Search
Old Sep 11, 2019, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ryandc99
Email contact at hotel: [email protected]
Official Grand Opening
November 1st, 2019

Room types
Overwater Pool Villa (10 sunrise, 9 sunset)
- Maximum occupancy 3 guests (2 adults and one child or 3 adults)
- 2519 sqft
Beach Pool Villa (13 sunrise, 3 sunset)
- 2669 sqft

Duplex Overwater Pool Villa (12 villas)
- 2949 sqft

Duplex Beach Pool Villa (13 villas)
- Maximum occupancy 5 guests (2 adults and 3 children or 5 adults)
- 3068 sqft

Royal Pool Villa (1 villa)

Offseason upgrades (as of September 2019)
From Overwater Pool Villa Sunrise to Sunset is additional, USD 182++ per night.
From Overwater Pool Villa Sunrise to Duplex Overwater Pool Villa is USD 546++ per night.
February 2020 upgrade price from Beach or OVW Sunrise to OVW Sunset USD 136++ per night.

Transportation

Seaplane - $600 per adult r/t
- JW Maldives has a seaplane lounge and will provide transportation to and from the MLE airport or hotel on Male.

Domestic flight w/ speedboat - $600 per adult r/t
- You can mix domestic flight one-way and seaplane one-way
- Domestic flight is currently to Ifuru Domestic Airport (70 min) and then a speedboat (50 min)
- Funadhoo Domestic Airport may be open by the end of 2019 cutting down the length of speedboat trip
- Domestic flight is the best option for those arriving after 3pm to MLE

Restaurants
Menus as of mid-October: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VarY3T33N_xWEdangWGkH6JztUU8sA8Y

Aailaa breakfast/lunch/dinner, 96 seats all-day dining restaurant
Fiamma Lunch, Italian pizza 20 seats
Kaashi Lunch, Treetop Thai restaurant 30 seats
Hashi Dinner, Japanese 24 seats (reservations required)
Shio Dinner, Modern grill 24 seats (reservations required)
Riha Dinner, Indian/Curry Pit 24 seats, under the stars (reservations required)
In-Villa Dining - breakfast/lunch/dinner
Fork & Drink - lunch/dinner, destination dining, they set up a table anywhere on the island?

Activities

Lounge 18 club house for adults w/ cigar room, billiards table, karaoke, board games, etc..
Pool 18 18 years+ pool
Horizon Pool
Little Griffins (Kids club/pool)
Open Air Cinema nightly movie
Photo studio
Print Wikipost

JW Maldives [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2019, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by VCURamFan
What is the plat discount on F&B here vs W?
20%. What's not confirmed is whether it applies to alcohol. Likely not...
Old Oct 23, 2019, 9:04 pm

Looking forward to your review

Originally Posted by Bearwithapassport
We had both booked and kept going back and forth between the two options, the W is obviously more established and you know what you are going to get, vs the JW is a bit more of a risk. We (my husband) is ambassador but we basically went in the with assumption that we would wouldn't get upgraded but would be happy if we did. The factors that made us pick JW are
1. Overwater bungalow at the lower points redemption rate (W it was beach villa)
2. New nice remodeled rooms (The rooms at W are starting to look a little bit dated from pics)
3. More food options at JW

We figured other things being equal (getting the Plat. Discount both places). trying a newer resort would be more exciting. I had initially been a little concerned with how the sea life is at the JW (One of the reasons we didn't pick SR) but after a few of the videos I saw posted on instagram, it looked nice. We figured we would take the risk and see what happens.
Yes, very much looking forward to your review. We too are trying to decide on JW or Westin. But have to decide by early December due to 60 day cancellation at JW.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 10:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador , Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Bearwithapassport
We had both booked and kept going back and forth between the two options, the W is obviously more established and you know what you are going to get, vs the JW is a bit more of a risk. We (my husband) is ambassador but we basically went in the with assumption that we would wouldn't get upgraded but would be happy if we did. The factors that made us pick JW are
1. Overwater bungalow at the lower points redemption rate (W it was beach villa)
2. New nice remodeled rooms (The rooms at W are starting to look a little bit dated from pics)
3. More food options at JW

We figured other things being equal (getting the Plat. Discount both places). trying a newer resort would be more exciting. I had initially been a little concerned with how the sea life is at the JW (One of the reasons we didn't pick SR) but after a few of the videos I saw posted on instagram, it looked nice. We figured we would take the risk and see what happens.

