FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JW Maldives [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Oct 23, 2019, 9:04 pm
tkl1992

Looking forward to your review

Originally Posted by Bearwithapassport
We had both booked and kept going back and forth between the two options, the W is obviously more established and you know what you are going to get, vs the JW is a bit more of a risk. We (my husband) is ambassador but we basically went in the with assumption that we would wouldn't get upgraded but would be happy if we did. The factors that made us pick JW are
1. Overwater bungalow at the lower points redemption rate (W it was beach villa)
2. New nice remodeled rooms (The rooms at W are starting to look a little bit dated from pics)
3. More food options at JW

We figured other things being equal (getting the Plat. Discount both places). trying a newer resort would be more exciting. I had initially been a little concerned with how the sea life is at the JW (One of the reasons we didn't pick SR) but after a few of the videos I saw posted on instagram, it looked nice. We figured we would take the risk and see what happens.
Yes, very much looking forward to your review. We too are trying to decide on JW or Westin. But have to decide by early December due to 60 day cancellation at JW.