Search
Old Sep 11, 2019, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ryandc99
Email contact at hotel: [email protected]
Official Grand Opening
November 1st, 2019

Room types
Overwater Pool Villa (10 sunrise, 9 sunset)
- Maximum occupancy 3 guests (2 adults and one child or 3 adults)
- 2519 sqft
Beach Pool Villa (13 sunrise, 3 sunset)
- 2669 sqft

Duplex Overwater Pool Villa (12 villas)
- 2949 sqft

Duplex Beach Pool Villa (13 villas)
- Maximum occupancy 5 guests (2 adults and 3 children or 5 adults)
- 3068 sqft

Royal Pool Villa (1 villa)

Offseason upgrades (as of September 2019)
From Overwater Pool Villa Sunrise to Sunset is additional, USD 182++ per night.
From Overwater Pool Villa Sunrise to Duplex Overwater Pool Villa is USD 546++ per night.
February 2020 upgrade price from Beach or OVW Sunrise to OVW Sunset USD 136++ per night.

Transportation

Seaplane - $600 per adult r/t
- JW Maldives has a seaplane lounge and will provide transportation to and from the MLE airport or hotel on Male.

Domestic flight w/ speedboat - $600 per adult r/t
- You can mix domestic flight one-way and seaplane one-way
- Domestic flight is currently to Ifuru Domestic Airport (70 min) and then a speedboat (50 min)
- Funadhoo Domestic Airport may be open by the end of 2019 cutting down the length of speedboat trip
- Domestic flight is the best option for those arriving after 3pm to MLE

Restaurants
Menus as of mid-October: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VarY3T33N_xWEdangWGkH6JztUU8sA8Y

Aailaa – breakfast/lunch/dinner, 96 seats all-day dining restaurant
Fiamma – Lunch, Italian pizza 20 seats
Kaashi – Lunch, Treetop Thai restaurant 30 seats
Hashi – Dinner, Japanese 24 seats (reservations required)
Shio – Dinner, Modern grill 24 seats (reservations required)
Riha – Dinner, Indian/Curry Pit 24 seats, “under the stars” (reservations required)
In-Villa Dining - breakfast/lunch/dinner
Fork & Drink - lunch/dinner, destination dining, they set up a table anywhere on the island?

Activities

Lounge 18 – club house for “adults” w/ cigar room, billiards table, karaoke, board games, etc..
Pool 18 – 18 years+ pool
Horizon Pool
Little Griffins (Kids club/pool)
Open Air Cinema – nightly movie
Photo studio
Print Wikipost

JW Maldives [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2023, 1:41 am

Programs: Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Diamond, KLM Silver
Originally Posted by rdrakea
Just returned from a 5 night stay. Thought I'd share the current (March 2023) all-inclusive options.

so it’s 450usd per adult per day and doesn’t include the in-villa mini bar ?????
solarbear likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2023, 4:13 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold; HH Diamond; Marriott Ambassador
Does anyone have recent prices for diving at JW and is the filtered water complimentary at lunch and dinner?
Old Oct 15, 2023, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by Kbuffett
What benefits are there at this resort for Platinum Elite members? All booking options included breakfast, so unfortunately that's not going to be a 'benefit'.

I believe the 20% dining discounts have been discontinued, is there any other benefits or discounts at restaurants & spa?
Booking options with cash may all include breakfast (it's clear from the list of room rates), but points bookings don't say they do, not even the duplex suites.

Any update on the 20% discount? Is the only Platinum benefit getting breakfast on points rate? That seems pretty weak (though yes, I understand that Marriott has watered down Platinum by giving Platinum to credit card holders instead of having to earn it).
Old Oct 15, 2023, 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by jaka
Does anyone have recent prices for diving at JW and is the filtered water complimentary at lunch and dinner?
Updated diving brochure: https://anyflip.com/qlyuq/fqfm/
Old Nov 9, 2023, 7:33 am

Has anyone stayed here and Le Meridien? I've read through most of both of the master threads, but couldn't see much crossover.

I'm looking at booking for me and my partner to go in March, but am struggling to decide between the two. We haven't been to the Maldives before and this would be using points, so the only major cost difference would be food/package options.

JW is obviously a much higher priced resort, but the reviews for LM seem stellar.
R_Z likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2024, 9:46 am
R_Z

I am in the same boat, wondering if anyone has any insight on how the 2 compare. Currently booked at the JW but considering switching to LM.

I am also curious about the meal plans offered and mentioned in this chat. Would it be possible and is it preferred to book a room without any meal plan? Then upon arrival is it possible to decide whether to do the all-inclusive package or desired half/full board? Reason I ask is there's a significant jump from FB to AI. When I called reservations at central booking, they told me that the difference from FB (currently booked) to AI was minimal, I think something like $80++, total being about $400 total for the 4 nights (2 people). Then when I asked them to apply it and for the total it shot up $3k. I asked the representative why and they didn't know why but said it was what the system showed. Any insight on how you all booked would be appreciated, I am new to the forum but appreciate everyone's input.

