Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points Munich Arabellapark (formerly Sheraton Munich), Germany [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Points Munich Arabellapark (formerly Sheraton Munich), Germany [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2012, 7:26 am
Suspended

Thanks very much Flygirl_ DE

Now, I just have to choose between the Westin Grand Club rooms and the Sheraton Club rooms! I am leaning towards the Westin as they are supposedly larger and apparently were refurbished in the past couple of years, as opposed to the very recent refurb of the Sheraton, but whose rooms are smaller.

As a Gold member with no expectation of an upgrde, I am soliciiting comments from all who read this as to which I should choose because the cost in points is exactly the same.

Many thanks,

NJ
Old Sep 9, 2012, 8:14 am

Both Westin and Sheraton rooms were last refurbished around 2008/2009.
The sheraton just refurbished its lobby.
The westin single room is the same size as the double rooms but with smaller bathroom (only tube no separate shower)
Overall the westin rooms are larger but do not have a balcony (except garden wing rooms in the westin). But not all sheraton rooms have a balcony you can access.

The lounge in the westin is much bigger and modern,drinks are self service vs. sheraton with service but slow. Both do not serve spirits for free.

Club rooms are nothing special in both, differences in westin are the nespresso machine, higher floor and club access. Shraton club rooms do not have nespresso machine.
For the same price I would go with the Westin.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 4:14 am
Suspended

Thanks, Charder! I'm extremely likely to go with that choice, as well, given they are the same cost in points.

Many thanks,

NJ

Of course, in the unlikely event that a Marriott or IHG or Hilton property open up for the day that I am there, I will have to contemplate them respectively, but I don't anticipate this happening. This is why one should always have some SPG points on hand!
Old Sep 10, 2012, 6:26 am

Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP
Stayed here as a plat in April and was given a suite upgrade. The room was pretty nice and the club lounge served hot food like fish. There was also an attendant who would pour free beer on tap. The journey was quite simple from Munich airport and only involved changing to the subway at the Main train station. It's a 5-10 min walk from the arabellapark station to the hotel
Old Sep 10, 2012, 5:47 pm
Suspended

Thanks, Jamman!

Jamman and Charder,

do you think that the additional 1,500 points for Club access is worth it for the club and its offerings and I assume free beer, or better to keep the 1,500 points and just get a room -- I know you both have access as a Platinum, but if you did not, based upon your experiences with the Westin or Sheraton Clubs, do you think that it is a good buy with one's points?

I certainly would welcome others opining on this question!

Thanks,

NJ
Old Sep 10, 2012, 10:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
Thanks, Jamman!

Jamman and Charder,

do you think that the additional 1,500 points for Club access is worth it for the club and its offerings and I assume free beer, or better to keep the 1,500 points and just get a room -- I know you both have access as a Platinum, but if you did not, based upon your experiences with the Westin or Sheraton Clubs, do you think that it is a good buy with one's points?

I certainly would welcome others opining on this question!

Thanks,

NJ
1,500 points, I would value at $45 minimum, beer is usually around 5 euros in Munich, so if you were to down 7 beers, you would break even.

They have a nice selection of hot food and cold food (chips and salsa). The nice cold beer is worth it and you also get a nice balcony view of the surroundings in the Club Lounge.

I would totally do it if I were you .. Wish two people, you can easily down 3 beers each!

Not to mention, breakfast is also served in the club lounge
Old Sep 11, 2012, 6:15 am
Suspended

Thanks, Jamman. I was valuing it the same as well. I don't drink that much but since we are on an overnight flight, it would be nice to get in early, get some sleep and if I wake up head to the lounge for some snacks and beverages. Hope to hit the English Garden's Chinese Pavilion which I belive is nearby to get some of my beer fix, though.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 11:38 am

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, BA blue
I know both, the WESTIN is the better one. Room is better and the pool and spa area is very fine. The breakfast in the restaurant is much better too. You can order grilled Steaks etc.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 12:33 pm
Suspended

Thanks, Reiner, I will choose the Westin but as the breakfast in the restaurant is not included for Club Floor guests, it's the Club Lounge for me!
Old Sep 11, 2012, 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
Thanks, Reiner, I will choose the Westin but as the breakfast in the restaurant is not included for Club Floor guests, it's the Club Lounge for me!
my lounge review was for the Sheraton .., not sure about the Westin Good luck and have fun!
Old Sep 12, 2012, 5:40 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jammanxc
my lounge review was for the Sheraton .., not sure about the Westin Good luck and have fun!
I'm sure that it is at the very least similar to the Sheraton's offerings.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 1:35 am

Stayed in a club room, without balcony (platinum upgrade).

Here some pictures:
http://youhavebeenupgraded.boardinga...-arabellapark/

Last edited by youhavebeenupgraded; Mar 15, 2014 at 5:51 am
Old Mar 13, 2013, 5:55 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
Was about to book here for May but:

copy&paste from official website
-------------------
Service Restriction
Please note that due to the renovation of the Club Lounge the latter's services are not available from April 27 to September 8, 2013. Our Club Rooms are not bookable for the same period. Feel free to contact the hotel for further information. Thank you for your understanding.
--------------
Old May 9, 2013, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by cln
Was about to book here for May but:

copy&paste from official website
-------------------
Service Restriction
Please note that due to the renovation of the Club Lounge the latter's services are not available from April 27 to September 8, 2013. Our Club Rooms are not bookable for the same period. Feel free to contact the hotel for further information. Thank you for your understanding.
--------------
So are they doing breakfast in the restaurant for Plats?

Last edited by Hartmann; May 9, 2013 at 6:59 am
Old May 9, 2013, 1:17 pm

Programs: LH HON, AMEX Plat, Avis Pres, Sixt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton G, Priority G, Hyatt Plat,Kempinski PC
So is there any workaround for the missing lounge or do I have to cancel all upcoming stays during this time and move to another hotel?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.