We have Conrad, St Regis and JW booked for Dec, cant wait

Decided to try JW instead of W basically for the same reason as you stated

JW will be the last property we visit so will be good comparison with Conrad and St Regis
Bearwithapassport likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 10:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by tkl1992
Yes, very much looking forward to your review. We too are trying to decide on JW or Westin. But have to decide by early December due to 60 day cancellation at JW.
Are you sure its 60 days? I'm assuming you are staying in February like us (because 60 days prior would be in December) but my reservation shows I have until 31 days prior to cancel.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 4:06 am

Originally Posted by friedablass
Are you sure its 60 days? I'm assuming you are staying in February like us (because 60 days prior would be in December) but my reservation shows I have until 31 days prior to cancel.

Since opening they've had various dates on the reservations. My first reservation, the day they started taking reservations, was 2 days prior. My current one is now 31 days.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 4:11 am

Originally Posted by Astrophsx
I think the final price after taxes and service charge was ~$110 at the St. Regis for a bottle of Absolute vokda that would probably sell for $15 in the store. The issue beyond the price of alcohol would be the price of mixers in the room. I believe a can of Pepsi at the St. Regis was $12 after taxes/fees. I assume that the other beverages that could be used as mixers were around the same price. We brought some pink lemonade to use as mixers. They were kind enough to bring us glasses and ice while sitting on the beach. Not sure if the JW offers anything similar to afternoon tea, but those could be free mixers as well if you are trying to go there on the cheap.
As of last October, yes. When they opened the vodka was $60++.

To contrast, the Westin this past February was $49++ for vodka. At $112++ the JW is just outright absurdly priced even by Maldives standards.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by tylerc
Since opening they've had various dates on the reservations. My first reservation, the day they started taking reservations, was 2 days prior. My current one is now 31 days.

Our reservation said 2 days prior too, but we were told by our Ambassador it wasn't accurate and it didn't show up that way on their side, it showed 30 days prior. She had us send a screenshot of it, not a big deal for us since we aren't cancelling, and I am sure if you fought it you would win as long as you have a screenshot of your cancellation on your side. Just an FYI
Old Oct 24, 2019, 11:57 am

Below is the hotel's response on Meal Plans. He mentioned that breakfast is the amenity for Plat. so I am not sure if these are standard rates or plat. above rates but see below
Meal Plan:

Half board (dinner): A supplement charge of USD 123++ per adult per night applies. Children between 9 – 14 years is charged at USD 62++ per child per night while children 8 years old and below can eat complimentary with choices from the kid’s menu.

Full board (lunch & dinner): A supplement charge of USD 172++ per adult per night applies. Children 9 – 14 years is charged at USD 86++ per night while children 8 years old and below can eat complimentary with choices from the kid’s menu.
  • Rates are per person per night subject to taxes and surcharges.
  • Meal plan excludes destination dining and beverages.
  • Meal plan is applicable to In-Villa Dining with a net surcharge of USD 20 per delivery.
  • Meal plan is applicable to: Aailaa, Fiamma and Kaashi restaurants (during designated meal service hours).
60% discount off the total food check if meal plan is utilized in Hashi and Shio.

Old Oct 24, 2019, 12:18 pm

How has their email communications been? Also, what is the price of their breakfast buffet?
Old Oct 24, 2019, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by davidrwu
How has their email communications been? Also, what is the price of their breakfast buffet?

Their communication has been pretty good. They respond fairly quickly, I think with a few things they took a little bit longer because they didn't have an answer yet. I can't seem to find a price for the breakfast buffet on the menus. I am assuming 95% of the reservations are going to include breakfast, as it is the amenity option and a lot of the cash rates posted on Marriott seem to include breakfast. Does your reservation not include breakfast?
Old Oct 24, 2019, 3:10 pm

My reservation doesnt include breakfast - as a Marriott gold member booking with points so Im curious about the cost of breakfast as well.

I wonder if my plan to eat a large, late breakfast, skip lunch and eat dinner would end up cheaper than their half-board option. Although the meal plans dont include shio or hashi.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 4:08 pm

I am on the same page as tajee165. I am booked on points as well. I emailed them to get additional information, such as breakfast, snacks during the day, yoga classes in the morning, and water activities.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 10:09 am

So they got back to me and said breakfast can be purchased at $50++. The food at this resort better be great!
Old Oct 25, 2019, 5:49 pm

But do they have a Bloody Mary bar at breakfast?!
Old Oct 25, 2019, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by friedablass
Yes, our points advance (pre peak pricing, so 85,000/nt) reservation has a 60 day cancellation with no breakfast. Sure hope its not too much of a hassle to pay for it end of November. No intention of cancelling, but a 2 day cancellation would have had more flexibility had anything come up. We have first class on Emirates A380 from JFK to Dubai so looking forward to our 5 minutes of water shower.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.