Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Resort and The Romanos, Costa Navarino, Greece [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Resort and The Romanos, Costa Navarino, Greece [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2020, 5:17 am

Has anyone stayed here in October?
Based on historical weather data, looks like temperatures peak at average 22 degrees.

So I'm wondering if pools at too cold to use, and if they are even open.

Any help would be much appreciated
Old Sep 21, 2020, 1:24 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Fly613
Has anyone stayed here in October?
Based on historical weather data, looks like temperatures peak at average 22 degrees.

So I'm wondering if pools at too cold to use, and if they are even open.

Any help would be much appreciated
I haven't gone in October, but I've been twice in March, when the outdoor pools were closed, but the Westin also has an indoor pool.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Location...on_Pelopo.html

Be careful about going over Greek three-day weekends, because the indoor pool is a draw for families.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by dcmike
I haven't gone in October, but I've been twice in March, when the outdoor pools were closed, but the Westin also has an indoor pool.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Location...on_Pelopo.html

Be careful about going over Greek three-day weekends, because the indoor pool is a draw for families.
Thanks. The indoor pool is closed during the pandemic :-(
Old Sep 22, 2020, 5:00 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
Awww, that's too bad, sorry - didn't know!
Old Feb 22, 2021, 3:40 pm

One of the highlights here in years past has been the massive breakfast buffet. I can't imagine that is very compatible with COVID. How was breakfast handled in 2020?

2020 was the first year since this property opened that we did not stay. I booked a short stay in July with the hope that we can make it.
Old May 9, 2021, 12:26 am

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
For kids (3 and a 1 Year old) from what I am reading Westin is the more preferred option? Out of curiosity what is the brand of Amenities in the Romanos?
Old May 9, 2021, 1:10 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by AbuCordoba
For kids (3 and a 1 Year old) from what I am reading Westin is the more preferred option? Out of curiosity what is the brand of Amenities in the Romanos?
It’s their own local brand used in the spa called Anazoe. It has a rosemary fragrance and is quite high quality. I was very impressed with The Romanos during COVID times when I went last year. Haven’t stayed at the Westin so can’t really compare but does seem to have slightly more kid-friendly facilities.
Old May 9, 2021, 2:46 am

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
It’s their own local brand used in the spa called Anazoe. It has a rosemary fragrance and is quite high quality. I was very impressed with The Romanos during COVID times when I went last year. Haven’t stayed at the Westin so can’t really compare but does seem to have slightly more kid-friendly facilities.
Thanks lost_in_translation, points wise Romanos is coming out at 400K for 5 nights and Westin is like 240K and the price is similar...which would you chose?
Old May 9, 2021, 6:22 am

Thanks lost_in_translation, points wise Romanos is coming out at 400K for 5 nights and Westin is like 240K and the price is similar...which would you chose?
I have stayed at the Westin a few times with small kids. It's really great. The proximity of the water park / kids club was nice compared to having to take a buggy from Romanos.
Old May 10, 2021, 1:24 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, Accor Club, Miles and More
Originally Posted by sapman986
One of the highlights here in years past has been the massive breakfast buffet. I can't imagine that is very compatible with COVID. How was breakfast handled in 2020?

2020 was the first year since this property opened that we did not stay. I booked a short stay in July with the hope that we can make it.
In the Westin, the breakfast buffet was actually served with one waiter per station putting the desired items on your plate. Worked out fine...
sapman986 likes this.
Old May 11, 2021, 5:04 am

If your staying at one of the hotels I assume you can eat at either hotel? what about the facilities are they also shared?
Old May 11, 2021, 5:53 am

No, as far as I'm aware both hotels work separately from each other. As a Westin guest, you can have breakfast only at the Westin.
Old May 12, 2021, 7:19 pm

I have never stayed at The Romanos, but the Westin is much more fit for purpose if you have kids, though they share amenities. The rooms are much more suitable for families at The Westin.
Old May 30, 2021, 3:46 am

Programs: BA Silver, Amex Platinum
I’m wondering this too for our stay there from 20th October this year - will the pools be open? Does anyone know if there is any point in challenging the hotel about the extra person fee the system wants to charge me for a family of 2 adults and two kids in a infinity family suite? It’s over 1000 euros for the week just for the fee.
Old Sep 4, 2021, 9:05 am

Just coming back from a 10 day stay, which was once again wonderful. The resort is great and has everything you need. It was fully booked so no upgrade was available. I got a bottle of Wine, olive oil and some crackers as a benefit in the room.
Only downsides: f&b is quite expensive and the breakfast could have some variation over time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.