Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points Munich Arabellapark (formerly Sheraton Munich), Germany [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Points Munich Arabellapark (formerly Sheraton Munich), Germany [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2014, 1:21 pm

Programs: LH LT SEN, Bonvoy Titanium (former SPG Plat) + LTP
Originally Posted by Forstbetrieb
Not even a hot soup like the years before?

BTW: if your suite is on the tenth floor and no WC / 00 ... NICE!!!
no, really nothing hot
Old Jan 4, 2014, 1:38 pm

Programs: EX²-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Originally Posted by Flygirl_DE
no, really nothing hot
Not good!!!
Old Jan 4, 2014, 1:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
We must speak about it. The management should know that we cannot tolerate the new "no food" policy. Instead we want the hotel to implement a "no bathrobe" policy.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 4:36 am

Programs: LH LT SEN, Bonvoy Titanium (former SPG Plat) + LTP
Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan
We must speak about it. The management should know that we cannot tolerate the new "no food" policy. Instead we want the hotel to implement a "no bathrobe" policy.
The hotel should think about both: no bathrobes in the lounge and hot food in the evenings
Old Jan 5, 2014, 4:53 am

Programs: LT Marriott Gold, Velocity Gold, Accor Gold
I hope that everyone is putting their complaints in writing. I did so after my recent stay and let them know how unsatisfactory the catering was. Did not see anyone in the lounge in a robe. The food options were awful, catering looked like it was done by a bunch of frat boys.

I managed to serve myself wine. If I had of waited for service I would have gone thirsty. Some visitors were fallen all over by staff, others like myself seemed to be on the ignore list. Only interaction was when they wanted to know the room number.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 5:00 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
While there was neither anybody in a bathrobe nor any hot food, the catering was actually very nice. Lots of good options during the day. My biggest complaint would be that the food serving area is very narrow which leads to traffic jams during busy periods.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 1:24 pm

Programs: LH HON, AMEX Plat, Avis Pres, Sixt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton G, Priority G, Hyatt Plat,Kempinski PC
Can confirm the bathrobes for today. Yes, not hot food but cold food of much better quaility than before. Staff just ignores everyone. The traffic jam at the buffet is anoying. Also, everything is very messy and dirty. Average train station waiting hall has nicer atmosphere than this place. Four Points Olympiapark has definately much nicer atmosphere...
Old May 18, 2014, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Any updates on what the lounge breakfast offering is here? I currently have a stay booked but have considered changing to the Sheraton Westpark (I know what their breakfast is like).
Old Jun 18, 2014, 8:35 am

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
Run down hotel. Needs updating and cleaning.

Minimal SPG gold bennies.

Good food.

Apparently has apartments with permanent residents in addition to hotel rooms? Weird.

Green points program not functioning - failed 3 of 4 days......had to beg for my coupon twice and did not clean my room the day I wanted it (and no coupon!). Do not offer it if you cannot administer it.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 10:43 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by dilbertsdaddy
Apparently has apartments with permanent residents in addition to hotel rooms? Weird.
The hotel is only 40% of the building, the rest is an apartment complex, a hospital and various doctors offices. It belongs to the Schörghuber group: http://www.sug-munich.com/en/business-units/hotels.html
Old Jul 29, 2014, 8:41 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Put up relatives at the Sheraton last weekend and have a few things to report:

Golds get 250 points, free internet or a beverage at the bar. This is was told only upon checkout, after I asked. Fine with me, happy with the 250 points. No room upgrade to club level or anything similar, didn't get the city view.

Plats get club access of upto 3 persons per room as a standard benefit, automatic upgrade to suite offered for one room in the reservation. 500 points offered at checkin, didn't ask what the alternatives were.

We paid 69.30€/night, so got good value for money. ^

The façade of the lower 3-5 floor is currently being redone, so the building is fenced in. Some construction noise during the day.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 1:31 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Apparently they (as well as the Westin next door) are transitioning into emptying all the minibars . I was in two different rooms during this stay, first a suite, then a regular room on the 21st floor - the suite still had stuff in the minibar, the regular room didn't. Takes 25 minutes to get some beverages .

How and why they do this wasn't explained to me, but apparently there have been a lot of complaints already (rightly so).
Old Nov 1, 2014, 3:30 am

Programs: EX²-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
As platinum you also can get breakfast downstairs in the restaurant without using the 500 points.
Even there the breakfast is nothing to write home about. Schinken tastes as Paprikalyoner. BTW there was no Paprikalyoner. In my suite the minibar is full stocked. No bathrobe was seen in the lounge so far. No warm / hot dishes in the evening in the lounge.
Old Nov 1, 2014, 8:49 am

And you have to go to the spa if you want to go to WC / 00 when you are in the lounge and your room is on another floor...
Old Jun 16, 2017, 12:29 am

Programs: ex-SPG Platinum, Marriott LG, *G United
Staying here this weekend. Nice pool, no hot food in the lounge in the evenings. Suite upgrade.

No platinum welcome gift?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.