Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2010, 4:52 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Do not believe that the limit is based on billing address. My wife and I are both ordering $1K per 10 days. We utilize different CCs but both have the same billing address.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 5:05 pm

Programs: spg gold
Deant, do you and your wife have the same shipping address? If so then what are they using for the ten day check?
Old Jul 22, 2010, 5:10 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG 100K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jkoenig51
What I think you guys are saying is the monitoring agent is the billing address. If that's true, why don't you just log into your credit card, change the billing address, order the coins, wait until the card is processed and coins are shipped, then go back and log into your credit card change your address back. Rinse and repeat. Your billing address selection would then be unlimited because you would only use it for a day or two at a time.
It is a very good idea to attract Chase or AMEX's attention. Frankly, I have thought about it, but I don't think the bank will let you go with away with an address change request every 10 days or so.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 5:16 pm

Programs: Hilton gold
I think its

Last edited by jim5518; Jul 23, 2010 at 3:41 pm Reason: spelling
Old Jul 22, 2010, 5:37 pm

Programs: spg gold
If it's by credit card number,that's easy most of us have alot of those to choose from.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by jim5518
I think its the credit card number. I might be wrong and I`m testing the theory at the moment.
My guess is that their check is based on name plus CC number. My wife and I have not used the same CC numbers for our orders so as to eliminate overlap.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 9:05 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by deant
My guess is that their check is based on name plus CC number. My wife and I have not used the same CC numbers for our orders so as to eliminate overlap.
That would be quite interesting if it is the case...

Also, if it is the case, I've been wasting a lot of time/effort with my "system" if I could just place an order with each of my credit cards. haha

I could be getting like 12k/10 days delivered to my house w/o any extra effort!

It's an interesting theory and one that I wills try out in the next few days, but I want to wait until all of the orders that I have currently placed have shipped.
Old Jul 23, 2010, 2:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Ordered 4 boxes of GW on 7.19 around 11AM AKDT
Shipped 4 boxes of GW on 7.22 with delivery due today via UPS

Glad to see its not USPS!
Old Jul 23, 2010, 2:59 pm

Programs: AmexPlat,SPG,CitiAA,One pass,
With that new comment by the MINT stating depositing the coins is not the purpose of the program. WHat could they do to someone who does that??????
Old Jul 23, 2010, 3:32 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
deleted

Last edited by cordelli; Dec 23, 2010 at 2:13 pm
Old Jul 23, 2010, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by cordelli
Well, the comment about not depositing them is not new, it's been there for a while, and discussed dozens, if not hundreds of times in this thread.

They want them in circulation, where other people get them. They want you to use them in day to day activities like paying for stuff, so where you use them can give them to somebody else.

Taking them, bringing them all to a bank, where the bank just sends them back to the mint really doesn't help that cause.
So far I've managed not to outright deposit any, although it's a rather fine line for a couple transactions -- I do use them to pay bills (RV payment, CC payment) due at banks, where the end result probably is the same -- they go off to the Fed for storage.

They also come in very handy when you are dealing with Luddites who don't take credit cards.
Old Jul 23, 2010, 6:22 pm

Programs: most of them
How long does it usually take for the charge to show up on your cc? I just placed an order for the Native Americans and Thomas Jeffersons for the first time Monday night on my new SPG Amex card. Got the coins today via UPS. But no sign of the charge on my Amex card yet.
Old Jul 23, 2010, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by glennaa11
How long does it usually take for the charge to show up on your cc? I just placed an order for the Native Americans and Thomas Jeffersons for the first time Monday night on my new SPG Amex card. Got the coins today via UPS. But no sign of the charge on my Amex card yet.
Will post in a day or two.
Old Jul 23, 2010, 9:15 pm

Programs: AA,CO,US, and SPG Gold (just like everyone else :P)
Wink

Originally Posted by cordelli
Taking them, bringing them all to a bank, where the bank just sends them back to the mint really doesn't help that cause.
Well they dont really go back to the mint, just the federal reserve vaults, but yea we know what you mean
Old Jul 24, 2010, 12:27 am

Programs: OnePass, MilesPlus, AAdvantage, SkyMiles (unfortunately), PC Plat, HH Silver, Marriott Aluminium
Originally Posted by cordelli View Post
Originally Posted by cnsoccer
Well they dont really go back to the mint, just the federal reserve vaults, but yea we know what you mean
And, in case you haven't noticed, most around here don't care. If you're looking for ethics around here, there's not much to see. You'd best just move on...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.