Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 11, 2014, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ed765
USB Buxx

(NOTE: stopped taking new applications ~mid February 2014 through the official link.
Current users can still add new cards.)

• Initial purchase fee: $15 + $2.50 load fee
  • Load fee: $2.50 per load, $517.50 max load per transaction ($520 charge to card)
  • Max load per day: $2,000 per CC
  • Max load per rolling 30 days: $2,000 per card, but $5k per CC (if you have multiple teen cards.)
    NOTE: The rolling 30 days is also time sensitive. For example, if you loaded on 9/1 at 2 PM local time and try to load on 10/1 at 12 PM local time, it will NOT work. You must load on 10/1 at 2 PM or later.
  • Max value at any time: $2,000
  • Max ATM withdraw: $200, max 3 ATM per day ($600 total). No fee at US Bank ATMs. Other 'Plus' or Visa ATM $1.50 + ATM fee.
  • You may only add/edit two new credit/debit payment methods every 24 hours, three every 30 days and 5 every 180 days.

Also - Answer ALL the identification questions in your profile (not JUST three or four) USBuxx will sometimes ask you one of the questions, if you use the account on a new computer. HOWEVER - they are more than happy to ask you an unanswered question - talk about BROKEN! So, answer ALL the questions so that when you are prompted - you can answer any of them.

Do not load with any US Bank card as this will not provide points.
Citi codes as purchase and earns points for US Bank

NW Buxx

• Initial purchase fee: $5 (waived with promo code: 02050053)
  • $2 load fee
  • Max load per day: $500
  • Max load per rolling 30 days: $1,000
  • The maximum Card value is $1,000.00
  • Max ATM per week: ($200 - but only if specifically enabled online, including PIN setup). No fee for some Allpoint ATMs (no way to know in advance if the Allpoint ATM will ding you $1; check your account carefully and call if necessary to reverse the $1 charge…IME 2/3 Allpoint ATMs do charge the fee).
  • Max spend per 7 rolling days: $800

Max # of CC on file for both is 2. Each has a max # of loads per card per 7 day rolling period (~3/4). If you card fails to load, first try to switch to another CC, second check to make sure there are at least 7 calendar days between loads.

Reports of Citi cards (at least Mastercard) coding as purchase for NW Buxx (Jan 2015), but YMMV.

TD Bank Go Buxx

Dead - "members will only be able to load TD Go Card(s) using a TD Bank Debit or Credit Card, or by direct deposit."

• Initial purchase fee: $4.95 + $1 load fee.
  • Max load per day: $500
  • Max load per 7 days: $2,000
  • Max load per rolling 30 days: $3,000
  • Max per ATM withdraw: $60/week. (No fee at TD Bank.)
  • Max balance: $2,000
  • Max transactions: no limit
  • Max load per funding CC (across multiple teens): only via TD CC $6,000 per 30 days

Limits are per teen card, not per master account

States not supported.

AL, AK, AS, AZ, AR, CA, CO, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, MP, OH, OK, OR, PW, PR, SD, TN, TX, UT, VI, WA, WV, WI, WY
According to thread, USPS MOs count against the ATM withdraw limit.
Citi codes as purchase and earns points for TD Bank loads.
Citi with some cards including the Exec will keep your order as pending and it will take up Credit limit for 3 to 4 weeks.

Beginning September 3, 2014, we're making changes to the TD GO Card program.
•We're decreasing the reload limit. We're reducing the per-day reload amount from $1,000 to $500. Rest assured, your maximum card balance at any time will remain at $2,000.
•We're changing how you can fund your TD Go Card. Account owners and friends and family members will only be able to load TD Go Card(s) using a TD Bank Debit or Credit Card, or by direct deposit.

Do not create too many accounts too fast. Some reports of account shutdown when same SSN used across multiple cards / accounts in a short period of time.
Print Wikipost

VISA Buxx

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2004, 5:08 am

Originally Posted by ananthar
I got a new US Bank Visa Buxx cards and successfully loaded and withdrew $1500 from a US Bank ATM (3 withdrawals of $500 each). However a few hours later I got 3 emails from US Bank each saying my Visa Buxx acount had been shutdown due to a security alert and to call in to verify the transactions.
You can't say you weren't warned about this (from my July 1 post):
FWIW: I did $1500 in one day on a new card and got shut down for potential fraud.
Old Jul 24, 2004, 10:17 am

Programs: , AA Plat 2MM, FB Gold, Hilton Gold
UgradeMe, What is the largest ATM withdrawal(s) in a single day you have done without triggering the account suspension ?
Old Jul 24, 2004, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by ananthar
UgradeMe, What is the largest ATM withdrawal(s) in a single day you have done without triggering the account suspension ?
I have done more than $500 in a single day without problems. The problem isn't the amount of your withdrawals, the problem is that you did it on brand new cards. Start slowly and you should be fine.
Old Jul 25, 2004, 9:59 pm

OK, thanks.