Last edited by R_Z; Feb 22, 2024 at 6:07 am
Old Apr 15, 2024, 6:33 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Stayed here for 5 nights last week and have to stay that this resort is the best resort within Marriott that has great beach villas.

There are 2 types of beach villas, the regular one which is located on the sunrise side of the island, and 3 on the sunset, and there are around 10 Duplex beach villas which are located on the sunset side.

We stayed in Villa no. 121 which is in the center of the beach and have to say it's the best one of the lot along with 120 and 122. The beach is just magnificent. After travelling 8 times to the Maldives, I can't recall staying at the beach for so much.

The villa itself is OK. Spacious with huge amount of closets, but the design is a little outdated. However, the deck with pool was great.

The island itself is great, we were not aware that kids under 12 eat for free so that was a plus for us. Restaurants are amazing, the Thai restaurant was wonderful, they brought a new Thai chef and she is one of the best. Her food is just great. They now open on Monday's only for dinner with a set menu. We also tried RIHA which is an Indian set menu and the food was fantastic there as well. The other dining options were SHIO and Hashi with one being a steakhouse and the other being a Japanese restaurant but share the same location. We only dined at Hashi and where it was good, but there are far better.

Their main restaurant is good with a live band every night, but have to stay the crowd was a little dead at times. the place is very much empty at around 9:30 pm.

All in all, will be returning back.
friedablass likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2024, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
Stayed here for 5 nights last week and have to stay that this resort is the best resort within Marriott that has great beach villas. [...]
This is great to hear - this forum has been quite quiet, so pleased to see an update. I wrote in the RC Maldives forum as it was more active (and much of what follows is a copy/paste of my post there), but given your recent stay, would love a bit more insight as to your preference between the JW and the Ritz for first-timers. Myself, my partner, and another couple (all in our mid/upper 30s) are visiting for our first time this fall - snagged Qsuite tickets using American Airlines miles. We're currently booked at the JW - half the stay in an overwater villa and half the stay in a beach villa - but we're also really intrigued by the Ritz. Two of the group are PADI certified and will want to dive. Otherwise, we are relatively low-key and will spend our days soaking up the sun, snorkeling, probably do a few excursions, enjoy any resort recreation, and enjoy good food/drinks. Ritz is intriguing to me largely for the rooms (modern, new, location of tub, indoor/outdoor showers), the ability to explore the Fari Islands campus/more physical spaces to explore, and the speedboat transfer (more convenient departure as our flight home is at 7:45 p.m.). The JW, though, is older/more established, so I assume the marine life is better, breakfast is included (both parties have status), overall more affordable (room/excursions), seaplane (fun for first-timers?), and thinking pools might be warmer as they're extended a bit more beyond any shade coverings. Did you do any snorkeling/diving - how was the marine life? Would love any input or thoughts on one vs. the other?
Old Apr 18, 2024, 4:25 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by wkndvibes
This is great to hear - this forum has been quite quiet, so pleased to see an update. I wrote in the RC Maldives forum as it was more active (and much of what follows is a copy/paste of my post there), but given your recent stay, would love a bit more insight as to your preference between the JW and the Ritz for first-timers. Myself, my partner, and another couple (all in our mid/upper 30s) are visiting for our first time this fall - snagged Qsuite tickets using American Airlines miles. We're currently booked at the JW - half the stay in an overwater villa and half the stay in a beach villa - but we're also really intrigued by the Ritz. Two of the group are PADI certified and will want to dive. Otherwise, we are relatively low-key and will spend our days soaking up the sun, snorkeling, probably do a few excursions, enjoy any resort recreation, and enjoy good food/drinks. Ritz is intriguing to me largely for the rooms (modern, new, location of tub, indoor/outdoor showers), the ability to explore the Fari Islands campus/more physical spaces to explore, and the speedboat transfer (more convenient departure as our flight home is at 7:45 p.m.). The JW, though, is older/more established, so I assume the marine life is better, breakfast is included (both parties have status), overall more affordable (room/excursions), seaplane (fun for first-timers?), and thinking pools might be warmer as they're extended a bit more beyond any shade coverings. Did you do any snorkeling/diving - how was the marine life? Would love any input or thoughts on one vs. the other?

I would go for the Ritz. Having been there twice. Didn't like the first time due to being a new hotel (so many minor issues that we had to leave early). However, the 2nd time we went there it was much MUCH better, we stayed in a 2 bedroom beach villa. The Island itself is amazing, no employees in the island as they stay on a different island which leaves alot of space for hotel guests and more sand/green (In most Maldives resorts, the staff live in the center of the island which takes alot of space). Also, you have so many dining options at the Ritz, you can even dine at Patina as well where at the JW there is limited dining options.

The Ritz is a bit windy on the west side of the island which is a downer, where the JW was very relaxing on the west side with great views. The JW beach is far better as it is natural but not big, where the Ritz is huge but quality is a little low as it is a man made island.

Most likely they will let you stay in your villa as late as possible given the boat ride as long there is availability. Our flight was at 11 pm and we left our villa at 8:30 pm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.