Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2009, 9:43 pm

Programs: UAL 1MM, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, AA 3MM
Originally Posted by Astrophsx
Does your CC not have a yearly maximum on how many miles you are allowed to earn in one year?

Chase Mileage Plus Platinum has no annual limit and 1k's are exempt from annual fees.
Old Aug 7, 2009, 10:04 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG 100K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Happy
That WAS the case.

Are you sure you can still do that NOW?

I thought the Mint went thru major overhaul of their website after the Fiasco they had earlier this year. It has since changed to only registered user can access orders online after logged in the account.
At least that was still the case in June. Since then I place my orders using my account, since I do not see the need to not use an account.
Old Aug 7, 2009, 10:12 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG 100K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by mrpickles
43,500 United Mileage Plus miles ahead today.
wow, that's more than the total I have ever ordered! Anyway I am fine with playing it slower.
Old Aug 7, 2009, 10:30 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
For all the newbies afraid to deposit more than $2500 here was my one day deposit:...

43,500 United Mileage Plus miles ahead today.
^^
Old Aug 8, 2009, 5:56 am

Programs: All, but no status!
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Originally Posted by FrAAmer
Hey mrpickles-

Where in San Diego are you depositing your coins so I DON'T go to the same branch!

Were your 18 cases from one mint order?

18 cases is more then $10K in a single deposit. How did you (or did you) avoid the reporting paperwork?
North County, is that far enough away?

18 cases was two orders that shipped the same day. Took 40 minutes to open everything up.

I prepaid the credit card and I have already 2 x 99 case orders on hold.

Why would I want to avoid the reporting paperwork??? Why? Let them report away. It is sooooo stupid to attempt to avoid it. I have all of the documentation ready in a file for when they show up.

It's not like they are gonna send the SWAT team to visit me. Or are they?
I agree with Mrpickles -- why do people seem to be so frightened of a SAR form? It's a piece of paper. The S stands for "suspicious"-- if you're trying to do sneaky subterfuge (which is probably so obvious!) that may be suspicious. I'm straight with the teller and manager. Now I order 20k at a time. I call the bank to let them know when my order ships (and that I'll be there tomorrow or the next day), and I deposit them together.

20,000 miles or $400 cash back-- Easy as that.
Old Aug 8, 2009, 8:07 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP (1.5MM), Hilton/SPG/Marriott Gold
Hey mrpickles-

Which coins did you order in that big of a shipment?
Old Aug 8, 2009, 8:43 am

Programs: AA EXP / UA Lifetime Gold / Marriott Lifetime Plat / SPG Plat / Hyatt Diamond / HH Diamond / Avis CC
Originally Posted by ja_user
Hey mrpickles-

Which coins did you order in that big of a shipment?
You can only order the NA coins in that quantity.
Old Aug 8, 2009, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by fsa_ea
You should dispute the charge with AMEX (unless you've already said the "wrong" things).
If not Amex, perhaps the delivery service as I believe there is some sort of insurance involved with the package not received by the intended customer.

I've had similar experiences before of packages left at my door being stolen before I got home, luckily they were fish aquarium equipment and fish food and not MONEY. So, if you hear of someone unloading fish air pumps and food, by all means let me know as it's probably mine
Old Aug 8, 2009, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by pawtim
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

I agree with Mrpickles -- why do people seem to be so frightened of a SAR form?
Some of us aren't scared of that. It's just that in some cases, some branch managers/tellers have told us not to deposit any more since we've been depositing too much.
Old Aug 8, 2009, 12:22 pm

GRRRRR

I fell victim to the counting machine. This one is 'landside'. I put in 1750 dollar coins and not all of them registered as dollars. One as a dime, many an quarters and a few more as half-dollars. The bank manager basically implied that I was lying. The company comes twice a week to service the machine...and if they find some dollars in the other bags, I might get my money. If I don't, the loss today offsets all of the points I earned on today's deposit.

I will be hitting a different branch for awhile.
Old Aug 8, 2009, 12:28 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by Comicwoman
I fell victim to the counting machine. This one is 'landside'. I put in 1750 dollar coins and not all of them registered as dollars. One as a dime, many an quarters and a few more as half-dollars. The bank manager basically implied that I was lying. The company comes twice a week to service the machine...and if they find some dollars in the other bags, I might get my money. If I don't, the loss today offsets all of the points I earned on today's deposit.

I will be hitting a different branch for awhile.
That's totally unacceptable! You need to contact the headquarters and/or the Better Business Bureau!
Old Aug 8, 2009, 12:30 pm

Chevy Chase Counting Machines

Has anybody had good or bad experiences with these machines? There is a branch in my office building and it is free for customers but from reading this thread it appears that some machines are better than others.
Old Aug 8, 2009, 12:43 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
Originally Posted by sharka
If not Amex, perhaps the delivery service as I believe there is some sort of insurance involved with the package not received by the intended customer.

I've had similar experiences before of packages left at my door being stolen before I got home, luckily they were fish aquarium equipment and fish food and not MONEY. So, if you hear of someone unloading fish air pumps and food, by all means let me know as it's probably mine
The delivery service was the US Post Office. Their responsibility ends when they put it in your mailbox.
Old Aug 8, 2009, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by Comicwoman
The bank manager basically implied that I was lying. The company comes twice a week to service the machine...
In some cases reported here, posters demanded to recount the coins at the spot. After you left, it would be much more difficult to do something about it. To get it started, I would ask him which machine is more accurate - the machine at the United States Mint, or the one at his local branch.

Anyway, I will contact the main office.

Could you tell us which bank that is so we know?

Just a side note. I have tried to avoid coin-counting machine at all cost. I just bring in the rolls to the tellers, smile, and they are all ok (if not happy) to serve me and take the coins. Each of the branches asked me about where I got them from... I told them honestly, and my guess is they may need this for the SAR report, or they want to do the run themselves. Not a problem for me because they are all legitimate transactions.

Last edited by buschoi; Aug 8, 2009 at 1:14 pm
Old Aug 8, 2009, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by buschoi
In some cases reported here, posters demanded to recount the coins at the spot. After you left, it would be much more difficult to do something about it. To get it started, I would ask him which machine is more accurate - the machine at the United States Mint, or the one at his local branch.

Anyway, I will contact the main office.

Could you tell us which bank that is so we know?

Just a side note. I have tried to avoid coin-counting machine at all cost. I just bring in the rolls to the tellers, smile, and they are all ok (if not happy) to serve me and take the coins. Each of the branches asked me about where I got them from... I told them honestly, and my guess is they may need this for the SAR report, or they want to do the run themselves. Not a problem for me because they are all legitimate transactions.

I'd be happy to PM you the name, but I am not going to post it. They said that they do not service the machine and could not open it. I can only hope that the company finds dollars in the other coin bags. Since they did not see me open the rolls and did not see the contents of my bag comparing accuracy of coin machines would be fruitless. But next time, I might ask the sour faced guy to stand next to me...and I will cut the rolls open there. I will give it a couple of business days to resolve. I have the contact info for the asst manager. The manager would not give me his card as he is going on vacation this week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.