Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2009, 5:19 pm
Original Member

But there is a detailed section on the SAR for explanations. If it says "This guy keeps bringing in coins, he says he buys them from the Mint", it is going to get a big yawn from the authorities since they will have read a ton of SARs that say the same thing. If it says "Our customer keeps saying that all of his clients pay him in dollar coins" that may bring further attention if the IRS is flipping through the SARs and can't fing a business associated with that bank customer.

I made my first deposit using the coin machine ($1,000) today. I wish I had done that before. Very convenient. I use 5 banks and a couple give me a bit of attitude. The coin machine gave me no attitude.
Old Aug 1, 2009, 5:22 pm

Last edited by atwnsw2; Aug 26, 2009 at 4:51 pm
Old Aug 1, 2009, 5:32 pm
Original Member

One of the banks I use has a coin machine and they waive all fees for customers.

Not all of the branches of this bank has a coin machine. Since we all live in different areas of the country, I would just call around to the banks in your area.
Old Aug 1, 2009, 5:33 pm

Last edited by atwnsw2; Aug 26, 2009 at 4:50 pm
Old Aug 1, 2009, 5:39 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by Andy2
One of the banks I use has a coin machine and they waive all fees for customers.

Not all of the branches of this bank has a coin machine. Since we all live in different areas of the country, I would just call around to the banks in your area.
Can you share what bank you use? What area do you live in? I'd love to do this instead of getting pissy employees.

Originally Posted by jlgrandam
Just curious what "pickle" you think you would be in if you weren't honest to Wachovia? Are they going to arrest you because you lied to them about where you obtained YOUR money?
Would they arrest me for depositing money? Nope. But could they refuse my deposits if I have "fishy" or inconsistent stories? Sure. Also, when it's turned over to the feds, they could be more aggressive toward me if they think I'm lying about my fund source. If my story is consistent from the beginning, it'll be easy to get anyone off of my back.
Old Aug 1, 2009, 5:43 pm

Programs: Priority Club PLT, Marriott Titanium, AA EXP
I use only US Bank, and 1 of the branches I went to had an external coin counter that the customer can use themselves. The deposit bags only hold 2000 coins though, so the teller had to change the bag twice while I dumped my coins. So it still requires a bit of teller work, though way less than them dumping your coins. Also you get to see the total as you dump so you know right away if it's adding up correctly.

I wish more banks had them on the "customer side" of the counter.
Old Aug 1, 2009, 5:54 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold & Marriott Gold
Caution. I have had issues using coin machines at banks. Some of the machines do not count $1 coins accurately. Yes, you know you put in $2,000, but the teller doesn't. There have been several reports in this thread about incorrect coin counts using the machines. I've yet to have a teller mis-count the rolls.
Old Aug 1, 2009, 5:57 pm
Original Member

It is a local bank with offices only in KY. It counted them perfectly. Funnels them into separate bags for dollars, quarters, etc.
Old Aug 1, 2009, 6:00 pm

Programs: Priority Club PLT, Marriott Titanium, AA EXP
Originally Posted by gejone
Caution. I have had issues using coin machines at banks. Some of the machines do not count $1 coins accurately. Yes, you know you put in $2,000, but the teller doesn't. There have been several reports in this thread about incorrect coin counts using the machines. I've yet to have a teller mis-count the rolls.
Some banks don't take the rolls.

That's the beauty of the counters where YOU dump the money in. I usually dump $250 coins in each of the little boxes they come in, then as I dump them I watch the counter to make sure it counted 250. Then when you're all done it just prints off a receipt with your total and you give that to the teller.
Old Aug 1, 2009, 9:05 pm

Programs: UAL 1MM, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, AA 3MM
Originally Posted by LLM
I'd had a bunch of temporary ones who were older, turning up rather late for deliveries and struggling with the boxes, but you should see my young blond new one and he's an angel besides! Last week I had ordered some presidents at the address of another condo we own in the same complex. I left a note on the gate to bring them over here and he did! And he apologized for bringing them in the afternoon instead of the morning.

Yesterday I'd left my car out because I was expecting a lot and he put them in the trunk for me. Then this morning I was out with the dog when he drove by and honked. He waited until I dragged my senior citizen dog back to the house. Then he asked where the car was and waited while I pulled it out of the garage so he could load the three boxes. What a great life. Plus Mr. LLM will be back Sunday and I won't have to carry any more into banks. I can now bring in 2000 at a time but I'd much rather not!
So if I hear of any reports of missing studly UPS drivers I will tell them to look in your trunk. LOL
Old Aug 2, 2009, 9:07 am

Programs: AA, USAir
My local bank has a tiny network that has the coin counters on the outside. This was all good until they shut the $1 coins down due to people putting through Chuck-E-Cheese coins
They said they lost a lot of money that way
Old Aug 2, 2009, 9:35 am

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat (lifetime)
"Your order request has been suspended. " What kind of follow up?

message disappeared. all is well.

Last edited by mmargel; Aug 4, 2009 at 10:51 am Reason: resolved
Old Aug 2, 2009, 9:46 am

Programs: DL, AA, US, AC, Marriott Platinum, HHhonors Silver (Woo Hoo!)
Originally Posted by jimbaum
This was all good until they shut the $1 coins down due to people putting through Chuck-E-Cheese coins
I remember Milhouse confusing a Sacagawea dollar coin with a Chuck-E-Cheese token. I did not think that joke from the Simpsons had a basis in fact.
Old Aug 2, 2009, 1:04 pm

how curious. i actually keep my stack of chuck e cheese tokens next to my stack of loose dollar coins. no similarity in size, weight, or metal.
Old Aug 2, 2009, 9:41 pm

Location: NY Tri state- but hangs out in nicer weather in west coast
Programs: CO Plat, National VIP, Avis PC,
This is the first time I am trying this.

I placed an order 7/27 for the NA coins, and they said that they were in stock. I ordered 7.5K so they upgraded me to expedited shipping.

However, as of today, it still says:
"In stock and reserved"
and
"Order Status: Your order request is in process. "

Is this normal?

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.