability but don't see any in 2020 for say jan or february, is it normal? Is it better if I call in to get a booking done?
Old Feb 23, 2019, 9:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta GM, Marriott Platinum Premier
Originally Posted by btang
looking for 2 nights of award availability but don't see any in 2020 for say jan or february, is it normal? Is it better if I call in to get a booking done?
I'm running into the same problem, I wonder if they are blocking standard room availability on purpose until March 5th?
Old Feb 24, 2019, 6:14 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by creditcardgeek
I'm running into the same problem, I wonder if they are blocking standard room availability on purpose until March 5th?
I've cancelled my reservation for 5 nights in January as I can no longer stay 5 nights and hoped to re-book straight away a shorter spell of 2 nights within the same date range and it does not seem possible.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 11:25 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta GM, Marriott Platinum Premier
Originally Posted by Eyelash
I've cancelled my reservation for 5 nights in January as I can no longer stay 5 nights and hoped to re-book straight away a shorter spell of 2 nights within the same date range and it does not seem possible.
Yep, I think this is what the hotel is doing. I did a few sample dates and am finding that (for this example: a one night stay on October 16th) where the 1 bedroom suite is available as a "deal/package" but is not available at the standard rate which stops it from being redeemable with a points booking.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 11:54 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Aeroplan 75K
Will going to Dubai and staying at the Al Maha resort in the last week of May be too hot? I am thinking about staying 5 nights, but a little worried that end of May might not be the best time to visit (due to Ramadan and the summer heat).
Old Feb 26, 2019, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Pentech
Will going to Dubai and staying at the Al Maha resort in the last week of May be too hot? I am thinking about staying 5 nights, but a little worried that end of May might not be the best time to visit (due to Ramadan and the summer heat).
1) Very Hot.

2) 2 nights are more than adequate to enjoy the property and the activities.

Unless you plan to stay indoor during day time and just cool down in AC or submerge in the small plunge pool as your activities, not sure how you can kill time for 5 nights. If you read back this thread and a tad of research you would know even for honeymooners 5 nights are way too much. Dont count on you can make a daily trek to Dubai either. The round trip time spend on the road would be 3 hours or more in very borning landscape, fyi.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Eyelash
You should have called Marriott CS to shorten the stay to 2 nights instead of an outright cancellation. A competent CS could do that. At a minimum s/he could contact the property and got that done.

Online is not always a better approach.

Personally I think those who thought they could not give up the 5th night free would wound up finding they are back to a wall if they want to make it a more reasonable 2 nighter. That is about the right time to spend at this property and the location,
Old Feb 26, 2019, 11:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Pentech
i have been here in may & it does get very hot during the day....the evenings are very pleasant though & we sat out every night for dinner & shisha....

ramadan will not make a difference but the heat will hamper your activities during the day....also, 5 nights is way too much....the most i would spend here are 3 nights....
Old Feb 28, 2019, 6:24 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat Amb
Staying at Al Maha now and really adore it. I booked it thru SPG before Marriott merger so got all inclusive. My question is if anyone know a reasonable transportation from here to Abu Dhabi Ritz Carlton. Hotel wanted to book it for $186. Maybe I souuldn’t cmplain but the cab from Dubai (which s an 45 min- 1 hour closer) was $38 I believe. I’d appreciate suggestions!
Old Feb 28, 2019, 11:28 am

Has anyone been able to confirm if award bookings done in the past month are indeed full board? I just reached out to Marriott via Facebook Messenger and was told that my points cover room and tax but does not include meals. I booked on February 17 when it was showing award bookings were full board.

Does anyone have a different contact I can reach out to about this?

Thanks!

Last edited by jlh16; Feb 28, 2019 at 11:36 am
Old Feb 28, 2019, 12:39 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, DL 1MM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by konaflyer
Staying at Al Maha now and really adore it. I booked it thru SPG before Marriott merger so got all inclusive. My question is if anyone know a reasonable transportation from here to Abu Dhabi Ritz Carlton. Hotel wanted to book it for $186. Maybe I souuldn’t cmplain but the cab from Dubai (which s an 45 min- 1 hour closer) was $38 I believe. I’d appreciate suggestions!
rideways.com or holidaytaxis.com?
Old Feb 28, 2019, 1:24 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Aeroplan 75K
Originally Posted by Happy
1) Very Hot.

2) 2 nights are more than adequate to enjoy the property and the activities.

Unless you plan to stay indoor during day time and just cool down in AC or submerge in the small plunge pool as your activities, not sure how you can kill time for 5 nights. If you read back this thread and a tad of research you would know even for honeymooners 5 nights are way too much. Dont count on you can make a daily trek to Dubai either. The round trip time spend on the road would be 3 hours or more in very borning landscape, fyi.
Originally Posted by Keyser
i have been here in may & it does get very hot during the day....the evenings are very pleasant though & we sat out every night for dinner & shisha....

ramadan will not make a difference but the heat will hamper your activities during the day....also, 5 nights is way too much....the most i would spend here are 3 nights....
Thanks for the feedback! I'll most likely rebook for another time of the year and shorten the stay to 3 days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.