Search
Old Sep 11, 2019, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ryandc99
Email contact at hotel: [email protected]
Official Grand Opening
November 1st, 2019

Room types
Overwater Pool Villa (10 sunrise, 9 sunset)
- Maximum occupancy 3 guests (2 adults and one child or 3 adults)
- 2519 sqft
Beach Pool Villa (13 sunrise, 3 sunset)
- 2669 sqft

Duplex Overwater Pool Villa (12 villas)
- 2949 sqft

Duplex Beach Pool Villa (13 villas)
- Maximum occupancy 5 guests (2 adults and 3 children or 5 adults)
- 3068 sqft

Royal Pool Villa (1 villa)

Offseason upgrades (as of September 2019)
From Overwater Pool Villa Sunrise to Sunset is additional, USD 182++ per night.
From Overwater Pool Villa Sunrise to Duplex Overwater Pool Villa is USD 546++ per night.
February 2020 upgrade price from Beach or OVW Sunrise to OVW Sunset USD 136++ per night.

Transportation

Seaplane - $600 per adult r/t
- JW Maldives has a seaplane lounge and will provide transportation to and from the MLE airport or hotel on Male.

Domestic flight w/ speedboat - $600 per adult r/t
- You can mix domestic flight one-way and seaplane one-way
- Domestic flight is currently to Ifuru Domestic Airport (70 min) and then a speedboat (50 min)
- Funadhoo Domestic Airport may be open by the end of 2019 cutting down the length of speedboat trip
- Domestic flight is the best option for those arriving after 3pm to MLE

Restaurants
Menus as of mid-October: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VarY3T33N_xWEdangWGkH6JztUU8sA8Y

Aailaa breakfast/lunch/dinner, 96 seats all-day dining restaurant
Fiamma Lunch, Italian pizza 20 seats
Kaashi Lunch, Treetop Thai restaurant 30 seats
Hashi Dinner, Japanese 24 seats (reservations required)
Shio Dinner, Modern grill 24 seats (reservations required)
Riha Dinner, Indian/Curry Pit 24 seats, under the stars (reservations required)
In-Villa Dining - breakfast/lunch/dinner
Fork & Drink - lunch/dinner, destination dining, they set up a table anywhere on the island?

Activities

Lounge 18 club house for adults w/ cigar room, billiards table, karaoke, board games, etc..
Pool 18 18 years+ pool
Horizon Pool
Little Griffins (Kids club/pool)
Open Air Cinema nightly movie
Photo studio
Print Wikipost

JW Maldives [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2019, 7:29 am

Was just looking at some dates, and it appears the cash upgrade rate for sunset view is $59 per day online. 400k points + $59 per day.
Old Oct 26, 2019, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by tylerc
Was just looking at some dates, and it appears the cash upgrade rate for sunset view is $59 per day online. 400k points + $59 per day.
Huh, if this is true I wonder if theyll let me buy the upgrade at $59USD/night. I made a points advance reservation under the old rates before September 14... Ill send an email to the property.
Old Oct 26, 2019, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by tajee165
Huh, if this is true I wonder if they’ll let me buy the upgrade at $59USD/night. I made a points advance reservation under the old rates before September 14... I’ll send an email to the property.
I suspect the $59 is an error...contacting them might tip them off.

Maybe check your dates and see if they are showing the $59 upgrade. Did your dates go to peak?
Old Oct 26, 2019, 7:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by tkl1992
Yes, our points advance (pre peak pricing, so 85,000/nt) reservation has a 60 day cancellation with no breakfast. Sure hope its not too much of a hassle to pay for it end of November. No intention of cancelling, but a 2 day cancellation would have had more flexibility had anything come up. We have first class on Emirates A380 from JFK to Dubai so looking forward to our 5 minutes of water shower.
I also have a reservation for 85k points per night pre-peak pricing and cancellation is 31 days prior.

And we're also flying EK First 😁.

Originally Posted by tylerc
I suspect the $59 is an error...contacting them might tip them off.

Maybe check your dates and see if they are showing the $59 upgrade. Did your dates go to peak?
I was quoted $136 to upgrade to Sunset. I checked my dates and it is showing online with $59 upgrade rate for all days even though 2 days are standard and 3 days are peak. So if I were to rebook now straight into an SOWV I would pay 385k points plus $295.
Old Oct 26, 2019, 7:15 pm

Looks like theyve increased the price of the OWV. The beach villa is now the base room with points and the overwater is ~100k a night in points (at least for a week in March I just checked).

edit: thats a sunset villa. Sunrise not being found for a few days combinations but could be sold out of that room type.
Old Oct 26, 2019, 7:15 pm

Are the duplex villas sunrise or sunset? Not sure its worth paying for an upgrade with my ambassador status.
Old Oct 26, 2019, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by Dn10
Are the duplex villas sunrise or sunset? Not sure it’s worth paying for an upgrade with my ambassador status.
It might be worth waiting to see the first reviews of the property. It appears they've built a seawall on the perimeter of the "ocean side" of the resort. I'd probably want to know if that impacts the view of the non-sunset OWVs. The same with the beach villas on the south side of the island as they seem to have a view of taller seawalls.

friedablass and iluvdoco like this.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 9:37 am

Couldn't they have built the seawall a little farther out? Looks a little too close to the villas in some areas.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 11:09 am

Looks like the duplexes (what I'd consider a premium room) are the ones with the sea wall right in front. Strange.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 11:16 am

Upcoming Stay

My wife and I are coming here for our Honeymoon and will be staying November 10 through November 16 for a total of 6 nights.

Will post a review about the property after our stay, so people will have more information to base their decision on where to stay in the Maldives.

We too had some hesitation about staying at a new hotel, but being able to reserve the Overwater Villa was the tipping point for us.

I double checked our reservation and while our original reservation for our first night there was for two people (confirmed in the original e-mail when I made the reservation), when I click on the current reservation and go to the Marriott web site, it shows as three people for some reason. I've e-mailed the hotel to correct this, but others who have reservations here may want to just double check their reservations.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by OfficeGlenn
My wife and I are coming here for our Honeymoon and will be staying November 10 through November 16 for a total of 6 nights.

Will post a review about the property after our stay, so people will have more information to base their decision on where to stay in the Maldives.

We too had some hesitation about staying at a new hotel, but being able to reserve the Overwater Villa was the tipping point for us.

I double checked our reservation and while our original reservation for our first night there was for two people (confirmed in the original e-mail when I made the reservation), when I click on the current reservation and go to the Marriott web site, it shows as three people for some reason. I've e-mailed the hotel to correct this, but others who have reservations here may want to just double check their reservations.
Can't wait to hear your thoughts! If possible, please get some pics of the breakfast spread!
Old Oct 28, 2019, 4:58 pm

I will be there from November 29th to December 4th. They just sent me the welcome fact sheet (attached) and a payment request for the flight. Hope to connect with other fellow flyertalkers!

Old Oct 28, 2019, 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by OfficeGlenn

Yes, very much looking forward to your review. Congrats on your honeymoon stay! And oddly, we also had to correct our stay from 3 people to two people.
Bearwithapassport likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 1:55 pm

The hotel offered this if we wanted to pay for an upgrade from Sunrise to Sunset on our dates in November.

We can offer you a paid upgrade to Overwater Pool Villa Sunset at the rate of USD 130++ per night. Rate is Subject to 10% service charge and 12% goods and services tax.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 4:17 am

Just noticed that breakfast is only until 10am. Pretty sure both Westin and St Regis served breakfast until 11am, which made it very easy to skip lunch most days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.