Last edited by vgastan; Aug 23, 2004 at 5:20 pm
Old Jul 26, 2004, 9:39 am

Programs: AA Gold; HH Gold
It must not be automatic, because it doesn't happen to me. It did happen the first time I did a withdrawl on the cards. But after calling and having my cards reinstated it hasn't happened since. So I'm not overly concerned about it.
Old Jul 28, 2004, 11:47 am

Programs: AA Plat 2.8MM
I'm another person who has older cards with a good history. I will try larger withdrawals and see what happens.
Old Jul 29, 2004, 5:52 pm

Programs: AA Plt-Lite 2MM,HH Gld, MR Plat
Has anyone had to fax a copy of your driver's license to fraud dept?
Old Jul 29, 2004, 7:29 pm

Programs: AA, UA, CO
Exclamation We have to be careful...

I got an email from them...

Well, I called not the 800 number on the email, but instead the one on the back of my card. They said I had to fax a copy of my DL.

Last edited by Rufo4506; Aug 17, 2004 at 11:01 am
Old Aug 1, 2004, 10:18 pm

I withdraw $1000 each time from a card and every time get an email from them to call to have account reinstated. Once CSR called me before I called them to confirm that it was me doing all the transaction. I confirmed. He asked me what was the purpose of all withdraws " Is it for some kind of points or miles? ", he asked me. I said yes and asked if there is a problem with it. He said"no". Then I asked him if he can put a note on my account that I'll be large withdrawals all the time and he said " no" as it's automatically gets triggers by computor and I should call every time to confirm.
Old Aug 2, 2004, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by Rufo4506
I got two cards. I withdrew the $500 from each in only a couple of visits and in less than 3 days. Then I added more money. Then I got an email from them...

Well, I called not the 800 number on the email, but instead the one on the back of my card. They said I had to fax a copy of my DL. No problem, I thought. I'm not doing anything illegal. Then I called the # on the email, just to be sure. They asked me a few questions, confirmed that I had indeed done all of the transactions, and then they reactivated my card. No need to fax the DL!

So, relax, don't worry. BUT... B U T, if they notice that their CSR and fraud dept people are spending too much time fielding these phone calls... then they will probably look more into this scheme. So, please... don't load too much money too soon, and keep the withdrawals small and a few days (4 or so) apart.

We want to able to rack up miles this way, don't we? So, let's all be nice and do this in moderation.
Absolutely true. But look at what the poster just after you writes. withdrawing a $1000 at a time on each card! The limits clearly state $100 per day with $300 every 3-4 days, a clear violation of the rules. I don't understand the big rush to cash out immediately, the credit card bill most likely isn't due immediately. This poster implies that they will continue to do this and expects a call every time it happens, certainly drawing attention to the whole deal.

This looks like a good deal and I second the idea to draw money in moderation. We need to keep it alive for a long time, greed is not good in this case.
Old Aug 2, 2004, 11:49 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
I called USBank before making any withdrawals and they stated the ATM limit is $500 in any 4 day moving period.
Old Aug 2, 2004, 12:44 pm

JIMCHI

Thanks for the update to $500 in a 4 day moving period. Their FAQs have probably not been updated.

Anyway $1000 at one time is still a violation of the rules and calls will be generated and attention will be drawn.

The card had an educational purpose, we FTers found another use for it, good for us. But by misusing it we will be affecting those who do use it for their Teens, as this deal may be altered drastically, as we have seen other deals changed. And that will affect us too.
Old Aug 2, 2004, 3:17 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Has anyone tried to use the USBank VISABUXX cards at the post office to purchase a money order? I tried today and the card was declined. I called USBank and they said they had no record of declining it and there were sufficient funds. I had this happen once before with another so-called debit card which actually was treated by Visa as a credit card when charges were processed; as a result I coould not use it at places such as the post office where only actual debit/ATM cards can be used. When I quizzed USBank, the agent said that when using the card as a point-of-sale rather than as an ATM, it should be processed as a credit card, but that it can also be used as a devit card with a pin for purchases. Mine sure didn't work. Have verified the PIN. Anyone else have similar problems?
Old Aug 2, 2004, 4:57 pm
DH

Originally Posted by JIMCHI
Has anyone tried to use the USBank VISABUXX cards at the post office to purchase a money order? I tried today and the card was declined.
FYI - Wachovia does not allow POS purchases too. This is not clear on its T & C but its CSR confirmed it when I called...
Old Aug 2, 2004, 4:59 pm

Programs: , AA Plat 2MM, FB Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
Has anyone tried to use the USBank VISABUXX cards at the post office to purchase a money order?
I tried buying Walmart MO with a VISABUXX card from another bank (Wacchovia) and it was declined with the message "debit network not active". I called the CSR and was told that PIN based debit transactions were disabled on VISABUXX cards.

Not sure if this applies to Wacchovia only or to all VISABUXX cards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.