Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2010, 5:53 pm
Suspended

the last 3k for the '09 NAs which have been pushed back to a Feb ship date has now gone to No longer available even thou it said Shipped yesterday

Last edited by craz; Jan 22, 2010 at 6:53 am
Old Jan 21, 2010, 6:13 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
I made my Feb 1 mortgage payment today

I happened to have enough on hand from the last couple of shipments to cover my mortgage payment. But it was way more than I can carry. So I put them in a small (half-size) rolling bag and dragged them into the branch. Can I just say it was a strange combination of a most satisfying yet most embarrassing moment?

I am really doing my best to get these into circulation, too. My purse weighs a ton because I always have a fresh roll to spend at the dry cleaners, event parking, snack bar purchases, etc - anywhere that doesn't take credit. I need to buy pix this weekend from a show that my daughter is in. The vendor doesn't take credit. I hope he enjoys dollar coins. And of course, every time my kids ask for money, guess what they get? My 16yo daughter is always mortified but 13yo son doesn't care.

Last edited by ehallison; Jan 21, 2010 at 7:09 pm
Old Jan 21, 2010, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Originally Posted by ehallison
I happened to have enough on hand from the last couple of shipments to cover my mortgage payment. But it was way more than I can carry. So I put them in a small (half-size) rolling bag and dragged them into the branch. Can I just say it was a strange combination of a most satisfying yet most embarrassing moment?

I am really doing my best to get these into circulation, too. My purse weighs a ton because I always have a fresh roll to spend at the dry cleaners, event parking, snack bar purchases, etc - anywhere that doesn't take cash. I need to buy pix this weekend from a show that my daughter is in. The vendor doesn't take cash. I hope he enjoys dollar coins. And of course, every time my kids ask for money, guess what they get? My 16yo daughter is always mortified but 13yo son doesn't care.
I believe those comments should be doesn't take credit
Old Jan 21, 2010, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

First problem with a bad bank count today.

As others have posted, the shortage ends in $.75, which makes it all pretty strange.

I hope the bank just resolves it easily, but if not, I'll have to eat it, and this erases the gains from several deposits.

Could be a game-changer for me.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 6:52 pm

Programs: NW Silver, CO Silver,SPG Gold, USMint Presidential, Chase/BA 100k, Airtran Wendy's cups
Originally Posted by Scooby3597
+1.

Because I cannot get any more coins I want the thread to be locked...

We'll see about that. I bet a whole dollar (a $1 coin) I still can order some.
I bet I can too Just not like the good old days. locking the thread was just a little bit of sarcasm and frustration. I won't be satisfied till SPG has 500k. Oh well look like I'll be back on betterbidding.com looking for priceline deals. How sad. I'm not taking this real well although my wife is happy. This addiction is going to be hard to kick, the withdraws are setting it. What time do the liquor stores close? I better run out, is going to be a long night.

Last edited by nwa330; Jan 21, 2010 at 7:02 pm
Old Jan 21, 2010, 6:59 pm

Programs: Starwood
Thumbs down

My bank won't accept coins for my mortgage.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Aw nuts, my order got canceled, also. I'll have to work around this one.

Mike
Old Jan 21, 2010, 7:08 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by GoingAway
I believe those comments should be doesn't take credit
OK...just add that mistake to my already embarrassing day.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by longtimereader
I was worried about that when I went in. I sure didn't want to walk back out with a suitcase full of coins. But they didn't say a word.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 8:33 pm

Programs: UA, DL, AA, Sutherlands Lumber
Originally Posted by craz
the last 3k for the '09 NAs which have been pushed back to a Feb ship date was shipped out tonight ....
Shipped or no longer available? A glitch like this happened last October.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by craz
the last 3k for the '09 NAs which have been pushed back to a Feb ship date was shipped out tonight The 1st 2k was to cover my min on a great CC deal and didnt want all 5k to be used on it
Lucky! Mine were "shipped" and "Item is no longer available."

Last edited by WBurcham; Jan 21, 2010 at 8:58 pm
Old Jan 21, 2010, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by longtimereader
By the way, they don't have a choice. They must accept them for your mortgage.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by WBurcham
I had two orders pending for 2009 NAs.

One of mine says the same thing as yours.

Ironically, I called the Mint today to cancel the other 2009 NA order, because it was placed on 12/21 (one month ago) and I assumed it would never come. She was more than happy to suggest that I order the 2010 NAs instead. She didn't have to twist my arm, that's for sure.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 10:41 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG 100K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by WBurcham
+1

Also, one of the two backordered Thomas Jefferson was switched from in process to on hold. Looks like a sign of an order cancellation.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 11:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by buschoi
+1

Also, one of the two backordered Thomas Jefferson was switched from in process to on hold. Looks like a sign of an order cancellation.
OTOH, I have a JA & AJ order that jumped from on hold to shipped despite it took 3 days to arrive. (shipped 1/17 arrived 1/20). Never receive shipping notice on it though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.